South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It'th Thurthday with Thmilies

Yeth, I jutht bit my tongue. Not that I had anything important to say! All I was doing was eating a peach. I'm sure I'll live through the day.

There's an "in control" day ahead - aside from self mutilation! The Pypers have postponed their boating visit so the day's all mine for a change. I may even get my front flower bed primped a bit, something I meant to do before the Fair. I have a load of sliced mushrooms in the dehydrator and need to make a bank run (of course!) but that will be "it" for the day. Some of us planned to go to a jazz evening tonight but I begged off. I just cannot last late into the evening and this one starts at 9 which is nearly my body's bedtime.

Have a great day. I hope it's cooled off a bit for you. We are going to have highs of just 75º which suits me fine.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth, I'm sorry about your sore tongue but the thread title gave me a smile when I logged in! I hope you're able to relax some and truly enjoy your unscheduled day today.

I'm still at my mom's and looking forward to another on plan day with a walk and some kayaking squeezed in before I head back to Maine this afternoon.

Have a great Thursday friends!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like we have to wait one more day before it cools down for real. At least it's only the high 80s.

Ruth - Enjoy your all yours day

Heidi - happy kayaking. I'm going to buy 2 next spring so hope you don't mind if I pick your brain when the time comes

It's an office day for me again. I do think I'll get the big project off my desk and to the person doing production by the end of the week. Listen for a loud cheer from this direction

I finally have my exercise back on track after the heat wave. I feel better, sleep better and my weight stays on track better. Now to ramp up the weights, ab work and yoga.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oooch! Starting off your day biting your tongue isn't any fun, Ruth! If you bit it hard, gargle with some warm salt water to make it feel better. Your day sounds lovely and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

It's awfully muggy here today already. I have laundry started and stuffed pork chops in the oven for Jake's supper. I like to get all those chores done before the heat settles in.
Today is supposed to be steamy and stormy. A good day to take the girls shopping. Audrey is going to her first sleep-away camp next week and needs a few last minute items, and Maggie is looking forward to her promised trip to the crafts store to pick out her birthday present from me. I'll treat the girls to lunch while we're out, so we'll make a day of it.
I think polo will probably be canceled for this evening so I should get home at a decent hour.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Heidi and Cyndi! You all snuck in there while I was posting.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks.

Ruth - I am an early-to-bed person too. Or I would not be here so early in the morning!

Heidi - Cute ticker; I didn't notice it before.

Cyndi - The heat was not good for my exercise either. I probably need to get back in the challenge next month for some extra motivation.

Linda - Shopping with the girls sounds fun to me, since I only have sons!

We hit the road to Minneapolis in a few hours. Fingers are crossed the forecast is wrong and it won't rain tomorrow morning since we are only going a day early so we can ride bikes then! DS1 is coming in from college so we'll get to visit with him this weekend too. Not sure if I'll be able to check in, so if not, have a great weekend all.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Steak, steak everywhere! I love steak! Good morning everyone and have a nice day!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #8  

Good Morning everyone, today is my FRIDAY!! Yeah, I am so happy and even better the weekend will be nicer so I can take my little one out to enjoy the outdoors. The AC is fixed and no more bad storms hopefully.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Preaching to the choir here, but I saw a great documentary yesterday that many may be interested in ........lasts about 40 minutes.
Processed People.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, Today is my Friday as well, have to make sure I get everything done before leaving today so busy day.

I will be offline probably til August 10th, have decided to stay op for this trip so I am preparing items to bring with me for the road trip and we have a full kitchen at the resort so I will prepare food there as well. Don't want to stop the engine since I restarted it. LOL

Have a wonderful week everyone!!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #11  

Smile

Good Luck Peral, let me know how it goes, I have a trip coming up in Oct. and last year we were counting calories but ended up totally loosing it and never got back on track, the people we stayed with did not eat the same way we did so we easily fell back into old habits, and I really really don't want that to happen to us this coming October. Would love to hear how your experience goes. Have a GOod TIme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
Good morning, Today is my Friday as well, have to make sure I get everything done before leaving today so busy day.

I will be offline probably til August 10th, have decided to stay op for this trip so I am preparing items to bring with me for the road trip and we have a full kitchen at the resort so I will prepare food there as well. Don't want to stop the engine since I restarted it. LOL

Have a wonderful week everyone!!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good thinking on holiday planning, Chickies. I have two days away at Stratford next week, a big birthday dinner bash this Sunday, a week in Cape Breton the end of August and then my cooking course in Italy in October. I definitely need to harden my resolve and focus on healthy eating!

It's still a gorgeous coolish morning here. I walked down to the diner for coffee with friends and Donna's Ted came back with me to "look at Ruthie's drawers" - gotta love country humour! Anyhow, Ted figured out how to take the darn thing out, tightened a screw and it's working fine. It wouldn't close completely and was really bugging me. I need to be less anal!

The mushrooms are nearly dried, the pots on the back deck are watered and now I'm out to primp the front bed.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Day (it is still morning here hehe)

I sure like my early morning routine better (have I said that before?). We didn't get home until 11pm last night-oh well. Kirk is still sleeping and I've had the dogs out, enjoyed one cup of coffee and am thinking about another. We have a day full of chores before going down to meet DD for a 730pm meeting so it will be another late one.

Ruth, I hope your tongue is better and I'm glad you get a day off.
Linda, I've still been focusing on vegetarian but stuffed pork chops sound great!
Cyndi, I'll be glad to hear that your project is complete! Good job on exercise!
Heidi, Say Hi to your Mom!
Karen , Safe travels!
Pearlrose Safe travels to you, too, and congrats on your wise decision to stay OP!
Janet, Happy Friday!
Okie, Hi back!
Cat, Thanks for the link. I don't have 40 minutes now but will put it with my list of things to watch.

Ok, I'd better get going here! We picked a gallon of cherry tomatoes yesterday and are drying them today. It's tomato heaven from here on out!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

cat, that was a great documentary. made me think a lot and made me even more committed to what i'm doing.

-
woke up in just the most horrible mood ever. i had planned on going to the gym this evening so I don't even have that to perk me up. i'm hoping a lot of coffee and just getting into what i have to do today will keep me from snapping my family's heads off.

dad comes into town tomorrow, dealing with some crap bureaucracy who just disapproved something that has been in the works for a long time and is supposed to happen TOMORROW and I did all the prep yesterday - gee thanks. I have to go back in and create another proposal. annoying. i also have to clean the house at some point today.
Closed Thread