Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #1  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Default Hello There! :)

Hi guys!

Wow... I haven't been on a forum in quite a while - let's see if I still remember how to do the whole introduction thang...

So, my name is Liz. I'm 23 years old, live in New York and have been yo-yo'ing with my weight since high school. I found this forum completely by accident. I wasn't looking to join a forum, but I was googling information on Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD. (Wanted to see people's experiences with it...) and found myself here. I decided to join because I have a long history with message boards and I think joining one for weight loss might help me in my mission. I've tried SparkPeople, but that format didn't really work for me...

Anyway. I started my current weight-loss endeavor at 220 lbs...the heaviest I've ever been. I got really mad at myself the day I realized that I'd grown out of yet another size of jeans and decided it was time to change... again. I'm hoping this is the change that sticks.

This time around, I have Jillian. I discovered, totally by accident, "Losing It With Jillian". I didn't know anything about her, just that she was a trainer on Biggest Loser. The first time I watched Losing It, I was shocked at how mean she was. LOL. Little did I know... Jillian is now my inspiration, and soon she may just change my life.

I started going back to the gym. Walking on the treadmill mostly... and the more I watched Jillian, the more motivation I had to push myself. So I'm now training myself to run... doing sprints and trying to build up my speed... little by little.

I bought 30 Day Shred last week. I just finished day 5 yesterday. What a beast she is! But I can't wait to get further into it and really start seeing the difference everyone raves about. I see a little bit already... mostly in the shoulders and arms. (I have a collarbone again!!!)

Right now, I've lost 5 and a half lbs... weighing in at 214.5. I'm stalled, but I read that is normal when first starting 30 DS... but I know I've lost inches so no matter.

Enough about my weight and a little bit about me! I work part time in a library, I go to college full time. I like the internet a little bit too much. I love taking pictures. Music is my life.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you better! xo

- Liz

Last edited by singforthedayx; 07-12-2010 at 11:08 PM.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Liz and welcome to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #3  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Liz!!

If you're up for some more Jillian workouts..def try Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. Killers, but totally effecive
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Liz! Hopefully your internet addiction will land you at 3FC more often, this is really a great place to come for motivation and inspiration. If you are not a fan of JM on FB, then go find her now! She is soooooooo awesome and humble and down to earth, LOVE JILLIAN!!

I am currently doing Insanity; I wrap up Phase I tomorrow!! YaY!! I've lost lots of inches but virtually NO weight! But that's okay, I rather be physically smaller and 1 pound lighter than 10 pounds lighter and the same size!!

I definitely want to get on a JM program after Insanity. I've learned that what works best for me is something that gives me routine and instructions to follow!

Congratulations on the biggest and greatest decision of your life; changing you for the better!
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome Liz, glad you are here, please keep us updated on your success's and struggles. We are here to support you

Quote:
Originally Posted by singforthedayx View Post
Hi guys!

Wow... I haven't been on a forum in quite a while - let's see if I still remember how to do the whole introduction thang...

So, my name is Liz. I'm 23 years old, live in New York and have been yo-yo'ing with my weight since high school. I found this forum completely by accident. I wasn't looking to join a forum, but I was googling information on Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD. (Wanted to see people's experiences with it...) and found myself here. I decided to join because I have a long history with message boards and I think joining one for weight loss might help me in my mission. I've tried SparkPeople, but that format didn't really work for me...

Anyway. I started my current weight-loss endeavor at 220 lbs...the heaviest I've ever been. I got really mad at myself the day I realized that I'd grown out of yet another size of jeans and decided it was time to change... again. I'm hoping this is the change that sticks.

This time around, I have Jillian. I discovered, totally by accident, "Losing It With Jillian". I didn't know anything about her, just that she was a trainer on Biggest Loser. The first time I watched Losing It, I was shocked at how mean she was. LOL. Little did I know... Jillian is now my inspiration, and soon she may just change my life.

I started going back to the gym. Walking on the treadmill mostly... and the more I watched Jillian, the more motivation I had to push myself. So I'm now training myself to run... doing sprints and trying to build up my speed... little by little.

I bought 30 Day Shred last week. I just finished day 5 yesterday. What a beast she is! But I can't wait to get further into it and really start seeing the difference everyone raves about. I see a little bit already... mostly in the shoulders and arms. (I have a collarbone again!!!)

Right now, I've lost 5 and a half lbs... weighing in at 214.5. I'm stalled, but I read that is normal when first starting 30 DS... but I know I've lost inches so no matter.

Enough about my weight and a little bit about me! I work part time in a library, I go to college full time. I like the internet a little bit too much. I love taking pictures. Music is my life.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you better! xo

- Liz
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #6  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Thanks everybody! This looks like an awesome place...
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote