Old 07-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

Default Please someone help me

okay I started out 330 pounds..I was really working at it, hitting the gym at like 5a.m. everymorning this and that, eating right.I was well on my way. I went down to 247-250 me and my husband split up, we got back together and BAM!! here comes the weight gain. Uhh someone please help. We got back together in APril and as of now I have gained well about 20 pounds thats what the scale says. 20 POUNDS!!! in 3 months uhhh I am eating out of control havent went to the gym and even picked pop back up. Please someone can you just help get me back on track this is a desperate cry for HELP!!!
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #2  
Zoë's Mommy

S/C/G: 300.2/295.8/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm with you girl. I end up drinking Mt. Dew when I live with someone else. I had a boyfriend for awhile last year that I got into drinking soda, pop, I used to call it that too Its there and I drink. I have managed to stick to one a day. I know one a day can fit in the calories as I had a Coke almost everyday when I was very successful with WW(can't afford meetings and online or self doesn't work for me).

I gained weight with my hubby too(also split got together again but split again for good). Myself I prefer simple foods and lots of raw veggies but when I end up cooking meals I eat more and struggle with having separate meals. I know my portions get to large when I'm living with a man. It happened again when I had to come live with my brother.

I gained 10 lbs I think since last month and I hate it. I'm getting close to the 300 mark and that makes me sick.

So i can definitely use some buddies too.
Zoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #3  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

GIRL!!!! GET ON IT!!!! U can do this. U've come so far and u don't want to backtrack cos we all know how hard it is to lose weight but so easy to gain it. U have the willpower, u just need to start over again. Don't give up!!! I say go to the gym asap cos once u get there everything will fall into place. U're gonna want to start to eat healthy again. U will feel so much better. The more u lose the better ur body feels and more importantly u feel better about yourself. I believe u can do it. SO HOP ON IT GIRL!!!!!
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #4  

I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time. Why is it harder when you're with him? Is it because of the food in the house, or because of the emotional issues? We all know how VERY much our emotions can play into our eating, and it's twice as hard to focus on being healthy when you're in an emotionally volatile situation.... but you CAN do it.

Take one day at a time. Make it about becoming healthier and stronger. Make smarter choices. If getting up at 5 am to work out isn't working for you, then find another time of the day to work it in. Or maybe the two of you could go for walks together.

What kind of eating plan are you following? Is it something he can or will do with you?

Come here often. When you're feeling emotional and you want to eat, come here and post. Post often and let us know how you're doing. You're not alone, and we want to help you in any way we can.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #5  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I agree with mthrgoose. POST OFTEN! I find myself eating a lot just because I'm bored to stressed. Get on the keyboard and keep your hands busy. Was your husband supportive of your weight loss efforts before you split up, if so, ask him to help encourage you again. I hope everything gets better for you!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

I'm just going to give you a kick in the rear LOL - you have to decide to STOP! Obviously with your success before, you know what will work. Give up soda again, and get moving! I agree with what someone else said - come here a lot. I know when I am feeling tempted I get on here and read - read anything, success stories, anything to remind me that what I am craving is not going to get me where I want to be.

I wish you the best of luck!!
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Yup, post, check, read, just get on here and read all of the motivational stories and all the goal success stories! It helps me a lot. I actually logged on tonight because there's some leftovers from our bbq tonight which are calling my name, it is so not worth it though! We can do it!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh sweetie, this is something you have to do for yourself. No once else can do it for you. Which is a good thing actually. No relying on anyone but number one - you- for something so vital.

In fact, I remember thinking to myself at one point - I was the one who got me into the mess and I was the only one that can get me out.

You don't have to be fat if you don't want to be. It's up to you. You DO have the power to control this. It is your choice to keep on eating the foods which are obviously making you miserable, just as it's got to be your choice to STOP eating these foods.

People ask me all the time how I lost 165 pounds and I tell them very simply that I decided to. I DECIDED to lose the weight. I made the decision, the commitment and therefore I was WILLING to do what's necessary.

Make that decision. Stop settling for an inferior existence. Require more from yourself. Decide to do this once and for all, no matter what and permanently.

Don't dread the changes that must occur - but look forward to them, get excited about them and embrace them.

You have the ability to lose the weight. You can do this. You are capable of it. Give yourself one perfectly on plan day. One. You can do that. Then repeat it. One step at a time. One foot in front of the other. Keep on going - and you'll get there.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

My thought is that you have to rid your system of all the junk that's keeping you addicted to crap. Do you remember how long it took you to get into the groove of things the first time around? For me, if I cut out sugar and salt cold turkey, I go through three days of agony and then it's fairly smooth sailing. When I decided to go the calorie counting route, it was more like three weeks. In any case, I know if I just grit my teeth and bear it, the time passes regardless and I come out of it with a healthy eating plan with very little effort on my part.

The soda's got to go. I'm eight months clean of it myself.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #10  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Everyone has made great comments. You absolutely can do this.

One thing that is working for me is to try to mentally separate myself from others around me when it comes to food. In other words, no matter what is going on in my environment, my food choices belong only to me. If there is food at work or at home that does not fit into my weight loss plan, I tell myself that the food belongs to others and not me - and that I have other, better choices. If I don't do this type of mental exercise, I will gain more weight and continue to jeopardize my health.

Continue with positive, loving self talk. Be patient and kind to yourself. We are cheering you on!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote