Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #1  

Default I just want it off already! Help!

I need to lose around 70lbs. I'm 5 foot 2, and 200lbs, and I've been doing slim in 6, but is this the right workout to tackle that much weight loss? I'm not expecting to lose it all in 6 weeks, of course. But does anyone have any suggestions? I've been reading all of your "success" stories for Slim in 6, but I think that working out everyday for 48+ minutes for 6 weeks, and only losing 10lbs, is a rip off. The most I read was 30lbs. Everything else was like 6lbs, 10lbs, etc.

Also, how do I get one of those cute little weight loss counters on my signature?
Snail Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have no clue what Slim in 6 even is, sorry. I am a calorie counter and I do workout DVDs and the treadmill at home

As for the ticker, you need to be a member 20 days and have 20 posts to put a ticker in your signature.

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-19-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #3  

Haha, I JUST realized that.

And yeah workout DVDs are good. I used to just do my own routine, but it's easier to slack off that way.

I may just alternate jillians 30 day shred and slim in 6. I was doing jillian's for awhile, until I hurt my back from the jumping jack portions.

Le sigh. This is all so hard and frustrating. I have no issue exercising and eating right. I just never feel like it'll work.

I want this to be a sure thing. I'm only 20 years old I'm tired of wearing jeans all year round and not being able to wear a tank top or anything with straps instead of sleeves. I want to walk out of the house and feel good, not like everyone is looking at me. I don't want to look away when I see my reflection in a window, in public.

This makes me feel absolutely terrible.

My husband has never seen me naked!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

I think the main thing is being consistent with working out. I am not sure what the slim in 6 does. I have been trying to work out 5 days a week and I have noticed since I started that while I have not lost as much weight as I had I hoped, I have lost more inches and my cloths are looser
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #5  

Slim in 6 is a work out that features a couple different phases. All beginning, relatively easy. You do the first (easy) phase for a week or so, or until you've mastered it. Then the difficulties keep going up and up every week. The first one is 26 minutes, the second one is 48, and so on and so on, featuring different exercises and what not. All designed to slim you down in 6 weeks. I enjoy it a lot, it's consistent and isn't too insane. I mean, you sweat a lot, and you're sore afterwards, everything is swell. I just don't know...I'm insecure and I think too much.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I can totally relate..well, except I am not 20 I have lost 160 pounds (almost) and I still don't wear sleeveless tops or shorts and no way, no how does my bf ever see me in the nude . I don't even like seeing me in the nude .

As for DVDs, well, I have a few I rotate through:

Jillian Michaels - 30DS, Cardio Kickbox, Yoga Meltdown, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

The Biggest Loser - Last Chance Workout and Weight Loss Yoga

Then like I said, I also do 2-3 miles 5-6 days a week on the treadmill.

I know it all can seem daunting at times and maybe even useless but patience is a virtue and I am the most impatient in the world (according to my boyfriend ).
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #7  

I just need to get on a routine instead of having everything up in the air. Once it becomes routine, it's not stressful, it's just a regular day.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

You're probably not going to lose the weight as easily as suddenly as you want, and for me that was the biggest part of getting discouraged. But with hard work and dedication it WILL come off.

I've lost 80lbs now and do a high intensity work outs 5 days a week and since starting that about three months ago [this is my fourth month] I've lost about 35lbs.

Good luck in reaching your goals, you CAN do it.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #9  

Can anyone give me some tips? I so badly need a routine and something that works.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i think it's great that you've started working out. my biggest tip is to really focus on what you're eating and get a good calorie counting account. Many people have mentioned how diet is about 80% and working out is 20% of losing weight. I'm the same height as you, and i was around 20 lbs heavier, and got to this weight in about 4 1/2- 5 months, so if you put in a lot of effort, it's possible to have dramatic weight loss (especially in the beginning). Also interval training is great, and i got into running which i feel has really helped me shed pounds.

Last edited by therex; 07-20-2010 at 12:01 AM.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #11  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I don't have any specific suggestions for a routine for you, only you can decide what works for you and what you will enjoy and continue long term. I can tell you that for maximum results you'll want something that combines cardio and strength training. A word of caution, don't get too hung up on the time frame. Weight loss is a long process and you have to stay patient through the ups and downs and just stick with it. I know your anxious lose it, but the most successful losers do it slow and steady. Good luck!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
How is this possible??

^ Dim lights...shirts....lots of privacy...

- I need to do this for the both of us, for real. He doesn't complain about my weight, he compliments me every single day and is completely supportive, but I believe it will improve our relationship if I do it.

Also, I know weight loss is a huge patience game, and I know that. I am just afraid of wasting time and doing something for so long that may not even be working.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #13  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Most of the people here on 3FC who have lost a lot of weight have one thing in common: they tackled weight loss on every level: followed a diet and exercise program that worked with their lifestyle and did the mental and emotional work that enabled them to keep going during the tough times.
There is a wealth of great advice and information on this site and I hope you will be able to commit yourself to working on this for the long haul. It won't be easy but it is doable and so very rewarding. Good luck and I will be looking for your posts!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #14  

You're all right. Every last one of you. Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. I fell off the wagon all week last week because of a recent family death, and we had to deal with the funeral and arrangements, and I told myself I'd get back on track on Monday, and I did. So here goes to staying on track and making good decisions. Tomorrow WILL be a good day and I WILL exercise and make good eating decisions.

How 'bout yesterday, my husband (who is 31 years old, 5 foot 11, and 140 pounds, and NEVER has to watch what he eats) calls me on his way home from work and says "What do you want for dinner? Burger King or Wendy's?" my response: "I don't feel like having a heart attack anytime soon" his response "How 'bout Subway?" - Haha, so yes, I made the better decision. Go me.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Hey! what ive done is start one step at a time!!!

So what i started with was my eating. Changed that. Started walking 6 times a week about 4 km, no set time. Just got my buns out there and walked Then i added 5 times a week 20 mins on the elliptical Or i alternated 6 days a week, walk one day go on elliptical the next Then i started to add things in and try and change it up

So really i try and do something 6 times sometimes 7 times a week

But start slow, if you dont work out at all, add maybe 2 days week and get used to the idea of working out I always need change so alternating what i did every day helps
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote