Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #1  
Running With Scissors

S/C/G: 178/175/150

Height: 5'3

Default Had a lapse in WW

Having a really hard time starting it up again. And while i'm hitting the gym more I'm still unable to stick to WW. Help!! I need some motivation!
indiegrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #2  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi indiegrix,

I've certainly been there. I think about losing weight every single day, but often cannot follow through on it. That's not something I'm proud of.

When I've been successful, it's been because I put weight loss first and made a total commitment. Otherwise I start in because I know I must -- I'm MUCH MUCH MUCH heavier than you are -- but am too easily distracted by bad days and disrupted plans.

If you can get yourself to the gym, that's a very positive step. You know you'll do better when you rope in the eating too.

I'd love to hear from others about how you got back on track.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

for a while I my friend and I who had done WW together in the past would email each other the points we would eat and if we worked out or not just. Which help me
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I take eating one day at a time. I struggle with emotional/anxiety eating. I really am trying to focus only THAT day only. Going to the gym is a great step forward. Take baby steps! One thing at a time. Don't beat yourself up for one bad day. Tomorrow is a new day!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #5  
Tex
Time to do this.

S/C/G: 452/362/175

Height: 5'7"

I also try to just take it one day at a time. Considering the amount of weight I have to lose, I had to stop looking at 'the big picture' (no pun intended) and start focusing on smaller goals. The meetings have really helped me because they make me accountable and since I don't have a scale at home, I'm motivated to go each week to see my progress.

Good luck to you!
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/200

Height: 5'8"

Do you attend the meetings or do it alone? I think the meetings are essential. Look to achieve the smaller goals, like losing 5 pounds. Then 5 more pounds. Also make sure you're eating your WPA. I think it makes it a lot easier that way.
wwmandy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255.8/193.2/Unknown

Height: 5' 2"

i agree. take it one day at a time. if you slip, don't wait until the next day to jump back on the bandwagon. it only allows you to eat more of what you shouldn't.

the buddy system works great. find someone who is on ww and text or e-mail your daily food journal. be honest. it helps me because i don't want someone to see that i shoved a whole pizza down my throat! ha

i have a picture of me at my heaviest that i carry in my purse. i have it posted on my fridge and freezer. this helps me when i want to grab food for no reason.

i do think meetings help. stay even when you don't feel like it.

we know you can do this. good luck!
sawyouwearingflares is offline   Reply With Quote