South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday!

I didn't post yesterday because it was such a downer but today will be much better.

This morning I'm off to town and back and then will spend most of the day at the Fair. By the way, please don't tell me to "Have fun" because going around "putting out fires" is really not fun. I wish people got along as well as dogs do.

Made a big beef stew with lots of fresh veggies last night to feed the Fair Board members at noon. I'll take it over before I go to town and am sure some of the guys will be having stew for breakfast. Everyone is pretty darn tired of fair food after the first day so my stuff is appreciated. I may do chili for tomorrow.

Time to crank up the day. TGIF - and I really mean that today!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Actually, stew for breakfast sounds pretty appealing. I do hope today is better, Ruth, and I hope the weather is cooperating with the fair this year.

I have to run over to the farm this morning to water the flowers, and pick up some wrapping paper on my way home. We're having Tyler's birthday party here tomorrow, and I just realized I don't have anything to wrap his present in. On the other hand, I may just put it in a gift bag, instead. At least you can reuse a gift bag. I'd better get the house cleaned today, too, since tomorrow is supposed to be a record-breaking day and that means everyone will either be in the house or in the pool.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ladies!!
Decided to skip the gym this morning and get some stuff done around here before I leave for the last day of workshop. Will try to exercise here this evening. Hoping they wrap the workshop up early today so the presenters can get themselves back to their home towns and the rest of us can hit the grocery stores early before the "tropical storm rush" begins. At least if I get bored at the workshop I can work on my store list!
The heat index here was 110 yesterday and I decided to walk to a convience store near school during our lunch break. It was only about 20 minutes round trip, but I thought I was going to die. The water cooler at school didn't have any cold water and I was in need. The workshop is in our library and has been hot as hades. One wall of the library is glass brick. The janitors covered it with black paper and brought in a couple of fans, which helped, but with so many bodies packed in there, it's still hot even with air going full blast. That room is usually very comfortable.
Ruth, I'm sure everyone will be so happy to get that veggie stew..yum!!!
Cottage, have fun with your farm chores!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-23-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning and I am also glad it is Friday. Other than the fact it means another week of summer has sped by!

Ruth - Sorry yesterday was not a great day for you. Hopefully today will be better. Hug.

Linda and Cat - It has been hot here too. I am torn between wanting cool weather and dreading that it means the return of the school year.

Maybe I will finally get back on the bike today. I expect it will be tough after so many days off. My eating is back on track no I am just waiting for the scale to realize that fact. Sigh.

Have a great one all.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning to all! Gonna try to get laundry done today if possible. I'm having beans with chicken for breakfast, yummo! My beans came out well if i do say so myself! Got a doctor's appointment at 5:15 today.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the rainforest with dial-up internet Actually it's a lovely gentle rain that my Mom's gardens love so no complaints from me.

Ruth Hope today holds less fires and a quiet scotch at the end of the day

Cottage - I love the cloth gift bags. Happy Friday

Cat - they let you out early

Karen - Enjoy your bike ride. I haven't been on my bike half as much as I'd like this year with all the darned heat.

Okie - Yum, beans for breakfast always make me feel better all morning

I arrived to good news from both of Dad's appointments this week. I hope that will translate into a better mood for him and less stress for Mom. Today Mom and I will do our usual thrifting It's also garden center sale time so we will look for some good deals on new plants neither of us really need.

Happy Friday friends
Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Ruth, that's sweet of you to make lunch for everyone. I'm sure they appreciate it greatly.

Cat, I finished my list last night. DH is cutting his kids early so I can leave the kids with him. I drove by WM last night and it was an absolute zoo. ugh.

-
gym and storm supply shopping today. whoo. you can really sense my excitement, can't you
Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #8  

Zeffryn, when isn't WM a Zoo?? That place is enough to drive you crazy.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies

Sorry, missing for a few days because our has in repairs.

Ruth - today will be better.

Cottage - What fun a birthday, Tyler must be excited.

Femme - Its almost over.

Karen - the scale will show great results in a couple of days.

Cyndi - glad that your dad got good results. That will make the weekend so much more fun.

Zeff - keep safe.

FO - good luck at the doctor's.

Debbie - Like the saying goes - when it rains it pours. Hoping all works out for your stepdaughter.

me - went to a the Beach Jazz Festival yesterday and for the first time in 20 years I made a picnic. DH had smoked salmon sandwich and I made salmon rolls for myself, with cherry tomatoes and herbed cream cheese and of course some wine served in a coffee mug (its illegal to drink in public) not as civilized as the French. Anyways, had a reminder about Karen when the band played Kansas City here I come and also Cat because there was a young lady standing beside me who was enjoying this particular group so much. At the end I told her that she had her spirit in this one and noticed a tattoo of a fleur de lys on her arm, thought she was from Quebec. She told me she was from New Orleans and this festival was almost as good as the one back home.
have a good one
take care
Sophie
Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #10  
beachin'

argh. i hate walmart. i usually do most of my shopping at little markets and organic shops, but the one thing I need to stock up on right now is water...which means a trip to the big store. It is good for a laugh, though.

I'm baking lots of bread today for storm prep. chances are we won't be without power long, but i don't want to take any chances and I can always freeze it. My house smells amazing. I'm slamming chai tea to avoid polishing off an entire loaf by myself.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Sophie - How funny!

Got on the bike - yahoo! Not without incident though. Hubby is trying to resurrect his 30 year old bike and a lot of repair pre-ride, ended up with a flat tire. And 30 year old pumps don't work! Fortunately it was only 1.5 miles to the car.

Making spaghetti squash pie with black beans today since my turkey pepp was growing fuzz on it.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Zeff et al..
I did get out a bit early and am heading for the store in a bit. Just heard that the worse will be a cat. 1 so I'm not cleaning out my freezer. Luckily I have a gas stove (I insist on a gas stove!). Have most supplies on hand already, just need to pick up some detergent so I make sure everything is washed and of course pick up some liquid detergent in case I have to wash stuff by hand for a couple of days. Doesn't look like it's much to worry about at this point. Need to do some yard pick up though..the light pots, remove glass from wrought iron furniture etc.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #13  
beachin'

Yep. I need to do the same. I have to pull all of our patio furniture in the garage and remove most of the kids' toys from the yard. I also need to remove the swings from the swing set and store them

I did a bunch of laundry this week, so I'm fine there and when I really looked at the pantry this morning realized that I had more than I thought. I do need to make sure I have enough D-Batteries for flashlights, though.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I've lost a pound even with being on my period!
Closed Thread