View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #77
inkdiva
Inkdiva

S/C/G: 235/235/180

Height: 5'6"

Okay, just subscribed to this forum. 3FC is great in general, but this forum is like finding a treasure within a treasure. I live in Montana which is just about as rural and conservative as you can get, so of course I never fit in. Didn't grow my courage or own my personality until college and was too poor to afford any goth wear. Besides, I would just have been a dabbler anyway, it looks cool but I'm not wired for depression or anger. I'm one of those annoyingly cheerful morning people. Wasted my youth in feeling self-conscious and overweight, and am ironically now trying to return to that weight. I'm pretty tame by most alternachick standards, I'm straight and monogomous, but agree that guys probably aren't wired for it, so I guess I'm screwed. Only without being screwed, if you know what I mean. I'm pretty much divorced, just need to file the paperwork, and am the mother of two girls, 2 and 4. What's alternachick about me would be that I not only have tattoos, but I do tattoos. Oh yeah, and I'm a full-time middle school English teacher. So that whole blend in with the majority and express yourself on your own time, yeah that's me too. Since I already have tattoos, let's see- I'll count them for you, 14. I used to have more, but some of them connected and now they only count as one I decided to do something else for myself for my planned mid-life crisis. I'm shooting for at least 80 years old, so that makes mid-life 40 and it's coming up quick. I'm going to get myself a motorcycle, and complete my half-sleeves for my 40th. I listen to any music that matches my mood from elevator music to heavy metal. I'm a child of the 80's, so I dont' dig much rap and screamer -I- hate -my -mom music doesn't do it for me either. (exception: Disturbed, they are awesome but that dude has issues. He needs Dr. Drew) Not that I begrudge anyone who does like any form of music, music is expression. I'm thinking of taking belly-dancing lessons with my best friend, and I know I'll do it, but I'm pretty uncoordinated and have no sense of rythm, so it should be interesting. That's me in a nutshell, I guess. "Help, I'm in a nutshell. Somebody get me out. What kind of nut has a shell this big anyway?" My avatar is Inkkitty. She's cute, right? She has my tattoos and nose ring, but has obviously had some work done. I'll post real pics when I make some real progress. Till then- it's great to get started on this journey with some like-minded peoples. Sorry for the smiley overload.
inkdiva is offline   Reply With Quote