Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #1  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Arrow Not very helpful

Hey I just wanted you all to know that i read all the posts and except for my welcome messages in the introduction forum, I just don't know what to say to support you all.

I am in the same boat as everyone else and I am struggling along side you all so when i read you all's post I want to offer great advise and support but I never know what to say or I feel like I would write something that sounds like I am a jerk .

So I just wanted you all to know that I am being supportive and i am praying for each of you but I don't have any great words of wisdom, they are just not there yet.

Maybe I am to new in this process, thanks for listening
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

All most of us do here is share our "experience, strength, and hope," to borrow a phrase from a 12-step program. No monumental words of wisdom required! So, if you have something to say, post away! And if not, that's OK too. Thanks for your prayers!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I felt like that at the beginning. I felt like I was just at the beginning of a journey I wasn't sure was going to work out and had failed so many times, what on earth did I have to offer? Then I just started sharing my experiences as I had them and eventually I learned that I was having learning experiences left and right. Many mental shifts occurred that have allowed me to be where I am for the first time in all my attempts. So I started to share what those mental shifts were and how they came about. Low and behold...I felt like I had something to offer.

Even if that never comes, a very simple will do. Or a or a cheesie ...my favorite.

We're all in it together and all comments are welcome.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I've found that when I try to be wise in my posts, I often mess things up -- ever other post will give a different answer than I did and when I think about it I realize, "oops! they were right."

I think I do better when I aim for sweet and supportive responses. And, I know I've seen a number of sweet and supportive responses from you, Losing It 2010. You definitely contribute to our community!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing It 2010 View Post
I am in the same boat as everyone else and I am struggling along side you all so when i read you all's post I want to offer great advise and support but I never know what to say or I feel like I would write something that sounds like I am a jerk
Sometimes... All people need is to hear that they are not the only ones struggling. That some things are easier and some things are harder. And it helps to share experiences, no matter how small they seem.

And... besides... your avitar makes me smile!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #6  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

That is a very nice message you wrote. You saying that you are reading people's posts and care means a lot. I think it's good you chip into the Introductions forum because I think there are at least 5 of those posts each day. There are a lot of people beginning the journey and I fear that they will drop out of their programs after a week or two.

I'm so glad you said what you did. Sometimes I don't know what to say either, especially when I relapse into binge eating. But I like to be honest about my struggles just in case it will help somebody else.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I really try not to offend people on this
site because things can get a bit touchy.
It's also not easy to explain yourself fully
over the internet. I have good intentions,
yes, but sometimes someone could take
it the wrong way. I would never want to
hurt someone, I really do try and help.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #8  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

losing it 2010, i'm glad you posted this. i often feel the same way. i am new too, joined a while back but didn't do anything with it, then a few weeks ago felt like i was ready to take on my health, and started participating and posting. because i am new to this and it is early days, i am still learning, and still figuring out what works for me and seeing what works for others. i often feel like i don't know what to say, but i want to be supportive and helpful if i can be, and don't want to offend anyone. it can be difficult to convey meaning over the net, hard to hear tone, etc. anyway, just wanted you to know you are not alone in this concern and i'm glad you brought it up since i have had similar concerns.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #9  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I've felt this way before, I didn't really comment much until farther into my weight loss and time on the board. Then I started seeing posts I could relate to, or things people were asking about that I had experienced. That was when I finally found I had an opinion and some ideas to share.

Don't worry It may come, it may not. We thank you for your support and we support you back!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #10  
Defying Gravity

I just wanted you all to know that I am out here and that I do support you all. This is hard and we are all up against so my stereotypes whether we are heavy, thin, short, tall..whatever. So I am here to support you all the best I can, I appreciate each and every one of you, all your achievements and/or failures, we are all human and this ride is short so enjoy it
Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

I don't make many comments either because I feel that I don't really have the experience that many on here have. I feel that I am doing well, and I know what works for me. But it might not work for others.

P.S. It looks like you and I are pretty close with our weight and height.
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #12  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I just think of it this way, everyone on this board knows we all offer support and advice when needed, but we have to remember we have to take the good with the bad adivce as well.

I think everyone on here should know when posting a question to receive the good advice as well as the bad! though love, i guess.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #13  
Defying Gravity

That is so weird, we are the same height and pretty much the same weight. We are 10 years apart also. When I was your age I was able to get down to 119. My goal is to hit 150 for right now and if after I get there I will see if I want to go any further. It takes a lot of mental energy to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelswife View Post
I don't make many comments either because I feel that I don't really have the experience that many on here have. I feel that I am doing well, and I know what works for me. But it might not work for others.

P.S. It looks like you and I are pretty close with our weight and height.

Last edited by Losing It 2010; 07-23-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Quote:
That is so weird, we are the same height and pretty much the same weight. We are 10 years apart also. When I was your age I was able to get down to 119. My goal is to hit 150 for right now and if after I get there I will see if I want to go any further. It takes a lot of mental energy to lose weight.
It DOES take a lot of mental energy. I was able to get down to about 138 a few years back but then got married and as many newlyweds do...I gained weight. I am shooting for small goals too. It's easier to shoot for small goals to avoid getting discouraged when I see how much I really need to lose. Good luck with your goals. We are all here to help each other!!
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #15  
Defying Gravity

I am a project person and so I started this healthy eating project on June 30, no more fast food and soda that was all that I intended and I am now day 23 and still going strong. In the meantime I decided to start trying to lose weight and joined the gym..my project just got a WHOLE lot bigger. I am waiting for my signature line here to start writing down my goals ( should get a signature line tomorrow)

Let me know if I can do anything to support you or encourage you with your goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelswife View Post
It DOES take a lot of mental energy. I was able to get down to about 138 a few years back but then got married and as many newlyweds do...I gained weight. I am shooting for small goals too. It's easier to shoot for small goals to avoid getting discouraged when I see how much I really need to lose. Good luck with your goals. We are all here to help each other!!