General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:13 AM   #1  
Head Above Water

Default Slightly Off Topic but Still Relevent

I truly believe that one of the most important areas of dieting is working hard to make yourself look great every day. To get up in the morning and pick out cute clothes (whatever your interpretation of cure might be), toss your hair or what-have-you and really care about looking good (and not in a vain sense). The point of this is to make yourself feel worth it, that you are beautiful no matter what, and are worth taking care of in every way.

This is my first step to my new life of healthy eating and healthy life, but I'm running into a few snags that I never anticipated. So you can see that this thread is on-yet-off-topic.

I'm mostly a to-my-self anti-social girl, though I'm trying to change that, and I've never had any girl friends to go shopping or be girly with. I have always been pretty tom-boy but I'm moving into womanhood with a new sense of balance and comfort with femininity.

My problem: As I have stated above, I want to make it a plan every day to look my best, but unfortunately I lack a lot of skills most women tend to pick up from mothers or other girl friends.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good websites for basic make-up application and hair styling. It sounds silly but I would really like to know how to do these things xD and I never was able to pick any of it up.

Help would be very appreciated! And who knows, maybe I'm not the only one out there who is curious but never asked.

~Taffeta Rose
Taffeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/135

Height: 5'1"

http://www.helium.com/knowledge/7356...-for-beginners
is a good website also I would recommend going to younkers or a department store and have them apply makeup and ask questions about the product and how to apply

google hairstyling just keep trying til you get it right

it was fun reading the first paragraph of your post it was very inspirational keep your eyes on the prize and good luck dear
SheGos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/135

Height: 5'1"

forgot about this look up
http://www.5min.com/Tag/makeup?CategoryID=0

and it has some pretty good videos on hair and makeup
SheGos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

youtube is FULL of tips on makeup, hair, and anything. Yay for video tutorials hehe. The only problem is finding what look you want because there are just so many.
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:33 AM   #5  
Head Above Water

Thank you very much for the links and I'm glad you agree with my idea.

I'll do my best, and I wish you all the luck in return.

~Taffeta Rose
Taffeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I'm in the same boat. My hairdresser loves giving tips about hair and makeup, though, and never sounds condescending or anything. If you have a hairdresser you like, I bet they would love to share their expertise with you! I'm still working on finding someone to shop with me. My 12 yo (son) is willing, but he tells me I'm more of a "man-woman" because I do all the stuff both men and women do, so it's not super helpful ) Good luck to you!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote