Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

Default New to 3FC and looking for a weight loss buddy!!

Hey!! I'm Courtney and I'm 23. I'm brand new to 3FC and don't even really know how to work everything on this site yet lol.

I started at 203 and am looking to get down to about 135. Also, I'm 5'4''. I've started and failed so many times and I just want this to be the one time that I make it through. I don't want to start and lose and be happy then gain it all back. I feel like if I have someone else to talk to and report to then I'll feel more accountable for what I'm doing and eating and how much I exercise.

I'd be totally fine communicating through e-mail or something like that. Anyway, I just graduated college and I'm trying to find a job, which is stressful, plus trying to lose this 68 lbs. on top of that. I've been doing well so far and have lost 5 lbs. LOL I know it's not much, but this is just the beginning. ANYWAY if you're interested let me know!!
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #3  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome Courtney, we are glad you found us and posted. Love your profile picture, stick around and let us know how you are doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinenmysoul View Post
Hey!! I'm Courtney and I'm 23. I'm brand new to 3FC and don't even really know how to work everything on this site yet lol.

I started at 203 and am looking to get down to about 135. Also, I'm 5'4''. I've started and failed so many times and I just want this to be the one time that I make it through. I don't want to start and lose and be happy then gain it all back. I feel like if I have someone else to talk to and report to then I'll feel more accountable for what I'm doing and eating and how much I exercise.

I'd be totally fine communicating through e-mail or something like that. Anyway, I just graduated college and I'm trying to find a job, which is stressful, plus trying to lose this 68 lbs. on top of that. I've been doing well so far and have lost 5 lbs. LOL I know it's not much, but this is just the beginning. ANYWAY if you're interested let me know!!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #4  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey Courtney,

I'm new and looking for a weight loss buddy as well We're just about the same age, height, and goal weight! I tried to message you, but apparently you can't send private messages until you have a certain number of posts.
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #5  

LOL I learned that too! I can't put a ticker or anything either until a certain number of posts. Yeah we're def. about the same so that's awesome. What kind of weight loss program/diet are you doing? Just watching calories or weight watchers?? What's your name by the way? If you're comfortable giving it out.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #6  
One pound at a time...

Haha, no problem- my name's Dani. As of now, I'm just trying to get in a lot of exercise and counting calories...I'm trying to stick to somewhere around 1200-1400 a day. What about you?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #7  

Rock on. I'm doing Weight Watchers. It's my staple diet program lol. It works for me when I don't CHEAT! Which I usually have issues with. It's been a week so far though and I haven't messed up. I got the Biggest Loser: Last Chance Workout video though and have been using that and it'll kick your a$$. I'm coming down from the most I've ever weighed in my life. All throughout high school was in the 160s-170s then after I got to college and got married it just shot through the roof. I got over 200 and was just like um...I don't think so. That was my tipping point. Then I got a skirt that I thought was a size 16 and it fit and I got home and read the tag and it was an 18. Devastating lol. So from that point I decided to just freaking finally accomplish something and achieve a goal for once in my life. Do you have problems sticking to it?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/236/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome!
The girls here are great! If you participate in challenges and keep active around the forum, you will have more than enough motivation to achieve your goals. I lost about 20 lbs the beginning of this year, just by checking in here and keeping myself accountable. As soon as I drifted from 3FC, I gained most of it back
YOU CAN DO THIS, GIRL!!
zarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #9  
One pound at a time...

Oooh yeah, I've been wondering about the videos! Good to know it's working. I've never tried any sort of video workout...I've been going to the gym and doing plain old weights, treadmills, and ellipticals.

As for the calorie counting...my problem with eating healthier is I always start out REALLY strong and then after a month or so I get cocky and think, "Hey, I can cheat for one meal, right?" and "one meal" turns into "the next 6 months."

Strangely, even my weight gain was similar to yours, haha. I weighed 160-175 all throughout high school and then got to college and gained...um...the freshman 40.

I'm going into my senior year now, so I guess my main motivation at the moment is to graduate at a healthy weight.

Congratulations on staying on plan for a week! Do you like WW? I've considered it, but haven't ever really looked into it.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #10  

Haha that's hilarious. I just graduated in May so I know how hard it is to stick with it during school. That's stressful enough as it is. My sister has a gym membership and I was going with her as a guest every once in a while, but it really wasn't consistent so I got that video and today was my 4th day in a row doing it. I made my husband do it with me today and he was like DANG! He was sweating too.

I do the EXACT same thing with starting out strong then falling off. Last time I did well I was like ok...after I lose 10 lbs. I'll reward myself with Chinese food. Then it was all over lol. I'll never reward myself with food again. This is going to be good for both of us then I think because we'll stick to it and be accountable to someone.

I really love WW because you have a certain amount of points each day and you follow that. Basically you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your point guidelines. You'll learn very quickly though that if you use all your points on chocolate cake you'll be very hungry later that night and cheat. So you have to make good healthy choices and stay within your point limits. I use a food journal too to see how much I eat.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5'6

I have done some workout videos too. One of my faves was Jillian Hough ballroom dancing video. It was tough! I also was wondering about WW, do you have to buy a book or ??
freshsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshsteph View Post
I have done some workout videos too. One of my faves was Jillian Hough ballroom dancing video. It was tough! I also was wondering about WW, do you have to buy a book or ??
Well, here's what I did. I went to one meeting and paid for that week (go when they're having a free registration special) because you just pay weekly, there's no monthly commitment or anything, and get the first book and the points calculator. Learn how to do it and then just use it at home and don't go back lol! I got the digital calculator and I like it a lot and also there is a website that tells you all the points values of food at restaurants. If you follow it, it will work. The website is dwlz.com by the way. Then you go to the restaurants tab.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/197/135

Height: 5'2

Hey All, I am In The Same Situation, Tried The HCG Diet In April Only Lost A little Started At 226 went down to 202 from April until now, pretty much just doing alot more active work, like I moved and had to do it all by myself and probably shed lbs that way as well as doing some wii fit, and weight watchers online which is awesome. But I just started the Belly Fat Cure Diet From Jorge Cruise last Tues, but instead of my scale going down in one week it has sent me up to 204 but I don't even know if that's accurate LOL, because it keeps elevating (the scale I Mean) So I may just got back strictly to Weight Watchers & Wii Fit etc. Whatever works out for me.

If Anyone has any diet plan suggestions or ideas let me know. I live in Scottsdale, Az but Also Would love to have a weight loss buddy, either by phone, email, im or facebook. Motivation is key and having someone in your same position I feel will really help.

My name is Jamilah Jones On facebook.
lilweezycarter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #14  

Me, you, and Dani all have pretty much the same height/weight/goal which is pretty awesome. We can all help each other out. I can't believe I haven't cheated yet on my changed eating habits. Last night I did grab a handful of trail mix without even thinking, but I guess that's not as bad as finishing off a bag of cheetos or something lol. Also, my mom brought home this giant box of cut up fresh fruit and I ate the crap out of it! I always get on this kick like I'm dying if I can't have chocolate, but I forgot how amazing fresh fruit can be! I'm on my 5th day straight of doing my BL workout vid too and my muscles are SO tired, but I don't want to give up.

Ohh and I'm going on a 3 day vacation this weekend with my family to float down the river and stay in a cabin. In the past, when I go on vacation is always when I mess up really bad and then never continue my diet/exercise. I don't want to do that again so any suggestions on how I can do well on my trip?
Old 07-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #15  
One pound at a time...

I agree with you, I think it's good that we both have the same weakness because then we can both hold each other accountable!

WW sounds like a good way to make a lifestyle change instead of just "dieting"- I like that the plan doesn't expressly forbid anything. I don't plan on forbidding anything permanently either, but I AM being stricter with myself for the time being until I get my sweet tooth under control! I don't trust myself to "just have one" of any of my favorite foods at the moment, haha.

Good point about not rewarding yourself with food, too. Are you planning on rewarding yourself (with anything) at mini-goals? I've been toying with the idea...