Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Smile Just need a little bit of "you-can-do-it!"

Hey lovely people,

I had this awesome goal a couple of years ago. I made it .. not even halfway I don't think, but I still had like.. a few months of dedicated exercise and healthy eating.

Then life got in the way. And I suppose I got lazy. And what sickens me most is that the only thing I've done that even resembles exercise in the last 6 months or more is the odd go on Wii fit.

Last night I played boxing on Wii fit with my boyfriend. One game of it only. And my arm and back muscles are sore. It's so annoying to realise that not only have a started gaining back weight, I've also lost some of the fitness I worked so hard at achieving.

I know this is a long and possibly slightly whiny post, but tonight, after work, I'm going to start again. I am going to exercise for 30 minutes at least. And I'm going to do it tomorrow. And I intend to do it every week day for 30 mins. And then I want to work up to doing longer than 30 minutes.

I know I only put on about 3-5 kilograms, but I am still annoyed because I wasn't even close to my goal before I stopped working towards it.

Basically, just want someone to tell me that it's not as hard as I think it's going to be! I loathe exercise. I know that once I get into a routine I might start to think that I like it, but I know that underneath it, I hate it. If I didn't hate it, I wouldn't dread doing it.

All you ladies (and guys) who are doing this for real - I am so awestruck that you can just do it. Now I really want to do it to.

Sorry for the whine!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #2  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

you can do it! the good news is that you didn't gain it all back. and you sound like you really want it and are ready to do it. you have a good plan in mind for starting and building an exercise program. add to that a plan for a way of eating, whichever plan you prefer, and you are on your way. hang in there and good luck!

Last edited by skygirl; 07-19-2010 at 12:24 AM.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #3  

Thanks so much skygirl. I am one of those people that hates asking for help or asking for a bit of a boost or something, but I felt like a just needed some reassurance that it's not all in vain! I'm looking through the goal and mini-goal photo albums and posts to get inspired.
The food is going to be the hardest part I think. I don't think I can go back to calorie counting as severely as I did last time - weighing every meal almost overtook my life. But have to make the effort!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 AM   #4  
Muscle Memory

you're welcome rainbowstripe! i can totally relate, i have a hard time asking for help sometimes too.

your idea of looking at the goal and mini-goal section for motivation is a great idea, too. that can be very inspiring. i'm sure you'll do great!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:36 AM   #5  

I stumbled across yours of course! You look amazing, though I'm not sure how long ago you posted that - either way, good job. Thanks for inspiring me and being so kind!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #6  
Muscle Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post
Thanks for being so kind!
you're welcome! but i think you may have seen someone else's pics. i have posted any pics yet.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 AM   #7  

Oh sorry! Someone with a very similar screen name to yours. Apologies!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #8  
Muscle Memory

no worries! there are so many people here and so many names that are sometimes similar, it can get confusing sometimes.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

You CAN do it! The hard part is actually doing it. It's not easy, It's not. But it does get easier. But you can do it. In losing weight 20% is exercise, and 80% is what you eat. Start a diet plan, incorporate exercise and you're there.

The best advice is to start a diet plan or calorie count and be militant about it. Measure food, write everything down. be accountable. If you want it, you can get there. You're the one in control of this!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:07 AM   #10  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Rainbow....you can do anything you set your mind to....the only limitations out there are the ones you decide on. If you stumble & fall in the process...no big deal...just get up & brush your knees off & continue trucking on. You can do it!! Best wishes!!
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #11  

Shytowngal: Eating. The hardest part I swear. My main worry at the moment is how to make the changes. I try to just think healthier or think moderation. I can't do a "NO" diet - the type of diet where I have to say no to things all the time. I also don't think I can do calorie counting again unfortunately. I did 4 whole months (may not seem like a lot) of obsessive calorie counting and measuring/weighing all my meals and portions. And I can't go back to it. I know I can't. It felt like it took over my life and as much as I appreciate that it worked, I also realise that I need something that is going to work for me long term. Thanks for the advice!

MissKelly: Thank you! I am aiming not to stumble for at least a couple of weeks Haha. No seriously, thank you. I want to do this for myself. I hate feeling like "I'm attractive, BUT". You know? Like. I'm attractive BUT I have a big tummy and thighs. I'm attractive BUT I can't wear the clothes I want. No more. Today is the day of change!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #12  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

You might like the books by Judith Beck that use Cognitive Behavioral Techniques to help you stick to your plan. The Beck Diet Solution doesn't have a diet in it, but does help you choose one. The Complete Beck Diet for Life has a diet that's kind of an exchange plan with an awareness of calories built into it. I'm doing that diet now and like it. I've always preferred exchange plans over calorie counting as being a bit easier for me to deal with.

If you read and like one of those books, we have an active support thread on 3FC for people who are following Beck techniques.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #13  

Hey gardenerjoy, thanks for the tip - I might have to have a look if I can pick one up cheaply on Amazon or something - I somehow doubt they'll have them in most bookstores in New Zealand. But I'll have a look anyway.

Pretty low on money and reliant on others who cook most of my meals so it could perhaps be more of a challenge.