Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default I hate fat days!

Uber is having a pity party.

I am having a bit of a tough time right now. WAY too busy with tons of travel and a huge deadline looming.

I am faithful about working out to the point of being neurotic about it, and now, I've been forced to skip 5 straight days....

Then I had a six pound water weight bounce-- I went from 190 on Friday to 196 on Monday am, without any eating or drinking off plan.

Today was a crazy day and I didn't even eat my normal stuff--not very satisfying food and on the upper edge of my calorie limit-- almost 1500 instead of 1200....

I feel HUGE and FRUSTRATED. The entire month of July I've run outside during the heat and really kept my calories in check....I REALLY wanted to see the 180s by the end of the month, and instead I'm looking at this big old bounce.

Even so, I had to stop in a convenience store when I got gas-- alone, tired, and very stressed out for a number of reasons, and still I only bought gum-- and it occurred to me that for YEARS that situation would have been a perfect binge producing storm, but this time, in spite of everything that is bothering me, it did not tempt me soothe my tension with food.

Most of the time I feel pretty good about myself, but apparently I'm still vulnerable to fat days.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

I understand! I've had quite a few days of those lately. It is extremely frustrating. Good Job for staying on plan! That is fantastic! Keep your head held high, tomorrow is a brand new day.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:43 AM   #3  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Aww sweetie.... I had a 6lb water retention weight gain this week && I was feeling gloomy too. But it went away. Dont get discouraged youre doing so good!
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:07 AM   #4  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

There really isn't a lot of comfort on fat days, is there? Keep your chin up, plow through that deadline, and do all you can to achieve a reasonable plan for yourself in the meantime!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:08 AM   #5  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

So sorry that you have been having a hard time. Stress can have a terrible effect on us.

Don't ever forget the fantastic success that you have had since this journey began. You are an inspiration to me - I hope to someday accomplish what you have. This is just a temporary setback for you. I hope you can find some relief from all of the stress. Hang in there!

Last edited by doingmybest; 07-27-2010 at 01:09 AM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

You have done well and been so persistent; it really is hard work when several Fat Days at once gang up on us.

Congratulations, though, on not bingeing, not even thinking about bingeing. With a mindset like that, you Will achieve your goals.

Last edited by Rosinante; 07-27-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:17 AM   #7  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if this happens for you, but right after I have a fat day (or two or three in a row), I get a whoosh of weight loss. It's happened a number of times to me so far. What I think happens is that my brain finally catches up with my new body image and I start seeing how far I have to go instead of how far I've already come. Magnified that by a million, and perhaps that is your situation. Either way, you've come incredibly far and know in your heart you've done the right thing and are feeling and looking better than you ever have. You already know that staying patient and positive will benefit you because this process isn't done. So, plow through it and it'll get better. Someone once told me that things always work out in the end, and if they haven't worked out yet, it isn't the end
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #8  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Oh, I am so sympathetic! I hit goal, and then a day or two later, out of nowhere, this MONSTER bounce came, and my weight shot up nearly 4 lbs, and that took a couple of weeks to slowly peel off. I was pulling my hair out over it, because I was so, so, so very on plan, but there it was, this unauthorized weight, stubbornly refusing to go away.

Until it did. You've been at this a while now, and you've done so incredibly well. You know you're doing things right, even if the scale doesn't. Focus on that, and eventually the view from the scale will look rosier. My own mantra in these irritating bounces and stall is: "I am more stubborn and determined than my butt. This weight WILL eventually leave, if I stick to plan."

You'll get there. You've already proved that you can.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 AM   #9  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Hopefully that water weight will come off
easily and you'll hit the 180s soon!
I know what you mean. Some days
I'll just look at myself and think,
"Wow, I gained 10lbs over night!"
and my fiancé will be like, "What
the heck are you talking about?"
It's just our brain toying with us.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I am so proud of you and am sending you a virtual hug.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Fat days are hard! Try to remember what a fat day was like 100 pounds ago. Now those fat days were super hard.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Oh, thank you so much for all your encouragement....

I'm more stubborn than my butt-- LOL. That has GOT to be my new mantra...

I know you guys are right, and the miracle that I should appreciate is that all of this stress and scale bouncing doesn't get me off plan...

And also, this same exact thing happened to me last month-- I gained more than five pounds and held it for ten days, but then it all dropped off in one night and took another five pounds with it in the following three days!

The problem is mostly the "feeling fat" problem... on Friday, when I got to 190, I really felt thin.... by Monday, I felt like a two ton Tessie...that's mind playing tricks, but it's a cruel trick.

I'm not sure I'll ever be immune to fat days, but to all of you, because it's clearly much better to call on you guys than to pay a visit to my OLD best friend DUNKIN.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Fat days are hard! Try to remember what a fat day was like 100 pounds ago. Now those fat days were super hard.
Cheryl I just love this!

I'm doing pretty good most of the time now, but I still have fat days. It's nice to know they're fewer and farther between than days of yore. You've got enough of these days under your belt to at least know it will pass, but that doesn't help in the middle of it, does it?

I stall/re-gain two weeks out of every month. I just came off my two weeks with an overnight drop of two pounds. I knew it was coming because yesterday I had to pee all day and I didn't drink very much! It's the first time I ever noticed that but it was obvious my body was letting go of water. It doesn't get much more obvious than that. See if you don't notice something similar.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I've been having a week like that and it's not very nice. I hope you feel don't have any more Fat days.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #15  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I empathize with your mood, Uber.

Some days it seems like I look at my body and see no difference between now and 100+ pounds ago.

But I also think it's great that you have changed your behaviors. That is the key to longterm success (or at least one of them!). I have dealt with some stressful events in the past year, and instead of turning to food, I find myself itching to get out and run or bike, and work off the stress. And it works! Good for you for not reverting to past coping methods.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote