Old 07-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

Default Calorie intake vs weight gain/loss

Hi all

I am doing dukan diet which is technically a high protein, low fat, low carb diet. However, because I have portion control issues and binge issues, and emotion eating issues instead of the unlimited protein I am trying to dicipline myself to stay within 1200-1500 calories a day, in order to set the mindset for post diet life.

Ive been steadily losing weight, but for the past 2 days i have gained a total of 300 calories but when I looked at my calory intake, both days were under 1000 calories. So I am thinking maybe I am gaining because my calories were low. It wasnt intentionally low just that I went out to dinner at friends' both nights and there were very few things I could eat from the menu and I didnt want to take my own food.

Has anyone had this experience? I am going to raise my calorie intake higher today and see if thats caused it. But its so depressing and in my head I know that human body fluctuates and I shouldnt focus too much on weight but size but its so motivating when numbers go down and so demotivating when they go up

What are your views on this? Has anyone had a similar experience and how did you deal with it?
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

If you eat too low calorie you can cause a "starvation mode" with your metabolism. I would suggest eating something you CAN have before those parties, then nibbling about at the party on other legal things for you. That way at the get togethers food doesn't have to be a focus (that's actually one of my hang ups - not necessarily yours). Also, could be hormonal - like a TOM thing (Time of the month). I track weights over my cycle - not necessarily a day to day scrutiny. PreTOM weight can be a diet motivation destoyer. Also, were both weights same time of day in same outfit? GROSS ALERT: Were they all post BM? If you weigh after one day and before the next you might not reflect your weight losses the same. Of course it'll come out in the wash over time, but if you do day to day scrutiny weights, all things should be equal.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote