Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Feb 23rd!!!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:52 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning All!

Squirmy is in his bouncy seat "growling", you know, that demon baby sound?! He's possibly constipated...hasn't pooped since around noon or so yesterday. I know that's not that unusual for a baby, but his pushing and grunting and making a fuss. Thermometer up the bum isn't helping, and neither is the gas drops. One of the girls on the baby board said her Dr. told her to use suppositories, so I may call my ped. and see if I can do that. She used Fleet Babylax, less than half a dose, and it worked immediately! I think I could handle him being fussy if it was just to be fussy, but not when he's in pain like that and I can't help him...just give me drugs!

Mom came over last night and stayed with him while DH & I went grocery shopping. Our big night out! Today I am really going to try and avoid all dairy. I bought a little container of soy milk last night to try, it tastes disgusting, but it's tolerable in my coffee. The choc. soy milk was OK to drink. Not sure I could handle it in my cereal though...maybe the chocolate in my cereal would be good?!

Oh well, time to feed...have a great day all!
Old 02-23-2003, 11:00 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning all,

We had a good time in Atlantic City. We came home $175 richer!! That is very unusual for us. DH won buckets (ok, $300 but to me *that's* buckets!!) playing multi-action blackjack. I went and played with him for awhile and I won $100. We played away most of the profits but I made him leave before we lost it all. .

Lauren: Hope Petey has the poops and feels better soon.

Hope everyone has a good day. I think we are going to head to PA to DH's base to get his new rank insignias sewn onto his uniforms. He's such a hoot with all this military stuff.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:06 PM   #4  

Hi,

Just a quickie:

Lauren: I found this thread on Storknet about BF and dairy.

http://www.storknotes.com/showthread...threadid=48329

thought there might be some helpful info for you.

Hope everyone is having a great evening!!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:44 PM   #5  
LBH

Karen- Thanks! Looks like it's not the Lactose, but the cow proteins that I can't have. Oh well. I'm trying hard to stay away from all dairy. Haven't had my OJ either.

Petey is sleeping right now...was awake for hours screaming this AM. I was close to the end of my rope, I'm glad he finally went to sleep, because I was in tears trying to deal. Sorry I keep venting.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #6  

Hi guys,

We finally went grocery shopping so I have lots of SF stuff and veggies and fruit in the house. Yippee!! We were supposed to go shopping and then make dinner at home but DH was *so* hungry that we went out to dinner and then shopping!! We went to Charlie Brown's and I had a huge steak with lots of veggies. My sugar is only 88 and for the first time in a long time I am not going to bed hungry.

Lauren: Sorry that Petey is not doing so great. I hope he feels better soon. I hope that you feel better soon too!! I would offer to baby sit on the weekend for you but I don't want to give DH the vapors!!

Hope everyone is having a super evening.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:08 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen- Thanks for the offer!! Glad you got a good meal in, and the right food in the house. Must've been all that protein filling you up! Hey Karen, are you working today? If not, do you feel like meeting up at BRU?? I think I'm planning on getting there around 12:30-1:00. Give me a call if you wanna!

Everyone busy this week? I'm showered and dressed and waiting for Peter to wake up so I can give him a bath. We're going to my mom's office to show him off today. The girls are dying to see him. Figured since I'll be in the area, I'll hit BRU for a few things. Not that I have the money to be shopping, but there are a few things I need!

I was soo upset this AM, DH got up with Peter at around 5:30 (mind you, I had just fed him at 4:00!), and was going nuts looking for the bottles, because the two small ones I always use were in the BR used during the night. I hadn't planned on him getting up with him, so I didn't bring them to the kitchen after the 4 AM feeding to wash and refill. So I guess he used the big bottle that I use for the pump, but he couldn't find a nipple for it...I had put all the bottles and stuff in a drawer the other day, in an effort to clean up!...anyway, he took a bag of BM out of the fridge that was defrosting, and I'm not sure if he used any of it, but when I came into the kitchen around 7:30, there was BM all over the counter!! I just started bawling, that was 6 oz. of BM, and RR can tell you, it's liquid gold, so to lose it was devastating! I just bawled while I sopped it up. Let me tell you, it's not beyond a nursing mother's thoughts to try and get it back into the bottle, but of course it's not good anymore, so into the garbage it went.

Anyway, they make these bottles that are specifically for storing milk in the freezer, and I wanna see if the have the set at BRU. It's a set of 10 (or 12?) and a wire shelf thing to store them on, like that rolls them down, so you use first in, first out...kwim?

Oh well, at least I pumped almost 9 oz. this AM...Have a great day all!!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:28 PM   #8  

Hello!!
Having a rough one this morning..She has cried all day...REally miserable with those eyes and runny nose today...I have driven around, carried her, sang and she is just irritable..THe only sinus med that I can give her is saline nose drops..That doesnt help much!!!!My mom made me angry cuz she thinks it is the breast milk and i need to put her on formula..If it was that, she wouldnt sleep all night without crying(wakes up 3-4hrs for eating) and she would not be almost 11 lbs....She is sleeping on boppy pillow in my lap now..soo I am content...

Lauren--U R right about the liquid gold..Dh's attitude is "but it is free and there is plenty more where it came from"..*L* They have no clue, but I love him all the same!!!!

Karen-yeah on the sugars!!! Keep it up!!!!That baby will be here before U know it!!!

