General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Default Are You A Smasher?

Hello!

I'm Caroline, 21 years old, 200 lbs, getting married in 9 mo, and in DIRE NEED OF LOSING WEIGHT! I've been researching the Fat Smash Diet and was wondering if anybody had anything to contribute?

There were a couple threads about the Fat Smash Diet but the last posts were mid-late 2009, and I was hoping there are some current Smashers willing to help me out?

So, if you're a current/fellow/wannabe Smasher, can we talk about it?

Thanks so much!!

-Caroline
carosmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:20 PM   #2  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

You know. A coworker and I started the Fat Smash Diet...well I was bullied in to it...on July 6th. (We chose after the 4th due to the massive BBQ's that weekend) You know, I was sorta into it, sorta not, so I don't know how helpful my review would be but I'll give you my stats below.

Sex: Female
Body stats: 5'7", 272lbs.
No children

The first 9 days is all fruits, vegetables, rice, small amount of nuts, beans, fresh juice, and a few other cooking esentials (like butter). I lost 3 lbs the first week although I can tell you I cheated pretty much every other day. It's pretty obvious why you lose the first few days. All you eat is fruit and vegetables. I had to go to the bathroom pretty consistently. It wasn't really bad, but I was weak for a few days. I felt fine but my workouts at the gym were shorter then before.

The girl I work with is still doing it, and she thinks I am too however I went back to my calorie counting. It is what I am comfortable with and it worked for me steadily in the past. To be honest I was scared to gain the weight back from the detox period so I worked out like crazy for a few days-week after I "stopped" following along with the diet in order to prevent gaining until I was back to my steady menu. My coworker I believe is down 6 or 7 lbs since the 6th (4 of which were her detox). I like the concept of Dr. Ian's because he really lays it out. You can't lose weight without watching what you eat, and you definitely can't lose weight unless you get your @ss off the couch and move around. He doesn't give you tricks of the trade or any non sense. He's very straight forward. Eat Healthy. Exercise. Lose Weight.

This diet was fairly popular when it was first released, mainly because of the Celebrity Fit Club I think, but has faded since so it is dificult to find reviews decent reviews anyway. I'm sorry I don't have a more long term look at this diet as far as long term weight loss or maintenance goes but this diet just wasn't for me at this juncture. I still have the book in my car, wedged between my console and passenger seat. I keep it there to remind me that whenever I get so fed up an tired of being fat and I want a quick fix that there really is a diet out there that is not that quick fix and still works. I will eventually get back up on that horse when I need to switch it up (due to stalling or whatever) but for now I am sticking to my calorie zigzagging and whole foods.

Good luck if you decide to move forth with it!

Everyone will tell you negative comments about it but they don't understand it. Most people will freak out when you say "detox" but this is not a starvation detox. I say if you think you can handle it, then do it. I will warn you, it feels very restrictive for the first week, afterwards it gets easier as you are then allowed to add in a small amount of meat and dairy.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I have not tried this diet but have lost 40 pounds in only seven monthes and never once been hungry. Just counting calories.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Hey toobig...
Congrats on the 40lbs! How many calories are you currently consuming a day and do you have a sample menu of a typical day/week that you could share?
carosmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I eat between 1600 and 1800 calories a day. My menu is all over the place but I usually have a snickers protien bar in the morning for 150 calories. (I love starting the day with a little chocolate!) And I like to drink a cappacino most morning which is another 160 calories. I buy light bread that is only 45 cal a slice and I have a sandwich made with that for lunch. And\or a salad with light ranch dressing that only has 40 cals for 2 tablespoons. And for dinner I just measure and weigh out a serving of what ever I fixed dh. Last night that was pork roast night before salmon and roasted squash. And for a snack weight watchers ice cream that was 150 cals.

Alot of people are going to read this and flip out about the processed food. Oh well. It works for me. And sadly enough this is an improvment over how we have always eaten.

Also I keep a food journal and write down every single bite I eat. Every single bite.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

The detox period is somewhat restrictive. But u eat more than fruits and vegetables u eat oatmeal, and brown rice. in each phase u add back more foods. It's not really a diet but a lifestyle change. Dr. Smith doesn't believe that u can live without certain foods and treats so they will be added back in. There is a active web site fatsmashforum.com where they have lots of recipies and answers. Good luck
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #7  

I just started the fat smash diet today and I was wondering if we can have vegetable broth because I know we're not suppose to have chicken broth!!!
tsdelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/170

Height: 5'9"

i bought the book today and plan on starting tomorrow - while i was at the store i also found another book called the extreme fat smash diet which seems similar but very different

my bf is going to do it with me but he's already very leery because he can't have beer or coffee
shellcruises is offline   Reply With Quote