Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #1  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Smile The 280s Ladies - Our first official thread!

Hi Ladies!!

I hope everyone made it over to the thread!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #2  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Just bumping this up so its visible!

I'm so close to 230s! I was 240.2 this morning..It will probably come tomorrow or early next week..Then from there its on to my 40 pound loss goal.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #3  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Phoenix - How awesome!!!! You are doing absolutely perfect!! What are you doing for your weightloss? I don't remember if you ever said. Congrats!! I am sooo proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #4  
Failure is NOT an Option

S/C/G: 266.1/Ticker/190

Height: 5'9

*RAISING HAND*

Im new but im here.... finally a place where I can say I fit in I guess that's why I been lurking all this time.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #5  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Welcome Kina! We're all in this together

glenlorie (and the others from the last thread) : Thank you all! I really appreciate your words..However, I'm certainly not perfect.. I had a pretty long lasting plateau! I was stuck in the 243 - 245 range for months! This was because there was a huge amount of stress starting early this year and I fell OP several times. As for what I do, I take it slow and easy. I don't have the best knees ( I havent been seen by a doctor, I just kind of know because I get pain and my left knee "clicks" when I walk), so most of my activity is stuff around the house or working in the garden, wii etc. I do stuff I enjoy to stay active...I like to work with my hands - cleaning, wii, gardening, even building things or moving stuff around. I'll also walk but I don't over do it..right now I am afraid to risk injury because of already existing occasional knee pain. I also used to be a calorie counter but when the stressors hit earlier this year, in addition to being around home cooking and unpredictable surroundings, I changed tactics to low calorie, healthier foods and portion control on the stuff I can't control (like mom's cooking). However, my mom and I have worked together to make healthier meals, and now we often cook with eggplant and tons of vegetables (either from produce or from our garden..we plant about everything), and ground turkey in place of ground beef. She still makes some heavy stuff but in moderation and even with small changes like a side salad instead of a extra helping of mashed potatoes it is still doable. It's taking me a lot longer to lose than some ladies here have (I've been a member since 2008) but I am actually glad its going off slow because the longer it takes the more confident I get that it is a lasting change.

Last edited by Phoenix301; 07-23-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #6  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Keep going Phoenix! You can do it girl!

It's TOM for me so my weekly weigh in was back up! Ugh frustrating! Hopefully next weigh in will be down. I really need to bust out of to 270's! I need to get back on track for my mother's visit. I am getting frustrated withmyself. I feel like I won't meet my goal for her visit!

Right now I am making low fat chicken casserole. It smells like it's done! Have a great night ladies!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #7  
Oneder Bound

I am probably going to get **** for mentioning this but has anyone thought about HCG? I'm not saying I'm going to do it and I know 3FC absolutely doesn't support it. My old director at work was a little chunky-kinda like the cute chunky. When I switched departments I didn't see her for months. I finally ran in to her in the elevator this week and she looked amazing! I asked her what she had been doing and she said she had a full body evaluation done with the MAYO clinic and they suggest HCG. She's lost about 30 lbs and I swear to you she is amazzzzzing looking. I've read up on it and it has it's ups and downs.
I'm kind of in this desperate moment of weakness stage. I think I have been extremely moody and b*tchy the last week and a half (which you all have pobably noticed) and I think this is due to finally getting a period after over a year! So basically what I think I am looking for is not permission to look further into HCG but rather a slap in the face.

BTW- welcome PrincessKinNY! You'll love it here.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #8  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Kina!!

Shelly - I had no idea 3FC was against HCG. Truthfully I have not looked into it. I have a friend who is doing it, she and her mother. They are doing crazy well but just watching her and listening to what they have to do I can see why it is not easy to support. Heres my slap in the face Shelly. YOU CAN NOT EXERCISE and have to eat like only 500 cals a day for parts of the thing! You want to show off your hour glass right????!! Well, we all know that this will help you get skinny, but a banging hour glass will require that you work out and eat right.
Oh and my TOM finally came. I thought alll last week that it was going to start. It started today. Hope that is why the scale is moving slow. I am in the July weight loss challenge, and my goal was to get to 250, lets hope I get a woosh on top of my usual 3-4 lb loss next week. I only have till Saturday!!

Last edited by SarahD140; 07-24-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #9  
Dresses and Heels.

ok, just read about HCG. No way. I would say its not an option.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #10  
Oneder Bound

Good lord girl! How are you losing 3-4 lbs a week???
Old 07-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #11  
Failure is NOT an Option

S/C/G: 266.1/Ticker/190

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the welcome...

Phoenix sounds like ur off to a gr8 start I am starting officially tomorrow which is Monday and im going to try to read up on everyones experience so I can be prepared as much as possible.

Ummmm HCG don't know any info on it but I know I can survive on 500 calories thats CRAZY.... so I guess hey if it works watever but I am trying to do something HEALTHY!

2morrow im signing up to a gym one of the more expensive ones in my area has a 30 day for $30 special so imma try that and challenge myself to 5 days a week for a month with a 2000 calorie intake and see how that works for me.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #12  
Oneder Bound

Ok..someone help me to understand this.

So I have been doing a lot of research on the number of calories I should eat in a day and how much exercise I would need to do everyday in order to lose 2lbs a week steady. EVERY singly website I went to wants me at around 2100 calories. EVERY single website says my RMR is around 3100 without exercise so I am burning an excess of 1000 calories a day just going to work and coming home and doing homework. That is a deficit of 7000 calories a week thus two lbs being lost.

So I eat 1500 calories daily, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less but that is the general area. If my body burns 3100 calories without me doing anything strenuous, I should be in a daily deficit of 1600 calories. Since I do this daily then I should be losing....1600*7/3500=3.2 lbs a week! WTF! I am still stuck at 273 for 2 weeks now.

I hate you PCOS-with all my calories I hate you. Alright. I am going to experiment. I am going to do a strict 1500 calories goal for 7 days (when it's not my TOM) and I am going to go to the gym for my 1 hour of 3mph on the treadmill (for me this burns an excess 409 calories). Then I am going to weigh in and see what happens. I will start this on Thursday...hopefully my TOM will be done by then.

Ladies I will keep you updated!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #13  
Dresses and Heels.

Shelly- I control my calories, 1200-ish a day, some days more. I am fallowing the principals of south beach, but have yet to switch over to phase 2. So pretty much I eat lean meats, veggies, lots of water... And to top it all off I burn tons of calories at work. I am planning on adding exercise this week and taking it seriously. I have been saying I will for a couple weeks now and have not, so its time. I'm going to finish JM30DS! I swear. I figure my weight loss will slow down eventually, but for now I will take the 3-4 lbs.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #14  
Dresses and Heels.

ok, so I had been thinking about something. My highest weight was 284 (known weight that is, bet I was higher and did not know), so I think I will change my ticker with that as my start point. I got serious about losing weight late this june, and at that time my weight was 275, but when I think about how much I have lost I would like to count the 9 pounds I lost going back and forth between trying and not. I just wanted to share, random topic but it means something to me.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #15  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

So glad there's a new thread! Haven't been on 3FC in a while, so I'm happy to see everyone. I've learned that keeping in touch really keeps me motivated.

My last big drop was after my TOM two-ish weeks ago, and I've been hanging around 296-298 this past week. I've "fallen off the wagon" a little bit--not keeping track of calories, not exercising, etc. But I'm going to try REALLY hard this week; I'm going to get my butt over to the gym at least once and do whatever I can! Also, I've been reading about the 30DS that you guys have been talking about, and I think I'm going to get it! My sister (my 5'10" 160-something pound 17 year old sister...grr! Hahah.) said she'd do it with me, which I think would be fun. She wants to get into better shape too.

By the way, not sure if I ever thanked the lovely ladies who responded to the whole ex-boyfriend thing. It made me feel so much better, I really appreciate it. It's been hard...he's bringing some girl to his parents' house in Virginia for a week (it's only been two months since we broke up, WTF???) and needless to say it's a little upsetting. But I know I'm better off--that I need to not focus on it and just move on with my life.

Sarah, I just responded to your other thread, and now after reading these posts too, can I just say you're an inspiration? Seriously! You're doing so well. Actually, you're all doing well...you all keep me going! Thank you thank you thank you.

Shelly, try the 1500 cal thing and see what happens! What have you got to lose? (Har har har...) lol. But really, sounds like a good (and potentially REWARDING!) experiment to me! I may have to do the same thing, only on a permanent basis hahahaha.

Welcome, Kina! Hope things are going well.

Congrats, Phoenix! You're sooo close...wow. Awesome job.

OK ladies, here's my recent NSV: yesterday I was going through some of my clothes from college (yup, they've been sitting in my suitcase since April...lol. Don't judge. XD) and I was able to fit into a pair of size 22 pants I couldn't even squeeze into a few months ago...woohoo!!! I'm not a comfortable 22 like I was a year ago, but I know I will be in another 15 pounds or so. I can't wait.
Closed Thread