Old 07-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Default need some advice...

I am chugging along soooo slowly that I wonder if I am ever going to get the rest of this weight off. My weeks are up on Monday. The center has asked me twice so far if I would like to make my stabilization appointment (didn't know you needed one of those). I told them I wanted to wait until Monday when my 'losing weeks' were up. I figure the more I can stretch it out the better chance of me getting closer to my goal.

One of the counselors about a week back told me when I had concerns of meeting my goal not to think that I had only 2 weeks to lose, but that I had 8 weeks to get to goal since I would lose weight during stabilization. It actually made me feel that it was doable in that time frame. Now, though, I am wondering. I am not a fast loser and have been averaging only 1.5-2 pounds a week for the past month or so. I stick to the plan 100%. If I plan to do stabilization the correct way (which I really would like to do since it will only benefit me in the long run) and add the extra foods how will my body lose the extra pounds I want it to? I won't be happy if after the 6 weeks I am still at my current weight and not at my goal.

I don't want to have to purchase 17 weeks more of program to lose 7 more pounds. Has anyone been able to purchase fewer weeks?? I would love to know what other centers offer and the cost. My center has already graciously given me an extra 3 weeks so I really can't expect them to gift me any more.

I would love some advice and thoughts from all of you.
HELP!!
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

expect to lose the first couple weeks. you will still be pretty low carb and in a big caloric deficit.
As soon as you introduce the big carb at lunch (week 4? 5?), ontop of the extra fruitand dairy your body will seem to stop losing. Because of the carbs... you will basically regain the water weight you lost at the beginning. The only way to avoid this is to never stop eating low carb and to never get out of a caloric deficit.

And as far as i know, you cannot purchase "X" amount of weeks of your choice. They do have smaller packages though-- or mine did. I think at one point they offered a 5 week and a 7 week program.

Dont mess up stabilization. YOu got it right as far as focusing on the long term.
Good luck
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Hi wendinnc, sounds like a tough question, congratulations on getting this close to your goal though!

I recently re-upped with my center. My average THE WHOLE time has been 2 lbs a week, sometimes a bit more and most of the time less, but the average is the same. My center offered 10 weeks for $99 and 17 weeks for $129.

Hope that helps you decide. The note from mkroyer is interesting about gaining back all the water weight. I've been wondering about that. Does that mean we have to shoot for a couple lbs below what our real goal is?
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #4  
Aprilw94

Yes goalaug, u do have to shoot under your goal by 4-6 lbs because our bodies will get our "water weight" back once we go back to eating normal amounts of carbs that plump up our cells . She is also very right about stabilization. Stay on track because its I portant to follow it as it's laid out because they add things in at certain times for a reason. Its not the time to slip up. Ohhhhhh the lessons you learn if u have to go through something for a second time
aprilw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Hi wendinnc, sounds like a tough question, congratulations on getting this close to your goal though!

I recently re-upped with my center. My average THE WHOLE time has been 2 lbs a week, sometimes a bit more and most of the time less, but the average is the same. My center offered 10 weeks for $99 and 17 weeks for $129.

Hope that helps you decide. The note from mkroyer is interesting about gaining back all the water weight. I've been wondering about that. Does that mean we have to shoot for a couple lbs below what our real goal is?
I read about you extending your weeks and lowering your goal.... congrats! I think that in itself can be a big decision.

I am very happy with the weight I have lost already, but know that I still have some to lose and am not wanting to stay at my current weight. I 'think' that I will feel good at 148, but since I haven't been at that weight in who knows how long I really have no idea if that will be my ultimate weight. I believe that weighing 148 for my height is still at the high end of the recommended weight so I really want to see that number on the scale and decide at that time if it is a good weight for me. In the back of my head I would really like to not weigh more that 148... so should I be thinking about a goal 5 pounds lighter so I have some wiggle room?? The water weight gain comment has made an impact on me as well.

Any ideas what would happen if I decide to start stabilization on Monday... go through the process correctly... and maybe lose only another pound or two..... and still want to get down to 148?? Would I just go back to eating off the green menu? I guess I need to sit down and ask all these questions to one of the counselors at the center. They have told me that it is usual to lose another 3-6 pounds during stabilization, but I know that I tend to lose slower than a lot of other people. (hypothyroid, etc.)

As crazy as it sounds I am thinking about this all the time and find myself having a hard time getting to sleep at night with all these thoughts. I don't want to have come this far and give up when the finish line is in sight.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #6  

Thanks Wendinnc, i'm in this until the end, so resigning was my only option.

If i were in your situation, I would resign for 10 weeks, it's only $99 which is a small price to pay for how far you've come already and you might want to adjust by a few pounds. With what folks are saying about water, you'll want to overshoot by 4-6 lbs anyway. For me, i'll want to actually get to my goal weight and anything else I lose in stabilization will come back on as water in maintenance.. basically bringing me back to my 'start of stabilization' weight anyway.

I'm probably going to be in the same situation as you. My goal is 150, we're the same height and I have 30lbs of muscle, which I guess is slightly high for my size. So when I get to 150, I'm not sure if i might want to go to 145 or even 140. I've never been that thin, so I don't know how "thin" that is. So I resigned for 17 weeks to cover the overage.

Now i'm just burning through my last weeks on program, trying to bust above the 2lbs a week with all I have knowing that i will get there and then will do stabilization right.

I hope you make a decision you can come to peace with. Good Luck!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/198/140

Height: 5'5"

I received the stabilization menu last week. My counselor did not mention anything about adding food back on different weeks. She just handed me the menu and sent me on my way.
Secretgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #8  
Aprilw94

there are like 3 or 4 menues to stabalization if i remember correctly....someone on this board has to have them lol. I lost those menus in the move, so if anyone gives them to you, i would love a copy as well. I have a while but if someone is looking them up for ya I might as well grab them to. Im sorry that was how it ended for you
aprilw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretgrl77 View Post
I received the stabilization menu last week. My counselor did not mention anything about adding food back on different weeks. She just handed me the menu and sent me on my way.
Are you beginning stabilization? or ending the program? If you end the program before reaching your contracted goal weight, they hand you the maintenance menu and wish you luck. If you're starting stabilization, you have a different menu each week for most of the 6 weeks to teach your body how to eat normal again and then you begin the maintenance menu/guidelines. I ask because in your side profile says S/C/G: 256/198/140
Old 07-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #10  
Started program June 2010

Wendi,

Good luck with whatever you decide. Just remember that you deserve it!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie04 View Post
Wendi,

Good luck with whatever you decide. Just remember that you deserve it!
Thanks June.... I know I tend to put myself to the back burner so often. It seems I am a mom first and foremost, then a wife, and then if there is are any minutes left in the day after all else is taken care of I might remember me..... but usually by then I am exhausted and just want to crawl under the covers!
I appreciate all the comments and tomorrow when I go to weigh in I am just going to tell them my thoughts and see what direction they steer me in. I hope I get a counselor that I have a little history with. Hope everyone had a great week.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/198/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Are you beginning stabilization? or ending the program? If you end the program before reaching your contracted goal weight, they hand you the maintenance menu and wish you luck. If you're starting stabilization, you have a different menu each week for most of the 6 weeks to teach your body how to eat normal again and then you begin the maintenance menu/guidelines. I ask because in your side profile says S/C/G: 256/198/140
I keep getting confused with the stabilization and maintenance menu. My contract was up and I'm not continuing my contract.
Secretgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretgrl77 View Post
I keep getting confused with the stabilization and maintenance menu. My contract was up and I'm not continuing my contract.
Stabilization is started when you are within 6 pounds of your goal weight and lasts 6 weeks. I haven't gotten there just yet, but my understanding is that foods are added back in each week to see how your body adjusts. It is meant to stop the weight loss phase and 'stabilize' your weight to get ready to maintain. Once the 6 weeks is over you are given a maintenance menu that, I think, is calorie related from then on. (which may be the menu you were given??)
Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #14  

Wendinnc: I am also a very slow loser. It has taken me 14 months to lose 26 1/2 pounds. I lost slowly, hit a lot of plateaus, but just kept on plugging along. Finally I was able to start stabilization and have just completed week 3. I have lost 3 pounds since starting stabilization adding foods back in each week. I have 3 1/2 pounds to goal. I wouldn't worry about gaining weight on stabilization because my understanding is that if they see that adding in something caused you to gain that week they will adjust what you can eat and will take that food off your menu. That is the beauty of adding one thing back each week. Good luck.
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote