Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #1  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Default Hellpp Binge Crazed!!!

I can't stop eating. I think it's pms but it seems too soon... AHHH I need so grow some self control. How do you resist?
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #2  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

oh, i know how that can be. i feel your pain.

look at all of the progress you have made, congrats on that! to resist, maybe try to remind yourself of all the hard work you've done to get where you are, and that you don't want to undo that. try eating protien and lots of veggies, plenty of fiber, lots of water, sugar free mints or gum. you can get back on track!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/135/120

Height: 5'2"

Try binging on raw fruits and veggies with tons of water. I also really love Lipton diet green tea. Good Luck!!! We've all been there
applelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #4  

True, you have come so far, you know that you can do it, so don't get sidetracked now. Grab a big bottle of water and go for a walk. Do anything. Just get moving and get your mind off of the food.

Or just start reading here. Read the success stories. Know that soon you will be posting your there too. You know that the more you eat, the worse you will feel tomorrow. Stay strong!!
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #5  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

1. Eat something very high in protein and/or fat; that takes the bingey monster away for me (nuts work well)

or

2. Do something incompatible with eating..like taking a bath, going for a walk, play a video game, knit..anything to keep your mind and hands busy.

Good luck!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #6  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Whenever I feel hungry at night, I chew a piece of gum (or two). This helps me to not want to eat. Or, I start playing a game on the Internet to take my mind off of it.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

You just have to STOP now.
Every day you binge is a day farther from goal.
Do you want to be at the losing stage forever?
You'll feel like **** an hour from now.
You just bought a new pair of pants that will be to tight if you keep it up.
Do you really want to face all your friends/family after gaining weight again??

These are some of the things I tell myself every single time I'm tempted to start shoveling it in. The biggie is the facing friends fat again. I never want to walk into a room again and have everyone whisper about how big I have gotten. NEVER!

Get a grip and step away from the kitchen! You've come too far to blame a binge on PMS.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-19-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I use to have some serious issues with binging but once I decided to get on track and start counting I haven't seemed to have any big issues with it. There are a few things I do when I get the urge to over eat. Drink a ton of water or tea or black coffee, I chew/suck on ice cubes, I throw all the energy into exercising, but most often I will admit I smoke a cigarette. It is a nasty habit and I wouldn't recommend picking it up.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Thank you Lori, I know I'm not the OP but I so needed to see those words right now. I'm stuck in bed for a few days with an ankle injury and the combination of boredom, lack of physical activity to keep my mind off food, and the whole "I can't work out anyway, poor me, might as well eat" voice is slowly getting to me! I won't let it, though!!

I LOVE tough love when I'm having a pity party lol! I wish I had someone to just b**** at me at times like this!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote