Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #1  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Smile New from Missouri. Needing Support.........

Hi,

Today is my 1st day here to 3FC. I have been browsing for a few days but decided that I just needed to jump in here. I am a 49 year old wife, mother and grandmother and I have been battling with my weight since I was a child.

3 years ago I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and Hypothyroidism and was at my highest weight ever (besides pregnancy). I was told to lose weight and watch my diet. I saw a dietitian and was told what I needed to eat. In the beginning I lost about 30 lbs but have gradually put back on 20 of it. I go for awhile and do really good and then fall off of the wagon again.

My doctor told me the last time I was to see her (3months ago) that if I did not do better she was going to have to increase or change my diabetic meds. Well you would think that would give me a kick start but it didn't. Again I have started on June 28th with eating right (keeping a food diary) and exercising. Usually I end up getting sick and quitting the exercise but so far so good. I am looking for some buddies in being held accountable to myself for this. To me it is not a diet but a new way of life. The problem is that I like to eat. So it is a daily battle for me.

I am started out with my treadmill with 30 min a day and a break every 4 days and now I'm currently doing Leslie Sansone video's that are kicking my butt. But it will get better (no pun intended).

Looking forward to meeting some new friends..........
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #3  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

welcome! and congrats on the work you've been doing with the food diary and walking! this is a good place to get info and support of your journey. i think there are sections that might address the challenges dealing with health issues, etc., (i think it's called dieting with obstacles) that might be helpful, in additon to more general topics. good luck!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #4  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome and glad you are here, I started my healthier eating quest the day after you started yours and today is my first day at the gym. Let us know how you are doing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bfit4me View Post
Hi,

Today is my 1st day here to 3FC. I have been browsing for a few days but decided that I just needed to jump in here. I am a 49 year old wife, mother and grandmother and I have been battling with my weight since I was a child.

3 years ago I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and Hypothyroidism and was at my highest weight ever (besides pregnancy). I was told to lose weight and watch my diet. I saw a dietitian and was told what I needed to eat. In the beginning I lost about 30 lbs but have gradually put back on 20 of it. I go for awhile and do really good and then fall off of the wagon again.

My doctor told me the last time I was to see her (3months ago) that if I did not do better she was going to have to increase or change my diabetic meds. Well you would think that would give me a kick start but it didn't. Again I have started on June 28th with eating right (keeping a food diary) and exercising. Usually I end up getting sick and quitting the exercise but so far so good. I am looking for some buddies in being held accountable to myself for this. To me it is not a diet but a new way of life. The problem is that I like to eat. So it is a daily battle for me.

I am started out with my treadmill with 30 min a day and a break every 4 days and now I'm currently doing Leslie Sansone video's that are kicking my butt. But it will get better (no pun intended).

Looking forward to meeting some new friends..........
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

*waves from MO*

I think it is a daily battle for most of us. If you are ready then you will succeed!
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #6  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote