Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2

Please continue with just the recipes here

Please post only recipes, all other questions and/or comments please post on the weekly board.

THANK YOU

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 08-01-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Chocolate Raspberry Dessert

Prepare one IPj/Matol Chocolate Cake in the oven as directed. Remove from oven and let cool. Poke holes in cake with a fork. Mix up a IP/Matol Raspberry Gelatin as directed and pour it into the holes. Place in the refrigerator until set.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #3  

Default Key Lime Tarts

4 + 1 packets of True Lime flavoring (approx. 1 level teaspoon)
A little Splenda or Stevia to taste
1 packet of Matol Protein Vanilla Pudding
1 packet of Matol Protein Maple Oatmeal
1 egg white
Mini-muffin baking cups
Non-stick spray
2 egg whites for meringue

For the filling: Dissolve one teaspoon of True Lime flavoring in approx. 3 oz. of water. Add a little Stevia or Splenda to taste. The taste should be sweet but tart. Add the contents of one IP Vanilla pudding and mix well until smooth. No lumps. The consistency will be thicker than your normal pudding. Cover and refrigerate.

For the crust: Pre-heat the oven at 350o F. Mix 1 packet of IP Maple Oatmeal with the egg white and 1-1 ½ oz (30-45 ml) of water, just enough for a stiff but manageable dough to form.

Lightly coat your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Moisten your hands (if you don’t, the ‘dough’ will stick to your fingers) and form little balls using approx. 2-3 teaspoons of dough. Place one dough ball in each baking cup. Press dough down as thinly as possible across the bottom and the sides forming a little ‘cup’ (the dough will "poof" a little during baking).

Bake for approx. 5 minutes or longer, if necessary. For crispy tart shells, remove them from the muffin tin and place them upside down on top of the tin and bake for a few more minutes until golden brown. If the cup cake shells are too thick, don’t bother as they will be too hard.

Cool on a wire rack.

Take key lime filling out of the refrigerator and stir in the last packet of True Lime flavoring to give your filling an extra tangy Florida key lime bite.

For the meringue: Beat two egg whites until stiff peaks form.

Fill ‘pastry’ shells till not quite full. Garnish with a small dollop of meringue and a tiny slice of paper-thin slice of fresh lime.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #4  

Default Chili Pizza

1 IP Maple Oatmeal (preferably sweetened)
1 IP Vegetable Chili
¼ teaspoon baking powder
3 small pinches of baking soda
4 oz of hot water
8 drops of extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon of dried Italian herbs (basic, oregano, marjoram, hot peppers, garlic)
Fresh garlic
Select vegetables, sliced thin

Preheat the oven at 350º F. Blend the contents of the oatmeal and the chili together with the baking powder, baking soda, hot water, virgin olive oil and dried herbs until the water is absorbed and all the dry ingredients are equally distributed. Rub fresh garlic directly onto a non-stick baking sheet. Spoon mixture into two pizza rounds and flatten out. Bake at 350º F for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Garnish with thinly sliced mushrooms, eggplant, green peppers or any other vegetables of your choice from the select vegetable list. Return to the oven or broiler, just long enough to roast the vegetables to taste. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #5  

Default Turnips in mustard sauce

3 medium turnips
2 tsp olive oil
Sea salt
Pepper
1-2 cups Fat free, low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp mustard like coarse brown or your preference
1 tsp dried parsley or 1 tbsp fresh

Peel the turnips and cut into cubes. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add the turnips and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high heat until turnips begin to brown nicely. Add broth and simmer until broth has reduced to a small thickened pool and the turnips are a golden brown and can be pierced with a fork. Reduce heat to low and add in the mustard and heat through. Keep warm until ready to serve. Sprinkle on parsley just before serving.

This should make 2 servings.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #6  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

this has turned into my favorite dinner so i thought i would share! i'm sure there are ways to change it up too, like different veggies/spices so enjoy!

1 c. mushroom
1 c. zucchini
5 oz chicken, chopped into strips or cubes

marinade:
take 1/3 measuring cup and fill it with equal parts vinegar and olive oil
add 1 spoonful of ginger, sea salt, chilli powder, curry powder and a few shakes of soy sauce. (again use what you like, this sauce reminds me of thai food)

let chicken sit for about 30 minutes in marinade and then sautee it over medium heat until outside is cooked. add veggies and let simmer for about ten minutes.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #7  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Default Raspberry Vinegarette

Raspberry Vinegarette:
Yield: 1 serving

approx 4-5 tbsp of white vinegar
.5 - 1 tsp of olive or grape seed oil
various seasonings (mrs. dash, garlic, dill, etc)
.5 tsp of Walden Farms raspberry gelatin or
.5 tsp of the IP raspberry jelly.

Mix together and let sit for several minutes to let the flavours come together before using.
I use an electric hand wand, but your IP shaker or a whisk works just as well!

*This recipe is best made in individual servings or else the jello/jelly soaks up all the liquids and become spicy/tangy jello!!

I have used the blueberry/pom drink, Walden Farms blueberry jelly and orange marmalade in this recipe. All are very very tasty!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 03-21-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #8  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Default Cappuccino coffee

As requested!! (This is more of a tip, then an actual recipe)

1 packet Cappuccino, pudding or chocolate drink powder
6-8 oz of cold water (or less if you like a thicker drink)

Mix packets as usual. Place in microwave for 1.5 minutes.

Add prepared coffee to mixture, stir and enjoy!

I will switch up which pudding packets I use.... sometimes chocolate, vanilla, butterscoth etc (or a mixture of 2 flavours for something different)

You can top with sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice etc or if you are feeling in the mood for a more decadent drink, add the Walden Farms chocolate or butterscotch dipping/syrup and stir well or a dollop of fat free whipped topping to the finished product and enjoy!! So yummy!!

This process will make a nice frothy hot drink with no lumps or separation!

* I actually use the puddings more then the chocolate drink as they have less sodium and carbs but taste exactly the same!!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #9  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Stir Fry Recipe
I use coconut oil and WF asian dressing, Heat that up, add shrimp, or steak or chicken, and broccoli slaw (bought in the product section). I add broccoli, mushrooms, (any veggie). I really like this for getting my 2 cups of veggies in.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Baked Vegetables Mediterranean

2 tomatoes, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1 med zucchini, sliced
1 small eggplant, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 large Portobello mushroom, slilced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2/3 cup lemon juice
sea salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. grease bottom of oval casserole or a 13x9 baking dish. arrange slices of veggies in rows, alternating types and overlapping slices to make a nice presentation. sprinkle evenly with garlic. combine olive oil and rosemary in a small bowl; drizzle over veggies. pour lemon juice over vegetables; season with salt and pepper. cover loosely with foil. bake 20 min. uncover and bake 10 to 15 min more. vegetables should be fork tender when you pull the dish from the oven.
you could also use asparagus spears in this dish if you like them.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Old 04-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #11  

Cauliflower Couscous

1 large head of cauliflower
1 tbsp of olive oil

trim and core cauliflower. Cut into equal pieces. Place in food processor fitted with metal blade. Process using on/off pulse action until cauliflower is in small, uniform pieces about the size of cooked couscous. DO NOT PUREE!
heat oil in 12” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower; cook and stire 5 min or until cooked to a crisp-tender state. serve with vegetables or sauces.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #12  

Eggless mayonnaise recipe

http://glutenfreeday.com/?p=65

"Making your own mayonnaise is actually very easy and fast, this is why I never understood why people bought their mayonnaise; the taste of fresh mayonnaise can’t be compared with the stuff that has been sitting on shelves for a long time. Yes, I do know that some people have a difficult time making it, since it can split, but once you learn how to make it it’s easy.

Making egg-free mayonnaise was difficult for me at first; all the recipes I found were a bit too complicated and difficult and so I gave up and just bought some Plamil mayo. It all changed when I found a recipe on a message board which used only soy milk, salt, vinegar and oil, the only problem was that that particular recipe used a ton of vinegar; the tartness was just too much. I finally tried to adjust it by adding only some tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice to the mayo and it worked - I was so happy that I could finally make my own egg-free mayonnaise and it tasted a lot like the real thing.

This recipe is easy and tasty. You can season the mayo with black pepper, curry, paprika or garlic, but I prefer using the traditional spice - Dijon mustard. As for oils I like to use grapeseed oil or sunflower oil, canola oil might be good too, but whatever oil you use don’t use olive oil, the taste is horrible."

You can adjust the tartness or sweetness with a little more lemon juice or add some splenda or stevia.

Egg-free mayonnaise

This will make approximately 1/2 cup mayonnaise and keeps about 1 week in the fridge.

-1/4 cup or 1 dl soy milk

-1-2 tbls lemon juice, I like to use 2 tbls because I like the tartness it gives, but if you like your mayonnaise sweeter, use just one tbls

-salt according to taste

-approximately 3/4 cup or 2 dl oil

-spices according to taste (traditional mayo is 1tsp dry mustard, 1tsp salt, a pinch of paprika or white pepper or cayenne or a dash or tobasco)

Put the milk and the lemon juice into a bowl, add the spices and the salt into it and mix well, I use a bamix, but any kind of hand held mixer will do, or a whisk.

Continue mixing and start adding the oil, use the traditional method which means that you need to add the oil slowly mixing constantly, pour the oil in a steady very thin stream. Continue adding the oil until the mayonnaise is thick enough and then continue with the mixing for a small while, one minute is enough. When finished, the mayonnaise will not be as thick as store bought mayonnaise. Let it sit, refrigerated, for at least half an hour. Stir, and taste for seasoning. If necessary, whisk in a pinch more salt, sugar or another teaspoon or so of vinegar. Wait before tasting because it takes awhile for the salt to dissolve into all of the oil.

You can also make mayonnaise in a blender or with an immersion blender. The procedure is the same:

Blender Mayo - If you do not own a food processor, using a blender is the next best way to make a cup or so of mayonnaise.

Put egg yolk, salt, sugar, pepper and vinegar in the blender container. Put on the lid, taking out the plastic plug in the center. Turn the blender on medium speed. Once the egg yolk is light in color, begin adding the oil, a couple of drops at a time. Once half the oil is incorporated, add it in a thin stream. You might need to scrape the blender container one or two times with a rubber spatula to make sure that all the ingredients are emulsified.

Immersion Blender Mayo - A good method to make mayonnaise very quickly since the powerful blades of an immersion blender emulsify the oil and vinegar almost instantly.

Put all the mayonnaise ingredients In a tall, narrow container, such as a straight-sided beaker. Insert the immersion blender right down to the bottom of the beaker. Turn it on high, and very slowly raise it to the top of the beaker. Instant mayonnaise.

I haven't done this yet but, if you don't like the effect from the soy milk you can experiment with silken tofu.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #13  
Me, only smaller.

S/C/G: 195/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all:

I'm newer to IP and I HATE pudding. But, I have to have it at the moment for a snack so I mixed it up and put it in the freezer hoping it would be more like ice cream. I still couldn't stand it. So here's my tip:

I cup of hot tea (I like Earl Grey)
Add prepared pudding (vanilla)
dash of splenda and cinnamon

It's like having a Chai tea! Yum!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 AM   #14  

Try either of these. Leave the cheese out if you feel it is a cheat.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/...aesar-dressing

Eggless Caesar Dressing
Copyright 2010 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.

Ingredients (to make 1-1/2 cups)
4 small cloves garlic
½ teaspoon coarse salt
12 anchovy fillets
1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2-3 lemons)
2 tablespoons drained capers rinsed
1-1/2 teaspoons dried mustard
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (omit to be on IP plan but use for your family or guests)

Directions
1. Mash garlic and salt using a large mortar and pestle. Add anchovies, zest, capers, mustard, and pepper; mash to form a paste. Stir in lemon juice. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, working pestle until emulsified; work in cheese. (Or, puree all ingredients except oil and cheese in a blender. Add oil in a slow steady stream, blending until emulsified. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese.) Dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.

OR

Emeril's Eggless Caesar Salad

Ingredients:
2 lemons, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (annie's organic is sugar free and wine free)
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
Salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried, torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)

Method:
In a mixing bowl combine the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste, salt, and pepper.
Whisk in the canola oil to blend.
To Serve:
In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #15  

Can't recall who posted this but, it is so GOOD it needs to be here for others to see!

Warm Rhubarb (good for all phases of IP)

Preparing it: I just take 4cups of unsweetened frozen rhubarb (the fresh isn't ready here yet) put it in a microwaveable bowl and add a little Splenda. Then I throw it in the microwave for 10min.(stir it around at about 7min) and then enjoy!
Depending on your microwave it made need more or less time. It will be significantly less in the bowl once cooked because of the water content of the rhubarb.

serving suggestion: Serve with a portion of vanilla pudding as a dessert. Pudding may also be made with less water to get a more "whipping cream" consistency.
Closed Thread