General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default mp3 players... thoughts?

OK... so... my zune just died. It was working PERFECTLY yesterday and last night. Got up this morning... tried to charge it and turn it on... nothing.

After some searching... looks like there isn't much I can do about it. It isn't within warranty.

So... I was thinking of getting a new mp3 player.

I would rather spend around $200 or less.
I want to be able to play videos.
Podcasts for me are a bit of a necessity. I have so many I listen to.
Music is important.
I would prefer at least 50 gb.
I don't NEED games... but they'd be nice.
I'm not buying it for the name.
I don't want something that's TOO clunky. Semi-clunky is fine though. Just not something absolutely huge.

So... thoughts? Ideas? I'm researching on my end... but I would like to know what y'all think.

ETA: by "games"... I just mean like... basic things. Not looking for anything to the extent of the iTouch stuff.

Last edited by Serbrider; 06-16-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #2  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Did you buy your sneakers yet? Just wondering.

PS I have a pink 30g Zune.. Got it on ebaY a few years ago for a little over 100 I think.. Love it, but keep forgetting it at my boyfriend's, so I mostly end up using Pandora on my Blackberry.

Last edited by m3rma1d; 06-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/260/120

Height: 5'4

I was going to suggest another Zune - Walmart.com has an 80gb Zune with a free bonus pack (Car Pack or Home Pack) for $189.00. It does have games on it and its slim.
Honestly, I've had one Zune before this one (The First Generation) and I've had it for 3 years and it works like out of the box. Maybe you received a defective one.
ScarletBloodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Probably too late but I'd recommend the Zen. Any one of 'em. I've had a Zune(well still do) and an iPod and 4 Zens. So many because I just kept upgrading because I love them so much! Plus I've bought them as gifts. They will work with any computer, they're drag and drop, no syncing necessary, one of their best qualities. Aside from the FM and the mic!
Restypines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:55 AM   #5  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Well... I bought a 120gb Zune (used... for $90), and it's screwing with my mind... just went and deleted all my music and videos (I think). And my computer is in the USA... while I'm here in Serbia. Urgh...

The other one is dead dead dead. Kaplut. Gone.

I'm considering Zen. I had one in the past (and it also died on me... theme going here?)... so... I might.

I dunno... I don't feel like shelling out another $100 for something that'll die on me again.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbrider View Post
Well... I bought a 120gb Zune (used... for $90), and it's screwing with my mind... just went and deleted all my music and videos (I think). And my computer is in the USA... while I'm here in Serbia. Urgh...

The other one is dead dead dead. Kaplut. Gone.

I'm considering Zen. I had one in the past (and it also died on me... theme going here?)... so... I might.

I dunno... I don't feel like shelling out another $100 for something that'll die on me again.
I don't blame you but I've had my zen in the car(in the heat), in my pocket, in my purse 99% of the time and it's still going strong.
Restypines is offline   Reply With Quote