Old 07-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: July 12 - July 18

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I can't stay right now to catch up because I've got a ton of errands to run.

Notice anything different about me?!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  

FIFTY POUNDS

Congratulations, Vickie!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tejas; 07-12-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I am smiling all over I'm so happy for you. You're the man!!

Nancy, December 2000-March 2001, Curtis had 2 shoulder replacements and 1 knee surgery. I definitely know what you're talking about. I think our guys have one well. I don' know how good a patient I would be. I don't handle pain well.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

We've been mowing and training today getting all ready for Nationals next week. I get a lot of thinking done when I'm riding the mower. Life is good.

I'm OP.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #5  

I've been outside today, too, Sandra. I've been working in the flower beds, doing what I should have done when I moved in....raking leaves out of flower beds. I feel like a real Texan out there sweating in the heat. Thank goodness I have lots of shade and it's not too hot.

So far today, I've had a protein shake with a banana and blueberries, and NS beans and rice with a big salad, and a peach. I'm just beginning to get hungry again. I think I'll have some light cheese.

In case you didn't notice from late last night, Nancy is away until Friday.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I've been OP lite today: B-banana with 1T peanut butter on toast, L-plain ham sandwich, S-bbq chicken, low fat slaw, 1/4 c mashed potatoes, and watermelon.

I'm worried that Pippi has hip dysplasia! I am taking her to the vet tomorrow

Sandra, DH won the bigger TV. It is very nice and has a great picture, but I could have done with smaller.

Rhonda, when you get done with your yard, I could use some spiffing up around here!

Vickie, awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

Night, chicks
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to stay in today and take it easy didn't get to sleep until 3:30 AM,as I could find a good position to keep my shoulder bone from hurting. Doctor called and will give me another medication. Can't wait until I go to see the doctor and have the results from the MRI. I have a feeling that I have bone spurs cutting into the nerves from a deteriorating disc on the base of my neck.

Sorry for being MIA yesterday I went to a senior seminar about assistant living living at home or living with children. Very interesting subject,as when we get older we have to plan in advance what will happen to us,and if we have control of it.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,Those protein drinks work and it doesn't leave you hungry???

VICKIE-Congrats on your weight loss, you doing great.

SLOAN-Hope all is well with your pet.Its hard to see them suffer.Not eating anything as it to hot to eat and I'm thinking that the reason I plateauing.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #8  

Maryann, first I'm sorry to hear that you're having such pain. I hope it improves. Second, I get hungry about 3 hours after I've had one of the protein shakes, usually made with some fruit. So, then I eat a snack, or meal, depending upon what time it is. Today, I had a shake at 8 AM, went to aquafit from 9-10, and had light cheese and 3 triscuits at 11AM. I'm hungry but will see what water will do before eating.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I am so sorry you're having pain. I can empathize. Hopefully, when you get your MRI results, you'll get treatment and relief soon. At PT this AM I bought a TENS machine. It sends electric impulses over the pained area. I have been having treatments with one at PT and now will be able to use it at home. Curtis will be using it, too.

Rhonda, thank you for the pages. Did you have to take extra showers yesterday? I took 4 total. Every time I came in I was dripping with sweat. Ask Doyle if he remembers how Grandmother used to pour sweat. I'm just like her.

Vickie, will you get pool time today? I envy your getting to swim at home.

Sloan, I'm still loving "Lite OP." From your menu, it looks like you're doing well. Can I ask you a personal question? If you'd rather not answer here, would you PM me? You are at a wonderfull weight now. What was you highest?

My highest weight was 232. I'm below that now and am working on losing more.

I have a nails appointmentat The Ranch in a few minutes.

I'm OP.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-13-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I'm still working on little projects and enjoying it so much! I really need to get some window treatments made before school starts, but I'm not sure if I'll get that done.

I need to ask y'all a question. I have gone bare footed all my life and still do, but lately I think it's making my feet and legs ache and feel tired. Is that an aging thing? If so, do y'all have a recommendation for some supportive sandals that I could get?

Sandra, I don't mind telling you my highest weight. It was 160. I am 5'2", so I didn't wear it well. At that time I was wearing size 12, but I needed a 14. I am at 138 now, and I'm not very happy with that. If you remember, I got to 130 and stayed there for over a year, so that's my goal. I'm not giving up, but I'm starting to think the routine of getting back to school will help me. I hope so, anyway.

Maryann, I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. I can highly recommend the TENS unit that Sandra was talking about. It really helps.

Rhonda, sounds like you have a good routine going. During the summer, I really get off track.

I took Pippi to the vet today and found out she has a "luxating patella". In other words, her knee cap is slipping out of place. The vet said unless it interferes with her walking she will not need surgery. She did recommend some glucosamine/chondroitin supplements. I'm really glad it's not a problem with her hip, but I guess this could become problematic as she ages.

GTG get some supper done. We are having breakfast food, yummy! I'll try to check in later.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #11  

I pressed 450 pounds today, and that's all I can say about that! (OK, I needed more help than usual, but I did it.)

I'll respond to people later. I'm really tired and just froze a 1/2 bushel of fresh peaches.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I'm 5'2 and 3/4", so I'm not carrying my weight around well at all. Thank you for sharing with us. I am positive you'll get back to 130 soon. I remember summer's off from teaching. Routines were almost nonexistent. And you've had so much emotional stress. Just keep doing what you can. You'll get there. I suggest SAS sandals. Yes, they are sort of old lady shoes, but some of their sandals are pretty cute. I have several pairs; I also have a pair of MBT (remember my talking about those shoes?) sandals and they feel heavenly. All these sandals are sort of clunky looking not dainty, but they are all right. Born makes sandals, too, but I don't have any. I think they are pretty cute.

Rhonda, I was wondering if you were putting up peaches. You're going to enjoy them.

Curtis has to have a nuclear stress test tomorrow before his cardiologist will permit him to have knee replacement surgery. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I'm OP.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Had a bad day yesterday. Brodie got hurt somehow at the groomer yesterday. He came home limping and we ended up at the Vet for xrays and pain medicine. Of course, I'm upset and frantic about what happened. We've had this groomer for years; through Cassie. We don't know what we are going to do yet.

I'll be back tomorrow. I'm too upset to chat.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Got a hold of the doctor yesterday and he gave me prescription for a mod-severe pain pill.Took one around 2PM and I'm not feeling pain anymore plus I go a good[8hr] night sleep. Hopefully that will do the trick until my appointment next Tues.

The humidity is still in play,and the a/c 's are going strong,I'm hoping that my electric bill won't be going sky high,but I rather pay them than the doctor.

RHONDA-Thanks for the kind words,so far with these new pills the pain is gone. I have a soy protein shake by Genisoy that I use occasionally,but only as in between meal drink.I use Metamucil/water 15 mins before eating a meal.Suppose to keep the food going down slowly,instead of a rush for the blood sugar to rise. That's what the do on Phase 1 of the SBD. I tried not eating or very little in this heat,but it back fired on me,so I don't do that anymore.Back to using C C/P C.But the scale is still rocking back and forth in the high 160's.

SANDRA-Thanks,I never checked if you can buy any machines or hot wraps at my PT,will ask my doctor about them and if recommended I will go over and buy the wrap.

SLOANE-My DD walks barefoot all the time in doors,but I'm a slipper wearer instead. The only thing I can think of is get arch supports for your shoes as you might have flat feet. Thanks,Have to talk to my doctor about the tens machine, are they expensive?????

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #15  

About shoes: I too went bare foot forever, after having been very involved in dancing (toe, jazz, you name it). In my 50's my feet really began to hurt and I saw a few podiatrists and wore orthotics. One day I said to H with it all, took out the orthotics, and never looked back.

I like SAS shoes, and was told to make sure that the sole of the shoe was visible when you looked down, and that it did not disappear under the shoe (make sense?). For the last two summers I've been wearing a pair of sandals made by Ecco. I can't find a model name, but there is velcro across the toe, over the instep near the ankle and around the back. These are the MOST comfortable shoes I have ever had, bar none. I noticed that my neighbor had some on and they looked new, so I assume they are still being made. I should go get another pair.

My nephew swears by "five fingers" for around the house and his jogging, and I'm thinking of getting some.