Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default i have the wacky dieting mind

so i decide i want a treat after my healthy veggie chili lunch. i mean, hey. i've eaten 290 calories so far today (cereal from breakfast, plus the chili) and it's 3 pm. i deserve it.

i wandered around the cafeteria place for over 10 minutes. i couldn't bring myself to buy any chocolate or cookies, i couldn't halde to calorie count. i almost got a popsicle, but it's too cold. so what did i get? nothing. no treats. i just came to the computer room.

damn... i can't even eat stuff like that when it's IN my plan. i'm such a mess. will i be able to be more relaxed in march? march 1st is a FREE DAY for me... i'm going to wig out.

anyone else do this -- feel like they have to be perfect all the time? i mean, last night i freaked out after my taco salad - which was OP. i felt like i ate too much.

see, you guys wonder how i can have a perfect 4 point month. THIS is how... obsessive holly thinking.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:25 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Holly... I am the same way.
I am skipping the challenge for March - if I can't be perfect I go insane- then I eat - then I get depressed.

Need to find some balance.
You are doing so well right now - but everyday you need to ask yourself, can I live like this everyday - forever?
Old 02-26-2003, 09:59 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Holly, I really think that as you get closer to goal, you will ease up on yourself a little. Frankly, I wish I was a little MORE obsessive!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I think that's a good idea to let yourself go a little on March 1.

Sometimes I go off my program on Friday, not by much, but enough so that I don't give myself 2 points for food. I was a little bummed when I realized I wasn't going to be perfect in the challenge, but I find if I don't let myself have a little something every so often (for me it's a cafe mocha with whole milk, no whipped cream), then I will eventually binge and do even more damage.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:50 AM   #5  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi Holly,

I know what you mean. I do the same kind of thing. I have set certain guidlines for myself 1200-1600 calories a day - preferably 1300-1400, eating veggies, fruits, meat, breads, milk, and chocolate every day or almost every day. Sometimes, if I feel really full even though I'm right on track calorie-wise, I feel like I've failed, guilty, like I've fallen. I try to remember that this is a mind thing, that I've actually done fine. I have to remember that I didn't have a sense of how much food was ok for my body for over 25 years. I'm not going to develop a perfect sense of what is ok, too little, too much right away. I have to help myself develop this sense by sticking with a sensible plan.

I used to feel guilty about eating chocolate. But, I CAN have chocolate - as long as it's in the plan. I don't HAVE to feel guilty if it's in the plan. I kept telling myself this intellectually, and eventually I got it emotionally. I have no guilt problem with chocolate now. I only feel guilty over feeling very full. But I'm telling myself that it's ok to be full. Just because I'm full doesn't mean I've overeaten.

I try to stay away from the "diet" mentality, i.e. deprivation = weight loss. Deprivation does not equal weight loss. It equals frustration and guilt. Ultimately, I think deprivation is fattening!

Just try to stay on your plan, Holly, and you'll do fine. I think you will start to relax on your plan as you go along. That's how you'll be able to keep it up - you'll realize that now that you know you CAN stay on plan, you can relax bit by bit and still stay on plan. It just feels awkward at first.

Great job so far!!!!!

Jeanne
Old 02-27-2003, 11:41 AM   #6  

Holly,

Are you eating enough calories? You had 300 hundred calories TOTAL for breakfast and lunch? That sounds really low. I could never survive on that.

Please try to give yourself permission to snack when it fits into your plan. Don't beat yourself up.

I really like Teddy Bear Grahams-I count out the serving size and factor it into my calories almost every day. That's my treat, and I don't feel guilty eating them.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 02-27-2003, 02:35 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Holly - I am also worried that you are not getting enough calories. On a really good day I am at least 500-600 calories after lunch...On most days it's more like 800.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:53 PM   #8  

holly, I don't want to be a pest, but it really doesn't sound like you are eating enough calories. Please remember that it is just as unhealthy to eat too few calories as it is to eat too many.

Do try to treat yourself, but don't go overboard. When I am on plan (which has been a while), I tend to be a little more lax on the weekends. For me, that is when my dh and I do some major cooking and the kitchen becomes our playground, but I plan for that every week, so on I don't overdo it then.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

don't worry guys! for awhile, before i realized how bad it was, i was't eating enough. but i always make it to 1200 minimum. yesterday i had 1350. i'd just had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then the chili for lunch is only 140 cals... it's really filling though.

sandi, i usually hit about 600 after lunchtime. i'm trying ot bump that up and then eat a lighter dinner sometimes.

and on the 1st, i'm not even going to journal. hee.

p.s. i managed to eat 1/2 a brownie thing from a vending machine about an hour later. 190 cals. i gave the other half away.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:00 PM   #10  
Catwoman

Well I always restrict myself to 200 cals for breakfast and lunch 250 tops but I make up for it with my main meal. I love to have a decent sized dinner so I won't snack at night or go to bed hungry. I usually end up with 1800 cals for the day. I don't think it matters how you break up for daily cals but how many you end up with for the day. Not eating alot during the day works for some ppl but not others, just a personal choice I guess.

Kitty
Closed Thread