South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's The Weekend! Let's Chat!

Time to plan something fun even if there is other "stuff" to do. There's something to be said for the good old-fashioned sabbath day when there was a day of complete rest. I remember my Grandma not allowing skipping or playing anything but hymns on the piano.

We finally got a good rain although it's still pretty muggy here. It's going up to only 84º today, a nice change from the mid-nineties. I'm glad it rained last night because it'll be dried by this afternoon when two dogs arrive for a week. My dear friends, the Hyper Pypers, now have two mutts and will be leaving them here when they go to their super expensive, "no dog's allowed" cottage. Bailey is one of my puppies and Casey is a really sweet "tall beagle". It is going to be quite the experience. Luckily they all get along.

This morning I do payroll for the Mill so pray for me! I now have two curators and seven summer students working for me and have never done payroll so I'll need luck. The former Treasurer was over last night and we finally got my accounting system restored to July 1. She brought the wrong back-up last week and we ended up as April 1!

Big 90th Birthday party for neighbour Betty tomorrow at noon. She is 90, walks everywhere and needs absolutely no help "Thank-you very much". I want to be her when I grow up. I've been asked to make deviled eggs so will try to get them done this afternoon.

I'm off to the garden to see if any of the raspberries would like to volunteer for my cereal. I wish I could share.

Enjoy your day!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning from western Pennsylvania!

We're here for Fergie's family reunion, and having a great time. I won't talk about what I've been eating, but I've got a great 5 mile walking route here so I'm hoping that keeping up with my exercise routine will make up for my off plan eating the next few days.

Ruth, enjoy the cooler weather! And good luck with the payroll.

Enjoy your Saturday, friends.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm rejoicing in the rain this morning! We needed it badly, even though the air is still awfully thick and muggy.

Ruth, I was under the impression that you were done with the Mill work. No? You are good with numbers and I'm sure doing the payroll will be a breeze. Fresh picked raspberries from your garden sound like a real treat. I wish you could share, too. Have fun with the pooch party!

Heidi, is it as hot and humid in western PA as it is here in the east? Have a good time at the reunion!

We're having a lazy start to the morning, and just waiting for everyone to get ready to go out to breakfast. At first it was just going to be Jake, Carley and me, but Eric woke up in a panic when he realized it was pouring rain and he left the sunroof in his car open. LOL! Luckily, Jake noticed it and covered it with plastic bags. But now they're all awake and want to come with us.
I'm not sure yet what the rest of our day will bring. Usually raining means shopping.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-10-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, it's the Cemetery Board (Bored) that I ditched. Of course, the Mill treasurer job is much bigger. Yes, I know! Don't nag.

You and Heidi sound like you are having a fun family day. Mine will be fun when my canine company and the Pypers arrive later.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies.

Ruth - I'd wish you luck but I bet you don't need it!

Heidi - I hope you continue the great time at the reunion.

Cottage - Isn't it nice to appreciate rain once in a while

I got very little sleep last night. My poor teen has poison ivy all over. ALL over, if you catch my meaning. He is so uncomfortable. He got up at 3:30am to take more benedryl and get into an oatmeal bath. I worried about him falling asleep in there. I guess I will call the pediatrician's office to see what we can put, if anything, on certain... ahem... delicate body parts. And to see if they can give him some steroids or cortisone shot or something. Last time he had poison ivy we had to use a prescription medication to find him any relieve and clear things up. He seems to really react to the stuff.

So I my not get to try out my new bike seat today if I am home waiting for a call back from a nurse. We'll see.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...!!

In a rush to get to the grocery store...
Karen, go to the drugstore and get some Dermaplast. It numbs. Used to use it years ago for yeast infections, so it can go on delicate places. Instant relief. I keep it around for mosquito bites now.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Morning all...!!

In a rush to get to the grocery store...
Karen, go to the drugstore and get some Dermaplast. It numbs. Used to use it years ago for yeast infections, so it can go on delicate places. Instant relief. I keep it around for mosquito bites now.
Thank you! I was scared to do a google search with certain key words today but did it anyways and read some use Gold Bond Lotion. Of course the product site had no info as to whether or not it could be applied "down there."
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth, and for taking the time to share your busy day and Grandma stories. I'm glad to hear it's a bit cooler, too. You reminded me to check the raspberries this morning while it's still cool. Enjoy your extra pups!

Linda, I'm glad Jake saved the day with the sunroof! Many times he reminds me of Kirk. Enjoy your breakfast and shopping!

Heidi, enjoy the reunion and your long walks!

Karen, sorry to hear about DS, but I'm glad Cat had a remedy. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you might get out on your bike today.

Cat,

Me, slept in after spending 2 quiet hours up from Midnight to 2. It's my only reprieve from my patients. I woke up at 7 and got everyone moved around. We're sitting outside on the new lawn (which Rudi loves!) and will make the game plan soon. I would love to get to the farmers market, but may have to pass if Kirk wants to go work out. He missed it yesterday laying the sod. We need to get some cleaning done, too, since company will start arriving on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend everyone! Food has been OP and I'm feeling great!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Karen, my husband reacts terribly to poison ivy,oak, etc. He can get a teeny patch on his leg and by the next day it has spread EVERYWHERE. He uses colloidal silver (available at a natural foods store and some drug stores) or a paste made out of active charcoal. Relieves the itching fast and is ok for the nether regions.

From what I know, GB anti-itch can be applied "down there"...I would watch (or have him watch, I guess) for any reactions, though.

Good luck!

-
Aaack! so much to do today. Was really looking forward to a big smoothie for breakfast...and then realized that it's grocery shopping day and I only have apples and two pitiful looking strawberries for fruit. We'll have to see what I can whip up. Kids want pancakes. I definitely don't want that rock in my stomach when I go to the gym later.

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

I'm stalling! I nibbled the berries as I picked and decided to go down to Bob's Diner for breakfast. I usually just do coffee but had a normal breakfast and a lot of laughs this morning. It was fun! Now I MUST do the darned payroll or a bunch of people will be very disappointed on Monday.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey gals! Day 2 od my modified sb plan, it's going well! Glad to be back around y'all!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
Hey gals! Day 2 od my modified sb plan, it's going well! Glad to be back around y'all!
I tried posting on the Weight Watchers forum. It's DEAD and the people aren't nearly as friendly as they are here. I'll continue using SB principles just so I can post here
Old 07-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #13  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi everyone, looks like there are some fun & productive things on your plate today! Hope you enjoy. And WaistingTime, sorry to hear about your teen's poison ivy. I hope it clears up soon! Aveeno makes a great oatmeal stuff which is more concentrated than regular old oatmeal, that is very soothing in a bath when you have poison ivy.

Heading out to Walmart in a little bit with my bestie for some healthy food shopping. On the list? Stuff to make Curry Peanut Meatballs, Spaghetti-Squash spaghetti-bake, Chicken-cheese-steak sautee, Coconut-curry shrimp (all taken from the recipes section in the forum!) Among some other things I'll grab to put together some more meals. Looking forward to getting out of the house, having some girl-chat time, and getting something productive done as well. Plus I have a free coupon for free goat cheese! And a coupon for free Oscar Mayer deli meat! I know, I get excited about small things but it definitely helps my budget.

Have a great Saturday, ladies!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Just survived a three-dog night - Disney was super-sucky and got to sleep with me instead of downstairs with the rest of the crew. This was a first for her and I think she'll want it to become a habit. As expected, all the 4-leggers got along really well although Casey the hound really misses his family. He likes me though and does a real hound howl demo when I go outside for just a few minutes. I'm not sure what will happen when I go to Church this morning. He's a 2 year old rescue dog and a really sweet mutt - just needy and worried about his family gone again.

Somehow this morning I need to get those darned deviled eggs done for the brunch. I do have them cooked and did remember to freeze the Pampered Chef insert for the serving tray. Maybe I can just put on a dab of mayo and decorate with parsley. If I do that, they may never ask me to cook again.

Not really sure what the day will bring. The Pypers will check in on the dogs when I'm away at the brunch and would like me down at the cottage for BBQ tonight. I'm playing life by ear - long dog ears today.

By the way, I did NOT get the payroll done yesterday. I set up a gorgeous Excel programme and then hit "No" when prompted to save. Duh!

On with Sunday fun!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning! At least it WILL be, once I have some coffee. We didn't realize until late last night that we're completely out of coffee filters, and I refuse to drink instant. Jake is having his shower now, and we'll be off to Cracker Barrel shortly. I may stop at Wawa for a short one on the way!

I think today will be rather lazy, compared to the past few days. Eric, Monica, and the granddaughters left late last night, so today it's just Jake and I. I'm going to get the house back to some resemblance of order this morning after a visit with Mom & Dad, and I have a huge load of towels to wash. I know Dustin, Andrea and the grandkids will probably stop in later this afternoon, but I should have a few hours of ME time in between.

Ruth, enjoy your house full of pups! I hope you manage to get the eggs finished and the payroll done before tomorrow!

Jake's out of the bathroom, so we're off for some COFFEE!
Closed Thread