Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #1  
It is what it is...

Default Best Tasting Protein Powder

Morning ...I am needing more protein in my diet and need a good recommendation for a protein powder, I am picky about taste...I am wanting a chocolate flavored one...I havent had WLS but I knew this would be the right place to get an idea of the best tasting one's.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!!
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh everyone has opinions, and it's all a personal taste. My best recommendation is to find samples [some shops have them] or buy, try, return as needed.

there are a couple of websitest that'll sell samples [and i can't for the life of me remember a single one!!! if it comes back to me later, i'll post it - but i'm sure someone else remembers it].

i'm a HUGE NECTAR fan - mostly fruit flavors, but also iced tea, and a cappucino. haven't seen chocolate, thought.

for a chocolate one, i liked EAS. icy icy cold, though.

let's see what others come up with. Good luck!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Thanks Jiffypop, I did read online that someone said the best was EAS Myoplex in Chocolate but that is pretty expensive and comes in only packets...I am looking to buy one of those big canisters of it.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

If you really just want to make a choc protein shake-I like to mix vanilla whey or soy protein (I get mine at TJS, not too expensive) and blend it in unsweetend choc almond breeze (only about 45 cal/8 oz). And of course you can add fruit, spinach or celery, other stuff as desired. Yummy! If it's not sweet enough you can always add some stevia or splenda too. I think it's sweet enough though-and I like sweet .. .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #5  

I buy EAS Myoplex 100% Whey Protein in 30 serving canisters in vanilla and chocolate at Target for $19.99.

You can get it in larger canisters online at
EAS Myoplex canister (75 servings)

NOTE: These canisters are not for meal replacement. They are for adding additional protein to your diet.

For meal replacement, look for EAS Myoplex Lite RTD at Target, CVS, Walgreens, just to name a few.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #6  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

I use BodyFortress Chocolate Whey protein every morning! I have a magic bullet (which I LUV) and take about 3 cubes of ice, regular almond milk, about a tbsp of instant coffee and if I have it, a squirt or two of agave nectar!! It is awesome but I also agree that it's all about personal preference. They also have Vanilla and I have seen Cookies and Cream but I prefer to stick to what I know I will like and that's chocolate!

I get mine in the big tub at Walmart. I think it's about $15-$17 and it lasts about a month.
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #7  
It is what it is...

Thanks guys !!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm not a chocolate fanatic, but if you are, Walmart sells a whey protein powder that is "cookies and cream" flavor (don't recall the brand). I gave most of it to my mom and sister because it was too chocolatey for me.

I do, however, LOVE the one I use now - Dymatize brand elite whey protein powder in chocolate mint flavor. I buy it in 5-pound jugs online from places with flat rate shipping (usually netrition.com or vitacost.com).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #9  
It is what it is...

Thanks Everyone, I did go to GNC this week and my dh bought one that he said I would like but I noticed there is artificial sweetener in it which I am trying to avoid ...they do have a Gold Standard brand that is called Natural, and it doesnt have artificial sweetener so I will try that one...right now GNC has most of their protein 50% off ...good deals...

Carri
Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #10  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

Syntrax Nectar DOES sell Chocolate http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm as well as other flavors and unlike many you will buy at places like Walmart etc they dont have crap like taurine in it which is why I gave away all my ultimate whey bottles
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Protein Powder

The best tasting protein powder that I have found is Muscle Milk. I mix it with ice and water and use a blender.
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #12  
It is what it is...

Thanks ...seems to be the only way I really like it is the one's that I can mix with milk ...
Carri
Old 08-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I love the protein powder they sell at Gold's Gym, especially the toffee flavor. You can make a protein shake that tastes just like a Snicker's Bar with that. Love it! And the chocolate flavor is great, too.

I've never paid attention to the name on my containers. I'll have to check. But it is far and away the best that I have had.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 08-02-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
I love the protein powder they sell at Gold's Gym, especially the toffee flavor. You can make a protein shake that tastes just like a Snicker's Bar with that. Love it! And the chocolate flavor is great, too.

I've never paid attention to the name on my containers. I'll have to check. But it is far and away the best that I have had.
A Snickers bar - really? You'll have to let me know how to do that and I'll be all over it!!!
Jenteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #15  
It is what it is...

yeah, me too ....let me know after you check
Carri