Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 05:22 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default #182 - Beware the ides of March

"Beware the ides of March."
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Julius Caesar", Act 1 scene 2

It's not quite the ides of March yet but I was reminded how fast time seems to be flying and I'm not losing any weight. My birthday is exactly 3 months away and I do not want to be this weight on May 24th. So, with new resolve, I'm going to do something about it. This morning I did an extra powerful walk and was really excited how much fun I had.

School is going well. It gives me something to look forward to each week. I just wish there wasn't so much homework! Someday I'll quit my job (oh glorious day!) and then, school won't seem nearly as overwhelming.

I went to a Hindu wedding this weekend. Was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen. My friend was the bride and she got to change into three different saris. They were all gorgeous too.

Miss Chris - have you ever read the Warrior's Diet? I saw it at the bookstore this weekend and thought of you!
Old 02-25-2003, 12:02 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Ooh, another Gemini! I hope to be thinner by my birthday too!

After a lost weekend, I have re-dedicated myself to this plan. I WILL be a big loser!!!

The wedding sounds beautiful!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:51 AM   #3  
Jo
Catatonic

Hey! My birthday is 5/24, too! I was hoping to be under 200 by then (when I started last year), but I don't think that's going to happen. I'm hoping I'll be way under 250, though
Old 02-25-2003, 05:12 PM   #4  

Jo, you are still moving along nicely, and you will be way under 250 by then!!!!

Jessica, this is just the motivation that you need. You can loose this weight again. I'm glad that you are enjoying school.

Me, I am in some serious need of some motivation. I was doing so well, and then came November, December, January, and February. Although I didn't start gaining again until this month, I am now back up to 214 . I need to get of my big old butt and do some exercise and QUIT eating whatever I want whenever I want it. I know that I need to do these things, but I just cannot seem to bring myself to do them. I know that sitting there and eating an entire bag oreos is not helping the weight, but I just can't stop eating them, or I think that because I've already eaten half the bag, I might as well just go ahead and finish it. I am completely sabotaging all of the hard work I did last year, and I'm beginning to feel depressed about it again. I know that I can do it, and know that summer is coming and I am so tired of looking like a beached whale.
School is really begining to stress me out as well, not that the work is hard, but because I'm actually almost done and the finish line is so close. I have 2 more classes after this semester and then I student teach. I am really nervous about student teaching and finishing school and that may be what is bringing me to that bag of doritos.

I hope that everyone is doing great!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:57 PM   #5  
Catwoman

Aww Denise,
Don't give up, you've come so far, so close to the one hundreds, you can do it girl. It's easy to slip back that's for sure. You haven't been posting here as much as you normally would and I think you need to get back into it. As hard as starting teaching will be it's only going to be harder if you allow yourself to get heavier. Remember your the one in control not the orieos. Anything is hard to begin with and in a year from now you'll laugh at how nervous you started off.
I slipped up last night myself, had 4 slices of bread and butter after a big dinner and ruined what should of been a 4 point day I was so mad at myself I wasn't even hungry just my mouth was and I only made myself uncomfortably full. Oh well I'm in damage control today and have walked 45mins and gardened for two hours after that. Cant let myself slip up, will have to make sure I eat right today.

Kitty
Old 02-25-2003, 11:37 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Denise...trust me, if you don't get it under control now, it's only going to get worse once you start teaching. My first year of teaching was FILLED with stress (I teach at a horrible school in an even more horrible school district) and I gained FORTY pounds in NINE MONTHS!!!! I didn't teach myself how to cope, and here I am. I've only managed to lose about ten of that forty.

Do whatever you need to do, but do it now. I am living proof.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:19 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Denise.. I hear ya! It's been almost a year for me (started 4/22/02) and I haven't come far at all. Right now I'm trying to do one day at a time. Just get through today - that's it. Is today going to be a good day or a bad day?

I'm a gemini too! (now this board makes sense ) dob 5/27
Old 02-26-2003, 09:54 AM   #8  

Thank you all for your support, and you are all right. Kitty, I have stopped posting as much as I did when I was totally OP, but I think that is partially because I am feeling ashamed of myself for this big slip, and I don't really feel like I can give any good imput, as I'm not OP at all.
Jennelle, I understand what you are saying, and really hope that I can be in control before the school year starts. I've kept telling myself that I won't have the time or energy to eat all of the time, and I'll loose all of the weight I've been putting on. I guess that is just wishful thinking. I hope that your year is going better for you. I know that you were having troubles earlier, and hope that the principle is behaving better.
Everyone, I am sorry about my whining and feeling sorry for myself here. I hope that everyone is having a great day (I'm off to a good start - 1/2 cup applesauce for breakfast). I am going to start journaling again, and I will be posting more often, so get used to my mug!
Old 02-26-2003, 11:03 AM   #9  

Slimdown,
I hear you about one day at a time. I am on my third day on plan and I'm proud of that! There were so many days that I would start out great and fizzle out towards the late afternoon.

Denise, confession is good for the soul! One thing that's great about this board is the accountability. You've 'fessed up and now may be motivated that we are all pulling for you.

This thing is really hard, but WE CAN DO IT!

Angi
Old 02-26-2003, 04:56 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Dana & Jo - My Gemini buds! Of course, they say Geminis are like having two people in one body, of course, that how I explain my weight, this other freaking person is in here!

Today in film class we finished up our class film where I was the center of attention for the last few shots (I was someone's love interest). I can not tell you how absolutely horrible it is to see yourself on camera, especially those side shots when you capture that LOVELY back fat on tape. Forever captured. AGH!

I also finally got my California driver's license. I actually decided to put my REAL weight down as a motivator. It was hard to actually write it down and give it to the DMV girl and worse when I got my license and I was like, "sheesh, now everyone will see it," but I think it will be a source of motivation. I hope anyway.

We've had a cold spell in San Diego. We got some rain and then some more rain and the tempature is only like 60 degrees today and very gusty winds. But at least the sun's out now.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:04 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I'm a Gemini, too! (DOB: 6/14)...That DOES explain a lot of things!
Old 02-27-2003, 04:06 PM   #12  

Jessica, I wish that I could have your courage and be truthful about my weight on liscense. I never could bring myself to put it over 200 (even when I was 275).
Me, I'm doing pretty good. I've now had two days OP and I'm working on my third, but I'm probably going to be eating fast food for dinner, so we'll see how that turns out, but maybe I'll be really good and just eat Burger King's chicken jr. whopper without mayo. I don't think that that is too bad. I'm feeling better about myself, and wanted to thank all of you for your motivation and kind words that have got me back toward my goal. I just weighed myself a little while ago and I now weigh 212.5, that is 1.5 pounds less than I was a coupld of days ago, so maybe I am back on track.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #13  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Denise - it's so nice to see you back!! I hope you feel that ol' groove soon

Jessica - I hate to break this to ya - but 60 degrees and rain is NOT a cold snap - here in Green Bay we call that a HEAT WAVE I miss southern cali so bad at this time of the year. We used to live in Carlsbad - 5 minute walk from the ocean. I found I was out more because of the weather and the culture. Here in WI people just like to eat cheese, brats, drink beer and watch football.

Today I have to send out a big OL THANKS! to Sandi. I've been thinking (for weeks now) about joining the YMCA and today I did it! I met with my trainer tonight and had a great workout. Funny she asked if I could think of any excuses why I would come to the gym (they have child care - so that one was out the door) The only thing I could come up with was laziness My goal is to go 3 times a week - more if I feel like it. but 3 times

So thanks Sandi for telling me (over and over again ) to join. I need this for so many more reasons then just exercise.

Dana
Old 02-28-2003, 09:36 AM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Yah DANA!!!! Good for you girl! Excercise is such an important part of this journey and weight training just rocks!! I wish I could join a gym and really weight train, but my life doesn't allow it right now. I am very happy to have fit curves into my life! It's been great so far. I get weighed and measured on Monday!

I am really begining to realize how much of this journey is just mental. Tomorrow is a free day for me. I've planned tomorrow as a free day and 2 other days in March I will have free "meals" (No sense in ruining the whole day). In my mind, I have been thinking about all the things I will eat (can you say peeps!). Last night I just wanted to eat. Now my TOM may have something to do with the cravings too, but I think I have been just thinking about junk food so much that I wanted it now. Last night all I was thinking was how much I wished today was Saturday so I could pig out. Then I thought, I bet I don't go back on plan on Sunday, I bet I pig out then too. Monday would be OK. I woke up today and put on a piar of jeans and a shirt that I haven't been able to wear since last April...they fit. I took a peek at the scale and amazingly, I was down a little (official report tomorrow!). All of a sudden my mentality changes and not only am I thinking that I'll be back on track on Sunday, but I am thinking that Saturday doesn't need to be a pig out day, just a normal day without restrictions. It's all a mental game. One big roller coaster mental ride. It's sooooo easy to get derailed.

Denise - I am so glad to hear that you are back on track! All it takes some times is a couple of days in the right direction and you can gain your momentum back!! Last year I made a commitment to myself that no matter how I was doing on my weight loss, I would continue to come to 3FC. I had realized that I only came here when I was doing good. So when I started gaining, I kept coming. I know what you mean, sometimes I felt like people must be wondering what I was doing here if I wasn't OP. But every other time I've lost and gained, I gained back everything plus some. This time, I managed to keep 22 lbs off and finally get back on track. I attribute that to all of the wonderful supportive people here. Coming here didn't allow me to "completely forget about it".

Jessicca - What courage you have to put your real weight on your license. For years mine said 1something. This last time I uped to to 235, which was still just a bold face lie!!!!

Jennelle - How's your body for life going?

Kitty - Isn't it wierd how things go sometimes. What makes us eat when we are not hungry and we know it's not helping us towards our goal?

SAPF - How did this week go for you??

Eveyone have a great weekend!! The new challenge starts tomorrow!!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 10:54 AM   #15  

Hey, everyone How's it going?

Dana - Way to go on joining the gym!!! That is awesome! You feel so much better after working out. I love it!

Sandi - I think it is great that you are feeling confident about your "free day" on Saturday. It's just amazing how much progress you've made during the month of February. You are AWESOME!

Jessica - I can't believe your courage! I have NEVER put my true weight on my driver's license. But, when I get to my goal weight, I am going back in to have a new one issued so I can put my real weight on. Plus, I look so different now than the picture on my old one that I constantly get questioned when people card me. It's a pain.

Denise - I hear where you're coming from. I really do. I can't say anything more than what has already been said, but I do want to let you know I'm here for you & I am confident that you can do it. You're a strong woman.

Everyone else, I hope your week has been great!

Me, I'm doing okay. I haven't been doing very well on my program at all lately. I had a lot of changes going on the past couple of weeks, & I haven't been handling it very well. I started a new job, school is insane & is just going to get worse over the next two months (I'll be taking my HR class full-time PLUS another class that starts Monday), the bills just keep piling in (why is when you just start to get ahead with it all, something always comes up?!?! Both dh & my car need to go into the shop. *sigh*). But I know those are just excuses. I've been saying for the past 2 or 3 weeks "Kayla, you need to get back on track" or "Kayla, here's the plan: do x, y, & z everyday" and then I only stick to it for a day or two. I need to get my butt in gear. I've only lost about 2 pounds for the month of February, which I am thankful I at least lost with some of the eating I've been doing!!! But I really, really want to lose these last 40 pounds.

So, I'm setting some goals for myself. I hope you guys can whip back into shape if you see me slipping!

~Lose 5 pounds/month
~Go to the gym or workout 5 days per week (aerobic 5 days plus toning 2 days). On my "off" days, get some sort of light activity (walk the dog, go to the lake, clean, something that requires movement).
~Drink my water every day (100+ oz.)
~Food (now this is the had part!) Eat between 23 & 26 points per day, PLUS 2 activity points every other day.
~Start taking my vitamins again (I always feel better when I take my vits.)
~Check in at 3FC at least once a day (seem to do a lot better when I'm here regularly!)

My goal is to be wearing a size 12 comfortably by July. I think if I really stick to this, I'll be able to do it easily. I have to recommit myself to my lifestyle change now, or before I know it, the scale is going to start creeping right back up. This is about the exact point that I started gaining the last time I lost weight. I REFUSE to do that again!!!!

Okay, sorry this got so long. March is a new month & I AM going to succeed this month!

PS - We have another Gemini here! My birthday is June 8

Last edited by snowball1; 02-28-2003 at 11:33 AM.
Closed Thread