Old 07-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #1  
South Beach Babe

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Day Shred Challenge: Day 2...Uhhh...

Ladies...I'm so sore from yesterday! My workout clothes were nasty so they are in the dryer right now. When they are dry, I'm going to do L1D2. Uhhh, not looking forward to it, but once it's done, I know I'm going to be so glad I did it! Anyone else compete the challenge yet?
TinaTiny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #2  

I finished L1D2! So proud. So incredibly sore lol. For real. I'm waddling.

:-) It's GOT to get better, right? It will get easier, Jillian said so.
jenny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/120

Height: 5'4''

I just actually finished L1D2, I really can't believe how sore I am between my legs and arms/shoulders.

Just out of curiousity, are you guys using this as your only form of exercise, or are you doing a combination of this and other videos/exercise?

I did find today SLIGHTLY easier to get through than yesterdays, not any HUGE success though lol.
beckicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #4  

I didn't find it a whole lot easier than yesterday lol. I'm pretty much just sore all over. The front of my thighs hurt when I try to sit down on the toilet ha!

This is my only form of exercise right now. I'm reading of people doing this plus some. I'm lucky to walk after this right now.
jenny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #5  
South Beach Babe

Jenny- I laughed out loud when I read your first post: "Jillian told me so." HA!!!

Beckicz- I am trying to eat better, watch my calories, but for now I'm only doing the video. On week 2 I'd like to add extra cardio.

Good job, girls, we did it! I actually did worse today...I couldn't do the girly push-ups! Oh, and the jump rope segment...*dies*. Other than that, I did just fine. I love the strength segments, I feel accomplished when I finish them, ya know??

Off to make a veggie pizza...yum! See you tomorrow!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

L1D2 complete! Good job ladies!

I think the most sore part for me is my stomach... definitely a good kind of sore!

Beckicz- I'm training for a 7mile road race in August, so I run 4 - 5 times a week, right now 3 miles, but I'm pushing up to 4 starting this weekend. I needed something for strength and toning and this seemed like the perfect quick workout to go along with the running. I've also just started WW up again after taking the last month and a half "off" but still trying to watch what i eat. I haven't lost any weight in the last month but I didn't gain any either so I was pretty happy with that!
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #7  

jenny- I didn't find it MUCH easier at all, but I was able to go passed parts that I needed a break in before. The only other thing I've tried add to this is yoga, strictly for the good stretching, I think that's helping A LOT with my soreness

tina- the side lunges are what KILLS me, I always thought my legs were my most muscular part of me, guess I was wrong LOL.

lynny- That's great! Good luck on your race.

I'd really have to say my legs, and back have been the most sore. Overall though, I'm very sore throughout.

Anyone interested in setting a goal for themselves to reach at the end of the 30 days? My motivation is always increased if I set a small goal for myself
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckicz View Post

Anyone interested in setting a goal for themselves to reach at the end of the 30 days? My motivation is always increased if I set a small goal for myself
Thanks for the well wishes!

I'm interested in setting a goal... what did you have in mind?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #9  

We each set a personal goal, either inches or pounds for the end of the 30 days, just to really kick start everything. I know it'll help me get my butt in gear with starting to workout again and eating right.

My personal goal is to be down 15 pounds August 19th (which I believe is when my 30day shred is over).
Old 07-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #10  

Great idea!

My personal goal is 10 lbs by the same date. I'd be just has happy seeing some real inches come off, but after thinking about it, that seems way harder to put realistic goals against.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #11  

I'm HOPING it'll be more but I'd be more than pleased with that. I'm trying to incorporate other things into the shred, although I feel sore, I don't really feel tired.

Hopefully we'll both reach our goals, I'm almost tempted to not weigh myself until the 30 days is up! I took my before pictures and I hope after the 30 days I'll be able to see a real difference. Ah a girl can dream lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #12  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckicz View Post
I'm HOPING it'll be more but I'd be more than pleased with that. I'm trying to incorporate other things into the shred, although I feel sore, I don't really feel tired.

Hopefully we'll both reach our goals, I'm almost tempted to not weigh myself until the 30 days is up! I took my before pictures and I hope after the 30 days I'll be able to see a real difference. Ah a girl can dream lol.
hey ladies! A goal is great, and ten pounds sounds good, but I don't think we'll get those kind of results by doing this video alone. I just haven't heard people get results like that. I'm adjusting my calorie intake, so hopefully that will help.