Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Panicking and need some guidance

Ok...so my weight loss has been going REALLY well lately. FINALLY! after so much struggle and difficulty getting into the mindset. seriously, it has been soooo hard starting and falling off the wagon and losing and gaining even more back and starting again....but i have been doing it. been SO good about what i have been putting in my body and exercising...the needle on the scale is FINALLY moving and i'm almost out of the 190s, down 9 lbs in 3 weeks!!! my confidence is returning and i'm finally beginning to feel GOOD about myself again...positive. now heres the bad part...i found out last night that my boyfriend is moving out. he took a job 400 miles away and will be leaving me in 3 weeks granted, he has been out of work for over a year (he is a retired baseball player, so coaching jobs are tough to come by) and he landed a coaching job at a college in another city (i didn't even know he was looking out of the area) he doesn't want to break up, he wants to do the distance thing for a while until he can build a resume, finish his degree (he got drafted his junior year of college and he can finish at the new college he will be coaching at) and he wants to hopefully come back to the area we live in and coach at a university (you can't do that without a degree no matter WHAT your playing history is)...well, you can imagine how incredibly depressed i am. we did the distance thing for 5 years while he was playing, he retired and has been living with me for 2, now we have to go back to that (and we aren't "young", i'm 42 he's 40), and i just dread it. so here is why i am panicking...ALL I WANT TO DO IS EAT!!!! i have no desire to exercise whatsoever, i just want to lay on the couch with a pint of hagen das and a bag of oreos and watch The Golden Girls. please help me with any "mantras" or advice you can give that i can say to myself when i want to reach for the comfort food and make myself a big ol' peanut butter and jelly sandwich. and then...depression set in.........
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I love the Golden Girls! The best show to watch when you are at home! If it were me, I would use the time apart as motivation to "improve" yourself. Think about how great you will feel when you all reunite as a totally new person. it's good that you have done the LD thing before and made it through, I think it wouldn't be a bad thing. It's great that you all have experience. How long does he plan on living out there? Would you ever consider moving? I wish you both the best of luck.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I always tell myself the food won't make me feel better- in fact when it's gone I'll feel worse!

If you are sad then CRY IT OUT! Better to cry than eat IMO.

It's only temporary right? I don't know how far it is but can you guys possible alternate weekends to see each other?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I know that has to be hard. My bf and I did the long distance thing (though the story for us was way different) for over 5 years.

Find other ways to vent that are not unhealthy. Go for a walk/jog. Read the success stories here on 3FC. Come here and post. Give yourself a manicure/pedicure (or have it done professionally if you can afford it, I can't so ). Work a puzzle. Do anything that will keep you away from the food (well, away from food when you are not hungry and the such since you do need to eat still ) and if you feel sad and you need to cry, like beerab stated above, it is better to cry than eat.

Hang in there and don't give up on yourself. As guamvixen suggested, use this time as a motivator to improve yourself.

Good luck

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-19-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

You could use this thread as motivation!

My husband is in the military and we've spent lots of time apart, too, so I know how hard it can be. Remember that exercise is an awesome way to relieve stress, sadness, etc.

And a good quote to remember: "If hunger is not the problem, food is not the solution!"

thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all so much for the help and support. Distance from someone you love is never easy! Hopefully it will only be for a year...two at the most...then either he will come back or if it's a solid job, i can go there. And you guys are right...that is actually a GREAT time for me to take advantage of the "me time" and get off that plane looking FABULOUS. *sigh* i have a feeling this is going to be a looooong road ahead! THANK YOU!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

You can do this! You deserve it!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote