Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #1  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

Default Uh-oh

3 years ago I changed jobs. I still keep in touch with a lot of people I used to work with - they're all great folks. I havent seen them in about 3 years and gained A LOT of weight since then.

So...now I've committed to seeing these people again in late August and want to look half-way decent.

I'm not shooting for some kind of unrealistic weight loss goal, I just want to look the best I can - at whatever my weight is.

Im nervous about this. My looks have changed so much. Aside from the weight, I used to have really long hair - Ive had to shave it off 2x due to surgeries on my scalp. It's nowhere near as long as it was - it's actually only about 2" long.

I keep in touch with these folks via Facebook. I'm thinking of maybe posting pics so that there's no big surprise when I see them face to face.

Anyone have any advice/suggestions?
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I think getting someone to take a nice picture of you in your new look would be a good step for yourself

Get yourself some things that make you feel pretty, jewelry, cosmetics

At the end of August you can buy yourself a nice outfit.

I'm sure a lot of people have changed, too - it has been three years, and a whole lot of life-stress has gone by!

I'm sure they'll be really glad to see you.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #3  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Feeling pretty!

I can sympathize with you. I have refused invitations because I don't anyone to see me. I've narrowed my social circle because I gained so much weight. I'm working on it, but it's hard - ALL of my friends are at a desirable weight or just plain skinny.

When I need to feel pretty, I get a manicure, a pedicure and make an effort with my hair and make-up. A new outfit is always good, but sometimes a manicure and pedicure is all it takes for me. I'm like a little kid - I like new things I can see. I can look down and see my pretty new manicure and my fancy toes. I wear favorite rings and bracelets for the same reason.

Let's both try to remember: Friends don't love us because of a number on a scale or a haircut. They love us for ALL of ourselves - inside and out. Use your outing as a motivator, but you'll be beautiful no matter what!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

I really dont think anyone would be shocked to see you... I was feeling that way about goin back to my fav Church, we took a 3 year hiatus, and I gained 50 lbs in the break... They were so happy to see us that no one even noticed my weight... And if they did, they didn't show it!!!

Be super strict on induction and DON'T cheat at ALL, get into ketosis and you should drop some pounds and INCHES, before then.... I have lost more size than pounds in the last month!!! I have only lost 22 lbs but I have lost 2 full sizes almost 3... It takes more weight than that to make me go up a size, so on this diet you def shrink quick!!
hairchick40v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #5  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

I'm starting to feel better about this - less panicked

I think I'll wear my capris - I havent worn those in years and they finally fit! The way I've been looking at it is...I am who I am. I'm not gonna change overnight. And the weight I think I've gained...I haven't. I WAS 345lbs when I left that job. Im now 330lbs. My weight's been so up and down because of my illness that I've lost track! LOL!

As for my hair...Im sure nobody will even bat an eye. It's short. Who cares?? It still looks good. These people know about the surgeries anyway so I dont think they'll be too surprised.
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Good for you!

I panic too sometimes and forget to be rational...my feelings about my weight are rooted in emotion and sometimes skew my perception. You sound as if you've gotten your head right...Yay, you!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote