Old 07-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Friend Coming to Visit in December, I'm Just That Much More Motivated Now

About a year ago I started talking to a man via the interwebz who has turned in to a very near and dear friend. I have made many friends via the internet, my roommate and I actually met that way, and I don't have a reason to believe that he's not who he says he is to me.

Anyway, over the time we've been talking I have developed a completely unreasonable ecrush on this man. It isn't getting in the way of my life, I have gone on dates with other men since we've been talking, just nothing came out of it.

I had invited him to a concert in December, and really didn't think that he was planning on coming even though he said that he was. However, a few days ago he told me that he has been saving up some money so he can afford to come out!

He's been hugely supportive of my weight loss progress, and him coming out is just pushing me to work even harder. I don't have any unreasonable expectations of what I think will happen when he does come out, I do think that we'll sleep together, which is what I want. I just want to be happier with my body by that point. Whenever I've had sex before my body image really got in the way of me truly enjoying myself, and I don't want that this time.

So I have almost five months to be in the best shape that I can possibly get, and I feel I can hopefully lose 40lbs - 50lbs by then with lots of hard work and dedication.

My friend told me motivation like this is gold, that when she was working to lose weight it was similiar motivation that kept her going all day. But my question to all ya'll is, do you think that the goal of 50lbs in 5 months is reasonable? I know when you're heavier the weight comes off easier, but now that I'll be under 200lbs I'm expecting my weight loss to slow a bit. Any insight from anyone here would be much appreciated.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

personally I still lose pretty consistently and plan on being at my goal weight by Novemberish which is 4 months and I have about 40 pounds left to lose.

I think it is totally doable as long as you stick with your plan... how long has it taken for the first 80ish pounds to come off?
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/236/160

Height: 5' 8"

YAY! Having legitimate motivation is so encouraging!
I think as long as you keep your eyes on the gold, and mix up your exercise routine you should be fine
zarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyisLove View Post
personally I still lose pretty consistently and plan on being at my goal weight by Novemberish which is 4 months and I have about 40 pounds left to lose.

I think it is totally doable as long as you stick with your plan... how long has it taken for the first 80ish pounds to come off?
A little less than a year, but I wasn't consistently working at it. I only added exercise 3 months ago and since I've been counting my calories the weight is just coming off.

I'm planning on sticking with my plan and probably adding a little bit more exercise to keep things moving along.

zappa, I do a fitness bootcamp program, and they give us different exercises each and every time. I'm hoping that'll be enough to keep things mixed up, and once I have a little bit more time adding an extra hour of cardio in there somewhere...
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrina View Post
But my question to all ya'll is, do you think that the goal of 50lbs in 5 months is reasonable? I know when you're heavier the weight comes off easier, but now that I'll be under 200lbs I'm expecting my weight loss to slow a bit. Any insight from anyone here would be much appreciated.
I think you can do anything you put your mind to. I say run with it! Go for the gold!

Keep us posted!

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-12-2010 at 07:43 PM.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote