Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #1  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

Default Back & Re-Starting Induction Tomorrow

I was on this site some time ago and was successfully doing Atkins. I got really sick - not Atkins related and had surgery, got sick from the surgery, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well...after regaining the weight that I lost - darn meds! I'm cleared to start up Atkins again so I decided no more wastin' time...tomorrow is Induction Day1!

I'm super psyched about it. I really felt good doing it the 1st time around. I hope it'll be as easy the 2nd time around.
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #2  

Glad you made it back Simona I just came back myself! We can do this!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #3  

Glad you are getting back on the wagon. You can do this!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! I am just ending week 1 and no cravings that I can't handle. I am being smarter this time around and eating more of the veggies and planning for meals better. When I do this, it seems more manageable.

Good luck and chat often. We are here for each other.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #5  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Thanks for the "welcome back".

I planned well today. I know I wont have too many bad cravings or at least nothing that I cant handle.

When I was sick I got some pretty upsetting news. I always thought of myself as healthy but now I'm on the cusp of being diabetic and I always promised myself that I would NOT let that happen! EVER! So...I'm more motivated than ever to do this right and have it work for me.
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simona View Post
I always thought of myself as healthy but now I'm on the cusp of being diabetic and I always promised myself that I would NOT let that happen! EVER! So...I'm more motivated than ever to do this right and have it work for me.
Well, the good news is that Low Carb is the way you want to eat if you want to control blood sugar...and you are catching it *before* you are diabetic...not after! Follow the plan...and you will be healthy!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Simona.....congratulations on getting started back on Atkins again!
I find it interesting that people seem to choose Atkins to use AGAIN....whereas on many of the other diets, people think "oh no, I can't go through THAT one again". I think it speaks to how great the Atkins plan is.

Torister made an excellent point. This IS the WOE you want to use for diabetes. In fact, all the good endocrinologists are putting their diabetic patients on this or some close version of this. Because it is low-glycemic, your blood sugar is much more stable and you don't have those constant spikes and drops like you do on higher carb diets. Not only that, but this then prevents the over-working of the pancreas....which can lead to diabetes getting worse or more rapidly coming on.

Plus....because of the low-carbs, you tend to not have these frequent periods of being ravenously hungry (usually due to precipitous blood sugar drops) and the more regimented your diet and eating times are, the better able you are to keep your BS in a healthy range for the majority of the time.

I believe that if all diabetics would follow an Atkins or low-carb diet, many of them would no longer require insulin injections.....and could be managed on either diet or diet plus oral anti-glycemics.
And not only does being overweight NOT help diabetes but insulin is what causes storage of fat....and therefore, contributes to being overweight.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote