View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #14
fashinjunkie09
Keegan's Momma

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
Same. I think part of this came from the fact that I was a big kid even before I was a fat kid, which seemed the same in my mind. I thought I was always fat. In my late teens my mom had to pull out the photo album to SHOW me that I was not fat until age 8. But I remember thinking I was fat even before kindergarten. But I was just bigger/taller than the other kids, an early grower.
Wow, this really hit home for me. One of my earliest childhood memories is being in daycare and having the same name as one of the other girls, so she was dubbed "little Ashley" and I was "big Ashlee". It was only because I was taller but like you said, big equaled fat in my mind. I also remember being told by a boy when I was in third grade "you have a big butt!" (I'm pear-shaped and I guess I've always been lol).

I've never been obese, just overweight, but I've been bigger all my life. My mom is very small and petite and my dad is very tall and big boned. I am average height, but my mom always tells me I take after my dad in the big bones area. Part of me thinks she is right, but the other part wonders if maybe there's not smaller bones under this layer of fat. Only time will tell I guess, but I'd like to show people (mostly my mom's side of the family) that I can be thin too.

Mini Goals:
#1- 189/out of the 190's (met 3/8/14)
#2- 179/overweight BMI (met ?)
#3- 168/pre-pregnancy weight (met ?)
#4- 156/highschool weight (met ?)
#5- 149/healthy BMI (met ?)

Last edited by fashinjunkie09 : 07-17-2010 at 07:23 PM.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote