View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #14
fittermom123
Being a fitter Mom daily

S/C/G: 265/261/123

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Tracy Anderson DVDs

Hi there,

I have just procured 2 of her DVDs (Mat Workout and Series 1 of her new series). I have a lot of weight to lose, and I have to say that I have lost a lot of the functional flexibility I used to have in working out. I feel that both of these workouts are VERY beneficial in waking up those muscles that used to be active all the time but have fallen by the wayside as my larger weight-bearing muscles have gotten really bulky to support my very large frame these past 10 years.

I'm doing the Chalene Extreme series (very heavy weights) in combination with walking and Tracy Anderson to get a well-rounded fitness program. As for all of the comments about her thinking that women shouldn't raise more than 3lbs in each hand... well, she does really fast repetitions, which means that she has to use very small weights - this is her method. Chalene is always commenting that she uses big weights because she is moving so slowly. I'm not sure that there is a really as a big a division in thinking on this - it really comes down to what works for each of us, yes? And I have to say that I'm really enjoying these workouts as an addition to my other fitness activities.

Best,

fittermom123 is offline   Reply With Quote