Old 07-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #1  
South Beach Babe

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Day Shred Challenge: Day 4...Still Goin' Strong!

Anyone complete Day 4 yet? I'm going to do my video later today. If all goes smoothly, I think tomorrow I will buy 2 5lb. weights to up the intensity of the strength segments. I know I sound like a wuss for using 3 pounders first, but my arms were in that bad of shape!! I'm going to stick with it.

Had a not so healthy chicken wrap for lunch (split it with my husband) so I'll have to be super careful the rest of the day food-wise. Fruit and veggies all the way Plus, I think I'll have salmon for dinner...mmmm.
TinaTiny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #2  
South Beach Babe

I almost chickened out and skipped today's workout, but I didn't! Just finished L1D4 and feel awesome. I did 20 pushups!!! Plus, hardly any breaks during the entire workout. I even did the final cardio section with no stops...I feel strong!!!

Hope you ladies are chuggin' away with me, it's worth it!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

I did! I did_not_want to do the shred today but I stopped listening to my whining self and went for it. It wasn't easy but I finished with no breaks and felt so happy I did.

by the way, I use 3 pound weights and I'm so ok with it. For the squats/raises in the first circuit and the side lunges/raises in the last circuit there is no way i could do anything more right now, I can barely complete those as is. Some of the others in between I could probably do more and might keep my 5 pounders near by to use and switch off.

strange question- do your elbows crack during the pushups? I do the "anita" pushups and my elbows crack every time... they don't hurt at all but they are loud!!

Great job so far!!
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #4  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnyloo View Post
I did! I did_not_want to do the shred today but I stopped listening to my whining self and went for it. It wasn't easy but I finished with no breaks and felt so happy I did.

by the way, I use 3 pound weights and I'm so ok with it. For the squats/raises in the first circuit and the side lunges/raises in the last circuit there is no way i could do anything more right now, I can barely complete those as is. Some of the others in between I could probably do more and might keep my 5 pounders near by to use and switch off.

strange question- do your elbows crack during the pushups? I do the "anita" pushups and my elbows crack every time... they don't hurt at all but they are loud!!

Great job so far!!

YAY! I'm glad you did it! It feels good to know I'm not the only one that uses the 3 pounders. I think I'll try switching back and forth too.

No...no cracking elbows, haha. I do the girly push us too, but if I do one more day of them well, I may try the normal ones. I used to be able to do them...we'll see. Good luck tomorrow!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #5  

Um, don't feel bad about the weights. I don't have any at all yet and my arms tremble when I lay on my back and raise them straight up above my chest. With NO weight other than the weight of my own fat lol. I plan to get some weights soon. Great job, ladies!!!
jenny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #6  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny79 View Post
Um, don't feel bad about the weights. I don't have any at all yet and my arms tremble when I lay on my back and raise them straight up above my chest. With NO weight other than the weight of my own fat lol. I plan to get some weights soon. Great job, ladies!!!
Awww, thanks! Your strength will really improve if you keep up with it, promise! I'm getting 5 lb. weights today, I'm ready to step it up
Old 07-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #7  

I did day 4 last night. I'm totally convinced that JM is trying to kill me. And it's working. But man does she really know what she is doing!
jenny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #8  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny79 View Post
I did day 4 last night. I'm totally convinced that JM is trying to kill me. And it's working. But man does she really know what she is doing!
Good job! No....she loves us! Haha, ok, maybe not, but I do find her jabbering a good distraction from thinking about how long some of the segments seem. Keep it up!