Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Two foot-related NSVs

1. I still have this huge desire to walk, and today did a one hour plus round trip to return a very heavy laptop+projector to my diocesan office. I stuffed them into my little old lady shopping trolley, even although the weather forecast was poor and I could have driven there and back in under 20 minutes. I wish I'd weighed the equipment first, because I bet it weighed less than I've lost his past 50 days. The thought spurred me on, as I dragged it up and down the hills of this city. Isn't it strange how the roads seem flat in a car, and only when we walk do they crank the gradients up a bit?

2. I bought a pair of high-heeled shoes! They're only 3" but I haven't worn higher than 3/4" for YEARS, so I've decided to try and train myself to them, for 'posh' occasions. Wow, they're hard work! I had to hang onto the furniture! (They're narrow heels, as well as high-for-me.) I might never get used to them but they were only £5 from ebay, and that included the postage! It's a sign that I'm feeling happier about myself though, that I'm looking at fashion and so on, you know, like a normal person!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Nice
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post

2. I bought a pair of high-heeled shoes! They're only 3" but I haven't worn higher than 3/4" for YEARS, so I've decided to try and train myself to them, for 'posh' occasions. Wow, they're hard work! I had to hang onto the furniture! (They're narrow heels, as well as high-for-me.) I might never get used to them but they were only £5 from ebay, and that included the postage! It's a sign that I'm feeling happier about myself though, that I'm looking at fashion and so on, you know, like a normal person!
Me too! I went shoe shopping with the intention of upgrading my usual flats and trainers to a pair of dress shoes with 1-1/2 inch heels and somehow came home with a pair of black patent "bad girl" shoes with 3 inch heels that I'm having to practice in before a public debut.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I bought my first heels for the Fourth of July!! It's also our anniversary. And I say "first" I mean FIRST! LOL! I don't know how big the heel is but it's really, really high and boy are they hard to walk in!

I'm so proud of you for feeling good enough about yourself that you're willing to try this! Good for you!

And I love the walking! I am in love with walking and biking at the moment and I will walk/bike anywhere I can! I still feel safer on foot where I live, but I'm finding places to bike. DH and I are going to bike 5 miles round trip for ice cream tonight.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Way to go! Both are great NSV & fabulous signs that you are feeling so great about yourself!!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote