Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200+/151/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Weight loss has suddenly gotten steady?

I have noticed in the past two weeks that my weight loss has gotten steady. I used to be all over the place on the scale, with big stalls and then be down four lbs all at once. Now I'm feeling a bit weirded out! I weigh the same in the morning as I do in the evening. Before, I would weigh 2-3 lbs more in the evening. Now I lose in steady intervals of .2 lbs...before the weight loss would come in chunks of at least 1-2 pounds, and my weight would fluctuate so much.

Anyone know what's going on? It feels good to not be "teased" by the scale, but I didn't know weight loss patterns could change so quickly. Always thought I was a stall and whoosh kinda gal forever
bellona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #2  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to guess it's just a fluctuation - a fluctuation in your pattern that is tricking you into thinking your pattern is suddenly more regular!

I say this because two weeks is not really enough time to establish a new pattern. Also. 0.2 lbs is about three ounces - despite the readout on your scale, you can't really resolve changes of three ounces. If you drink a few sips of water (or pee), or take off your glasses, or wear an undershirt, you can change your weight by three ounces. Your ordinary fluid fluctuations that are pretty much out of your control are going to be more than three ounces. So even if you have real losses at that scale, they are going to be unmeasurable in the day-to-day fluctuations.

So even if it looks like you are losing steadily 0.2 lbs each time you weigh yourself, I am going to bet that it is a coincidence, an illusion, and won't last more than a few more days. The pattern you've noticed over a period of several months is much more realistic and likely to be the real pattern.

Last edited by carter; 07-27-2010 at 12:27 PM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #3  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Mine has always been the way your explaining each time i lose weight. I wish i could answer but I have no idea lol
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #4  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

You have to watch your scale as well. I know mine has a function where it will consistently show the same number as last time unless there is a big fluctuation like more than a pound. I figured this out one day after weighing the exact same weight for over a week, right down to the .2 . Some scales need to be zeroed out between weigh ins. I touch my foot to one side and lightly apply about 12 pounds of pressure. It will weigh the 12 pounds then reset itself. When I step back on, it will usually give me a new number. You could also have someone else weigh them self to reset it. Its worth a shot to try that out
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #5  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sweetnlow do you have a Health O Meter scale? I'm gonna try that and see what happens. Have a great day.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #6  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Sweetnlow do you have a Health O Meter scale? I'm gonna try that and see what happens. Have a great day.
I have a Taylor body fat analyzer. Most digital scales work the same though. Give it a try and let me know if that works for you
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200+/151/125

Height: 5'7"

hmmm...interesting. thanks everyone. i have no idea what's going on. i thought my scale was broken, but I weighed my kitty and it said the same thing as the vet's scale when I took her last night, so it can't be too far off. Maybe I need to start weighing twice?

I've been making a huge effort to drink more water lately. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited by bellona; 07-27-2010 at 05:08 PM.
bellona is offline   Reply With Quote