View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #92
MzThang

S/C/G: 190/190/135

Height: 5'6"

Default tis tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrooke View Post
I'm really glad I found this thread. I don't know anyone else with a prolactinoma, so it's hard finding someone to voice my frustrations to. I was diagnosed in Jan '09 with a prolactin level of 242 and was started on Parlodel, 2.5mg once a day. After 6 months of torture on that medication (it made me soooo sick!), my prolactin levels increased!!! Almost to 300!! My medication was increased to 2 times a day, which has lead to me breaking the pills in half and taking it 4 times a day so I don't get as sick. It's amazing that they say it doesn't relate to weight gain. Before I was diagnosed, my periods had stopped in July '08 and by September I had gained 20 lbs. I've always been in shape and was still running at least 2 miles a day then...so why else would I have gained that weight? My levels have come down a little but are still lingering around 200 now and I am now experiencing this constant fatigue! Does anyone else have that? I mean, I can wash dishes for 5 minutes and have to go sit down. It is unruly. I'd like to talk to people from this thread because this tumor is frustrating and it really pisses me off that it's still causing chaos in my body and no one I know can understand.
Yup i agree.. like humm everyone seems to gain weight.. so how can it not relate?!!! Wow.. really!!! It's annoying when the Dr.s' dont listen or pay attention to the weight. I've never heard of the meds your on. My levels went up 20 in less than a week... I hope they have gone down now that i'm on the cabergoline. However, I KNOW my weight hasnt.

I'm not as tired as i used to be. I used to just wanna sit there. I'm thinking of calling my insurance and seeing if a nutritionist is covered. I'm sure they cover it for diabetics....why not this?.....oh wait cause 75% say it's not due to prolatinoma?
MzThang is offline   Reply With Quote