Hello to all!!!
RR
Old 02-25-2003, 03:35 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

Lauren: Yeah, I was working today. Sorry to miss the fun though. It would be nice to go baby shopping with someone who actually knew what I was talking about. DH is honestly trying, but he has no clue.

RR: Sorry Kaylee isn't well. It must totally suck not to be able to fix what's wrong. Whew, don't think I'm looking forward to that either!!!

No one but us has been around for awhile. Do you think we are scaring everyone off with baby talk? I hope not. Come back guys!! I'll be good, promise!!

I haven't gained anymore weight so far. I probably won't with the way I'm eating now!! Trying to keep the sugar down is good for not gaining (well, because of eating anyway!! I guess baby will add some eventually!!)

Have a great evening all!!
Old 02-26-2003, 08:24 AM   #10  

Karen--I thought the diabetes was a blessing cuz it helped me with eating right and keeping weight gain to a minimum..If I do the pg thing again(hmmm..if not already )then I will start off with the diet!!!

Lauren/Karen--check out http://www.signwithme.com/main_signs.asp
Kind of neat thing!!!

Everyone--we promise..diet talk only!!!! Come back and post!!!!

gotta run..monitor says it is time!!Waaaaaaaaaaaaa
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 02-26-2003 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:45 PM   #11  

Udate...Kaylee woke up with really nasty eyes, fever and screaming..I brought her to the Pedi and she has an ear infection..Poor baby...she suctioned out nasty yuck from her ears..Now I know why she has been soo miserable...
RR
Old 02-26-2003, 01:50 PM   #12  

Hi all,
I'm back from my vacation in Tahoe & Reno. It was beautiful and tons of fun. The weather was sunny and perfect most of the trip and the last day it snowed. I was so happy cuz I haven't seen it snow in forever. I skied three days, went for a 45 minute walk along Lake Tahoe, and ran 20 minutes thru the Dallas airport with lots of carry-on so I feel like I got lots of exercise. However, I ate freely and drank lots so it will probably even itself out. We got in last night and I forced myself to come to work today. I'm totally exhausted and can't think straight but I wanted to stop in and say hi. I'll catch up as soon as I can.

Last edited by lizzard_h; 02-26-2003 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:51 PM   #13  

Hi all,

Just a quickie today. I have a doctor's appt and then breastfeeding class tonight. I'm already exhausted so I'm gonna be dead by the end of the evening. Class isn't over until 9:30. UGH!!

RR: IF NOT PG ALREADY?????? Dang woman!! I'm sorry Kaylee is not well but at least you know what's wrong now and can get it fixed!! I know I hate it when my ears hurt. She must have been really miserable. I tried to follow the link you posted but it wouldn't work. Please type it again.

Liz: Glad you had a good time skiing. It'll probably be 3 years or so before I can go again. DH expects me to be skiing next year. Wonder who he thinks is going to keep the baby?

Have a great evening!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:32 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I'm up early...Peter was up at 5:30 to eat, and thankfully went back to sleep...it wasn't looking to promising for about 15 minutes there. I decided to stay up because I have to eat breakfast...something I don't often get, other than a banana and coffee...and clean.

RR- Poor Kaylee, hope she's feeling better soon!! That's signing sight is pretty cool, I've heard it really works too. On the Boppy...Peter loves his boppy! He'll just hang out there in it, on the sofa, looking around at blinking lights on the computer, or like yesterday, he was watching TV for a few minutes! I use it for the middle of the night feedings too, just put it on the bed and him on it, and feed.

I got a call yesterday from a company called Silver Sand Photography because they said when I bought my package of pics at the hospital from Growing Family, there was a coupon or something for a free, no obligation 5x7 and additional sitting. So the guy is gonna be here at 9:30 this AM!! I was like, uh, my house is in nooo condition for guests, and that's early!! She said don't worry, they only need about 5 ft. of space, and no one's gonna see your house in the pic! Whatever...at least it'll get me cleaning!! Now...to decide what to dress him in!

Karen- Oh well, we'll have to get together some other time and do the BRU/baby talk thing! How was the DRs. appt. and class? Did they show you the video of the baby climbing up to the mother's breast at birth?! I thought that was the neatest thing, and actually tried to see if Peter would do that, but he wasn't too interested in nursing right away...should've taken that as a sign!

Liz- Welcome back! Glad you had a great time! I'm sure the food/drink/exercise will at least even out!

Have a great day all!
Old 02-27-2003, 08:09 AM   #15  

Well...better night!!! I gave the tylenol and the fever never went above 101...The antibiotics have kicked in and hopefullly we will have a better day!!! I felt bad, cuz the Pedi said ear infections could happen cuz they lie down and breast feedor eat...Bad mom..guilty cuz some nights I was too tired to pick her up....Never again!!!!

Karen--LOL...I would panic....What can I say..I had a great Valentines night!!!!! Relying on the fact now that I breast feed exclusively and there is no way!!!!

Lauren--Hope the photo session goes well!!! At our 3 month pics, I am dressing Kaylee in her Detroit Redwing Jersey!!!I want to surprise DH!!! If it is too big, I will catch the 4 month pics in it...

Well..minimum excercise to report..Checking healthclubs closer to my house for prices etc...My old club(membership exp May) is really out of the way from Daycare...Wow..life changes!!!!
Off to scrapbook while she sleeps!!!
RR
Closed Thread