Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #1  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Default G2010: We Gotta Work: Labor Day Challenge

Hi Ladies, here's the new challenge. It runs from July 5th to Sept 6th.

WI's:
July 12
July 19
July 26
Aug 2
Aug 9
Aug 16
Aug 23
Aug 30
Sept 6

So this is 9 weeks.

Activity Challenge:
I challenge you all to 20 hours of exercise for the next two months! That's a pinch over 2 hours a week. Are you up to the challenge?

Habit Challenge:
I challenge you to set one healthy habit and truly stick to it for the 9 weeks of this challenge!

Last edited by sprklemajik; 07-06-2010 at 09:53 PM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #2  

Goals:
Wt:199 (long shot), 210 (reasonable)
Activity: 30 hrs in 2 months
Habit: Eat Avg of 1700 calories each week

So here's my first daily update:
Screwed the calories this morning... had a terrible McD's bfast.
30 mins exercise
Weighing in today at 223.5- not bad from eating bbq's this weekend.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #3  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I can do this!!!! I just need to keep repeating this over and over and over if needed. I don't know why I'm having this mental block thing lately. It is so frustrating. I just seem to get into a rut and give up for a bit. But I'm determined. We're starting a new challenge and there's no reason to be like this any more. I just have to overcome myself. It seems that I'm my own worst enemy.

I can absolutely do the activity challenge. I want to really stick to working out 6 times a week for an hour each time! Right after I have surgery I won't be able to work out from 10 to 14 days, depending on how I feel, but I can do it before and after. I can make up the time! Woo hoo! I did 45 minutes today, so I've got 19h 15m left for this challenge. I'm going to see how far I can go past it. I like this one a lot!

I am going to take the habit thing slowly and hopefully I'll stick to it! The habit for this first week is that I'll only snack on vegetables. I have this awful habit of eating good meals and then snacking on crazy stuff. So that's what I'm going to do!

I'd like to lose 30 pounds on this challenge. I know that's a lot, but if I start working out like I should and eating like i should, the weight really should come off fast. So we'll see. That's my long shot goal. But if I don't strive for something big, I seem to just lose focus and think I can make everything up. I'll weigh tomorrow and post then.

Thanks for starting this one! I'm glad you did.

Last edited by dandimae; 07-06-2010 at 10:07 PM.
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #4  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Im in my goal is to shed 20lbs.

SW 238
GW 218

7/12:
7/19:
7/26:
8/02:
8/09:
8/16:
8/23:
8/30:
9/06:
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #5  
Ready! Set! GO!

Hi Matilda! It's nice to have someone else posting too! I've weighed myself this morning and I'm at 209.6, so that's my starting weight. I had two bites of my kiddos pancakes for breakfast, but as soon as I did it I realized what I was doing and stopped. I'm getting ready to make myself a fruit smoothie instead. Sometimes I feel like I just do things without even thinking about what I'm doing! So another habit I'd like to adopt is mindful eating. This is basically not putting anything in my body (except water) without sitting down and meaning to. This is going to be hard for me, but I feel I have to do it to be successful in this. Ok, everyone have a great Wednesday!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #6  

Welcome Matilda!! Nice to see you!

Dandimae- I think the mindful eating is a great habit to work on!!

Daily update:
1805 calories today, 55 minutes of exercise (for 85 mins to date)
Feeling very good about today. I had a piece of pizza (oh well, but still pretty much on target).

I hope some more folks show up
Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #7  
Ready! Set! GO!

Well, I got up super early (435) to go to a workout class at the gym that starts at 510 and wouldn't you know, they aren't having them this week b/c of the 4th! So I walked a few laps and then decided it would be nice to clean without a child stuck to my leg so I came home and started some cleaning. I've still got more to do, but I got about an hour in uninterrupted. I'm happy with that.

I hope more people join too, but I'm here even if not...unless of course you are going to drop too! Then just let me know and I'll find another place to post.

Eating one piece of pizza isn't that bad! It's when I just can't stop and end up eating 4 (or more) slices that I get into trouble. I'm also going to begin every meal with a big salad, that way if I do have anything bad, I'll already be partially full...
Old 07-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 287.6/268.4/155

Today's Weight 275.2
Goal 265

WI's:
July 12
July 19
July 26
Aug 2
Aug 9
Aug 16
Aug 23
Aug 30
Sept 6

So this is 9 weeks.

Activity Challenge:
Due to a disability, I'm making my challenge 10 hours exercise.

Habit Challenge:
No eating past 10:30 p.m. I would like to make this a everlasting habit for me.
pinkprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #9  
Ready! Set! GO!

Hi Pink! Glad to have you with us!

I weighed in at 209.8 this morning! The scale is moving the wrong way, but I can't complain, we had a bunch of kids over yesterday and we ended up eating hot dogs (even if they were turkey) for lunch AND dinner. I've been doing my exercising and it's amazing how much better I'm feeling already! It's great. I am a little upset that b/c of my surgery on Monday the 19th, I won't be able to work out for 10 to 14 days, but I'm not letting that deter me. I won't be able to eat, either, so it won't be that bad. I'll be doing protein and supplement shakes, but no food. We'll see what the liquid diet does for me.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #10  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

I like this challenge. The 20 hours of exercise is already a nice part of my lifestyle. The challenge is the discipline for eating wisely.

My goal for the eight weeks is eight pounds. Any more than that will be splendid.

Thanks very much for starting the challenge!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #11  
Ready! Set! GO!

Well, I'm exactly the same weight as I was yesterday. This is a good thing, cause I was sure that I was going to go up. I have been working out, but I have been bad with the eating. The hubs is NOT a good influence. He brings me treats, cause he knows that I love them, but I had to tell him that I can't eat the bad stuff all weekend any more.

I've been a rock star with food so far today though! I had a fruit smoothie with greek yogurt and 2 cups of coffee for breakfast and now I'm eating a big salad with a teeny bit of dressing (Paul Newman's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette-my favorite) and half of a cut up apple on top. It is so good. I forget that I actually like vegetables and how they make me feel sometimes. When I eat really bad stuff I just seem to forget. For lunch I'm going to have another big salad and half a toasted pita with 1 tbsp hummus.

Welcome Silver! Glad to have you with us. This challenge is part of a bigger challenge that started at the very beginning of the year, with mini challenges starting every so often. The good thing about this is that you can just jump right in for one individual challenge, or stay with us all the way through to the end of this year.

I did my hour of exercise yesterday and I'm going to get my hour in today. I'm going to do it in 20 minute increments on the elliptical so it doesn't seem so bad! Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #12  

Dandimae, thanks for the kind welcome, and congratulations on staying with your plan today.

Do you mind my asking, what is an elliptical?

I like being able to do my movement/exercise at different times instead of having to do it all in one fell swoop each day.

Today is a good stick-with-my-plan day.

Sending you all victory thoughts.

Last edited by SilverLife; 07-12-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: left out a word
Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #13  

So today is a WI day. I'm still at 223.5. Grrrr... wishing that it was lower, but I quit tracking my food this past weekend and it all got away from me. Back on track in the morning.

I tracked 2 hrs 45 minutes last week. I also got in 30 minutes today on the elliptical at the gym.

SilverLife- an elliptical is a cardio machine that almost mimics running but doesn't have impact for your knees and legs.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #14  

Sprklemajik, congratulations on the good exercise time. I don't do well when I don't track my food. Am sending you lots of good thoughts!

Thank you for explaining what the elliptical is.

It's cloudy today, so no pretty sunrise to watch. I've just about finished my exercise routine for the day. Am taking a little breather to check in here and drink some tea.

Wishing you all much success today.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #15  
Ready! Set! GO!

Ok, I have been eating really well lately. I weighed in this morning and I was at 204.6! I don't know if that's all water weight, but either way, it just shows me how truly awful I was eating before!

I've walked 3 miles every day and pushing the double stroller, it's a workout! It takes me about 48 minutes to complete it, and sometimes longer. So I've done 2.75 hours so far with 17.25 to go. I'm going to be out for up to 14 days starting monday, so I'll have to really hustle when I'm able to work out again.

I'm feeling good about this challenge, and I feel that my goals are totally doable.