Old 07-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise, plans, goals, stuff....week of July 19

Are you looking for a place to have some accountability, put down your menu, exercise goals, other goals or more - then here it is.

Please feel free to join in.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-19-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning gals.....I am up 1.2 today from yesterday- I had one day in the 220's. Now I am 230.6 again. Yesterday's calories were 1757 - but I ate 3 servings of organic tortilla chips with sea salt and my homemade salsa. I didn't exercise and didn't get enough water. So, today I am back on for exercise at the pool as long as it doesn't rain again. My plan is to be under 1700 calories today and get all my water in.

I hope you all have a great day!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Good morning chickies!

My weekend was fabulous. Oldest son surprised me by coming into town for a 3 day weekend visit! The whole family got together and we had a great time catching up. Fun was had by all.

I tried a new vegetable this weekend and fell in love--with spaghetti squash! While everyone else had pasta I indulged in spaghetti squash and it was FABULOUS! I still have quite a bit leftover and I think I will freeze some of it.

Today I will swim laps.

B--oatmeal pancakes, black coffee. 300c

S--tomatoes/LF Laughing Cow cheese 100c

L--Frozen dinner 300c

S--Nuts--170c

Squash/ red sauce--400c

S--Yogurt/fruit--140c

Total--1410c

I hope everyone is having a great day!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all. This is an accountability thread, isn't it? Well, I have to be accountable. I have been awful lately. I am easily taken off plan, have had no willpower, and have been too lazy to workout. You should hear the excuses I have. They are creative if nothing else. So, I have been bad. But here I am, trying to turn it around!

I went to the gym this morning, a little Body Pump to get myself going again. Yes, I'm tired and sore. I have to pay that price!!! It wouldn't be that bad if I had kept consistent all this time. Not a problem. I'm going to Spin tomorrow. I can't have any more excuses.

I'm reworking my breakfast and lunches because I need something different. It's been easy to follow my plan with eating the same thing every day, but at least for this week, I need something different. I think I was getting tired of the same stuff.

Here's to a better week!!

ANewCreation - You know, I love squash, but I don't think I have tried spaghetti squash. How did you fix it?

TXMary - You can get back to the 120's. I know you can! Have a good week with being on plan!!

Hi to everyone else who will be posting later!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, ladies! Hope you are doing well!

TXMary - I'm sure it's just that extra salt causing the slight gain. Don't worry about it & have a great day today with lots of water!

ANewCreation - what a nice surprise to have this weekend! I've long wanted to try spaghetti squash, but have been too scared that I won't prepare it right or something. Feel free to pass on any tips on how you made it, what you ate it with, etc. Thanks

slashnl - good for you for coming back & holding yourself accountable! Stay strong & committed this week - I know you can do it!!!

As for me, having a good day so far - got up & did a 30 minute cardio bootcamp & 30 minutes HIIT on the elliptical for 2.6 miles. I donated blood through the Red Cross for the first time this morning. I'm still feeling a little woozy from that!

This weekend was my first 100% OP weekend that I've had in quite a while. I am so happy with that!! I don't really know what was different. Something just clicked. And the temptation to overeat/binge, while there, wasn't strong. I hope that keeps up, & when it doesn't, I hope my committment & resolve is stronger than the urge to eat!

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, 3 turkey sausage links, 1 banana
Snack - 2 T. hummus with a few baby carrots & cauliflower florets
Lunch - apple, wrap with lean roast beef & tukey, lettuce & tomatoes, light yogurt
Snack - yogurt & Brothers apple fruit crisps
Supper - left over grilled stuff (probably a hot dog & small piece of steak) with lots of veggies

Have a wonderful day, ladies!!

Last edited by mingle; 07-19-2010 at 01:17 PM.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I had a GREAT workout this morning!!! I feel SO good!

I really like spaghetti squash, but I can't remember how to prepare it. Refresh my memory, please?

Tomorrow I won't have a car, so I won't get to the gym, BUT I will either go for a walk or if it is raining I will do a workout dvd.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

There are many spaghetti squash recipes on here--check out the south beach threads (I think) or search it on 3FC. They all sounded good to me and got some rave reviews!

I did as suggested by someone else at 3FC and this works out great--poke several holes in a washed, whole spaghetti squash. Mine was about 5 pounds and I microwaved it for 15 minutes. I then threw a dish towel ove
r it, so it could continue to cook while it cooled down. About an hour later I split it in half, scooped out the seeds (these run down the middle so it's easy to do) and then took a fork and scooped out the flesh. It just falls apart into shreds (hence the name spaghetti squash).

When my family was ready to eat I just put the spaghetti sauce on top of my 2 cups of squash. Don't get me wrong, no one would confuse the squash for pasta. It is 'crunchy' compared to pasta. But, it was delicious! I also put a tablespoon of parmesan, about 8 oz of sauteed mushrooms and zucchini with it. YUMMY! I figured it came in at about 380c.

For lunch I had about 3 cups of the squash (120 c) with 2 laughing cow cheese (LF--70 c) and 1 T light butter (80c). Sprinkled some salt and pepper on it and it was a HUGE amount of delicious satisfying food for about 270c.

I don't think there will be any left for the freezer!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Well I'm back...lol. Gained 33 lbs while I was away... sure comes back a LOT faster than it leaves.

Anyway here is to a new start and better luck being faithful !!!

Today's food

Yogurt
Tuna fish
tea (no sugar)
water

Tuna w/ chopped celery
splash of raspberry vinagrette
ice tea (no sugar)
water

almonds
water

Green beans drizzle of olive oil
2-eggs
water

Yogurt
water
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!

Well, I'm definitely wanting some spaghetti squash now! LOL Sounds good. I did a terrible job with food today. Way too many calories!

I did drink plenty of water today and did 30 minutes of cardio.

Hope everyone is doing well!
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Hope everyone has a great day and stays on point !!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #11  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Good morning everyone!

Anew- I have been asking my husband to grow some spaghetti squash in our garden. I can't wait to try some.

Slash- WTG on getting to the gym

Sunflower- you will get the food in check- remember nothing tastes as good as being fit and healthy feels. Good job on the water and exercise.

mj- congratson your workout.

jab- welcome back!! You can do it!

Yesterday I was on the high end of my calories - 1927 (I am allowed 1940), I exercised at the pool treading water for 25 minutes and then we were rained out. My blood sugar was 99 this morning and also........ I REACHED MY SECOND MINI GOAL of 228 !!!!!!! WOOOOOOT!!!!! I am so excited!! Onederland here I come!! I should definitely be there by Christmas if not Thanksgiving.

Have a great day everyone!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, ladies!

TXMary - congrats on reaching your next milestone!!! Your hardwork & persistance is paying off!

sunflower - keep at it! Good job at getting the water & exercise in - now add food to that focus

jab - Hi Good for you for coming back. Stay committed to yourself - you can do this!

ANewCreation - I am definitely going to try a spaghetti squash now!!!

mj - great job at getting your exercise in!

As for me, got in a decent workout this morning. I did a 40 minute workout called "Rock Hard Body Extreme" with Steve Maresco. It was tough & I'm happy that I made it through. I had to do some of the modified moves, & for some reason that is bumming me out. I know logically that I WILL get there, it just seems like the scale is moving at a snail's pace. Sigh. I just started lovely TOM this morning, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with my Debbie Downer attitude. I just want this weight to come off so much faster than what it is. I've lost an average of 7-8 pounds per month since I started at the end of April, & although I know that is GREAT, I just feel like someone as big as me should be losing more like 10-12 pounds per month.

Anyway, sorry to be such a kill joy. I'll come around & feel better about things, I'm positive. I'm not going to let a down day throw me off track!

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, 3 turkey sausage links, 1 banana
Snack - sliced cucumbers with 2 T. hummus
Lunch - wrap with lean roast beef & turkey, yogurt, apple
Snack - yogurt with Brother's natural apple fruit crisps
Supper - large salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers, light cheese, grilled chicken & 2 T. light dressing, 1 slice of whole wheat bread with 1/2 T. butter
Snack - Weight Watcher's cookies & cream ice cream bar

Have a wonderful, healthy day ladies!

Last edited by mingle; 07-20-2010 at 10:14 AM.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

Rhonda--How is/was Florida?

Schmoodle--How are you doing?

Diane--I know what you mean about eating the same stuff...it's easy, but I get bored...I know you will have a better week!

mingle--GREAT job!!!

ANewCreation--Thanks! I think I did something similiar, except I cut it in 1/2, wrapped in plastic and cooked in the microwave...hmm, it's coming back to me now...it is SOOOOO good!!!

jab--Welcome back!!! You can do this!

sunflower--ok, so not so good w/ food, but great job w/ water and cardio!

TXMary--CONGRATS!!!!!

I am wanting some spaghetti squash too! I'll have to look at the store when I get groceries this week.

So today my car is at the garage for an oil change. Can't get to the gym, SO as soon as hubby dropped me off I threw on my sneakers and went for a looooong walk. My legs were sore from yesterday, but I feel great now! If it isn't raining when my car is done, I'll walk down to the garage to pick it up. (I should have done that this morning to drop it off, but honestly, didn't think of it!) I am really hoping that this week of making sure I work out during vacation gets me back into my 'groove'. It's totally mental...I actually like to workout, it's my "me" time, I know it's important and yet so many times I just don't do it.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Made it to the gym this morning for spin class. It was hard, but I think I’m paying the price for being so lazy last week. I’ll go in for Body Flow tomorrow. It’s really hot here, so any effort is tough! But, I have to keep going this week to get back on track. It is easier when I stay in my zone. I was over on calories yesterday, so I have to be more careful today.

Mingle: Good job on the new workout. Don’t worry about expressing how you feel about the slow progress. You’ll get past that and feel good about it again! Keep plugging along.

AnewCreation: Thanks for the tips on spaghetti squash. I’ll have to get one and try it out.

Hi Jab: Welcome back. I’m glad that you are posting again.

Sunflower: I hear you on too many calories. It’s so easy to slip up! Hope it goes better for you today.

TXMary: Congrats on meeting your goal!! Yay for you!

MJ: Sorry you couldn’t make it to the gym, but it sounds like you made the best of it! Good for you.

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Mingle: You are not a kill joy! You are a great encourager and someone I admire for the hard work you've done so far. Remember we've all learned that taking it off fast does not last!

MJ: You also are to be admired and praised for working out on vacation time. I'm hoping I can do the same next week when my family and I sneak away for a few days before back to school. The place we are going to has a workout room and several pools. I've never ever worked out on a trip. But I'm picking up a momentum with my exercise that I hope will carry over to the trip.

I actually am enjoying my workouts lately too! That is huge for me as I've rarely liked exercise over the years. But since I've gotten started this time I feel so good that I keep wanting to do it! I swear I think it was the hysterectomy that got me jump started as I haven't felt this good in years.
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote