Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #1  

Default ADVICE : Choosing A Program

Hey Ladies and Gents!

I'm in serious need of advice. I just started working out about a month ago, along with a healthy, 1200 calorie diet. During that month I lost 20lbs, by eating really clean and working out to both the 30DS and Turbo Jam - EVERYDAY! I'm now down to 180.

Now I'm looking for something new to take on like P90X or Insanity..anything really to push my limits. Ideally I'd like to lose 10lbs a month, which I know is possible. I'm looking to drop 40lbs, for now.

I was interested in P90X Lean.. hearing its more geared towards weight loss..but I'm also hearing P90X is NOT a weight loss program..and is only to tone up. I don't know too much about Insanity!

So is it true..P90X is a no-go? How's Insanity? Or other programs? Just a little lost and need some direction, advice, personal success..anything really!
abbie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

From my understanding it's also to help you tone up- that's not to say you won't lose any weight- but you might have to do the P90x two times in a row to lose all the weight you want.

Good luck.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #3  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I think it depends on what your goals are. Yes, P90X is predominately a strength program, but that doesn't mean that you won't burn fat by doing it. Insanity is a cardio program at its core and utilizes body weight exercise for strength work. If you have knee issues, it might not be the best choice for you since there is A LOT of jumping involved.
I love Insanity (I prefer sports drills to dance-y workouts). I haven't tried P90X yet--it's on my want list for when I lose enough weight to even have a reasonable shot at doing a pull-up I'm currently doing ChaLean Extreme (another strength program produced by BeachBody).
I think it depends a lot on your style and what you'll enjoy doing--if you don't enjoy it, you'll be less likely to stick with it.
I would research both programs--check out the website, watch the clips. Since you like Turbo Jam, you might take a look at Turbo Fire (another BeachBody program). It's Chalene Johnson's latest program and is very intense..and a lotta fun
Good luck!
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/205/150

Height: 5'6

I have been doing turbo jam and 30DS as well. Both worked well for me, but I do want something more intense. I think I'm going to move on to Turbo Fire. I hear it is like turbo jam, just more intense
lizzybeth81 is offline   Reply With Quote