Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Angry Too FAT for the pool (RANT)

I'm a college student. What does every college student do in the summertime? Live at the pool. My boyfriends older sister keeps asking me to go to the pool and I keep on making excuses. She is gorgeous, skinny, fit, tan, perfect body. I'm 5'6 and 170 (doesnt look too bad in normal clothes, but in a bathing suit, **** no) and it's kind of embarrassing always saying no. And I'm not gonna go in a one piece and shorts while other girls my age prance around in their little bikinis. I don't even feel skinny enough to wear tank tops! I kinda joked with her like, "ohh haha i refuse to buy another bathing suit til i lose 20 pounds!" You know, trying to make it sound like a universal girl thing, rather than something so dark and awful i struggle with every day. So yeah... my weight is making me feel left out.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Wish there were a way to console you to make you believe that really - other people are not looking at your weight the way you do. Even your skinny little friend is probably worried about her belly flab or something else than paying attention to you.

Put on your bathing suit and go enjoy yourself!
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnkymonkey View Post

Wish there were a way to console you to make you believe that really - other people are not looking at your weight the way you do. Even your skinny little friend is probably worried about her belly flab or something else than paying attention to you.

Put on your bathing suit and go enjoy yourself!
Agreed! I know how hard it is to not be self-concious, but I really believe that by not going you are just making yourself feel worse.

Jump in the pool quickly and no one will see anyway! And honestly, I bet you look great anyway.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

go to the pool.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #5  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Go on to the pool.

Bathing suits are not your enemy. And no one there is as worried about it as you are. I understand where you are....but love yourself and your CURRENT body even as you strive to become healthier.
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #6  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I'm going with the others -- go to the pool. I was never too fat for the pool. It always felt so great to be in the water and to be moving in ways that didn't hurt, that I always just made myself go. I spent more time in the water than other people and, thus, more time being active, swimming laps, playing with the little kids (who couldn't care less how I looked in my swimsuit), and stretching or just moving. Great experiences and a good part of anyone's active life in the summertime.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Be good to yourself & don't wait on your weight to live your life.
Go to the pool & have a blast!
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #8  
Kaye

S/C/G: 176/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh my.. I feel the same way!!!! I am going to Las Vegas in a few weeks and I am extremely excited. My fiance can't wait to go to the pool there.. and I am absolutely dreading it. I do not want to be the only "fat" girl at the pool surrounded by all of the skinny skimply dressed girls
yoyo no more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #9  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

I am with everyone else - GO TO THE POOL!

I can not imagine my life without swimming!! I am well over 200 lbs and I still spend my summers strutting my stuff in a two piece. Flab hanging all over... All my wobbly bits out for everyone to see. I don't care. I am more interested in being comfortable and having fun than impressing everyone else with my body! And not one person has ever said a word. And every summer I have a blast - swimming and relaxing in the water.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #10  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

If you like the pool... go.

I don't... so I don't go.

For me it's not an issue of how I look in a bathing suit because my current bathing suit... I would wear it as a normal shirt if I could. I love it. I love the way it makes me look. I just... I don't like swimming all that much... or the sun... blech. So... I don't go to the pool.

But... not because I would feel bad about going. I can understand the desire to not buy a new swimsuit. So don't. But... go to the pool. Nobody is going to care. You're not THAT overweight. If you need to, wear board shorts with a tankini type top, or even a one-piece. I've seen it a TON lately. It's the fashion, and nobody is going to judge you for wearing it. I certainly don't.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

HOORAY FOR THE WOBBLY BITS!!

Seriously..It can be hard to walk around thinking that absolutely everyone is judging you, or looking at you. But the majority of the people out there have enough of their own insecurities to be concerned about your extra flesh. Personally, I look TERRIBLE in a swimsuit..I have a saying that some things should only be seen through the eyes of love..me in a bikini is one of those things.
But it's really just a joke..those who love us dont care how we look, and those who dont love us dont have the ability to hurt us. Get wet and tanned, and just think of the calories you can burn while you are doing it!!
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Oh my.. I feel the same way!!!! I am going to Las Vegas in a few weeks and I am extremely excited. My fiance can't wait to go to the pool there.. and I am absolutely dreading it.
You are in Vegas! You will never see those people again. Who Cares?!!!!

Plus, you will probably see people of all shapes and sizes in Vegas. Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #13  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

You should go to the pool. But before that go to the store and buy a bathing suit that fits you properly! Trust me that makes it 100 times better.. Im 265 pounds and got this kick *** still super sexy bathing suit and i have never ever felt this way before! Im comfy and im rocking it!

Youll feel like a million bucks if you get the right one for your figure!

good luck and have a blast!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #14  
Happy Member

I agree, go to the pool. I just got home from my daily swim at the neighborhood pool. At 84 years of age I am absolutely NOT a vision of loveliness in a swim suit, but I sure enjoy going to the pool.

SO GO TO THE POOL!!!
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #15  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

Go to the pool and have fun! I go to water aerobics every week and I know I am scary in a suit, but guess what? I could care less! I have fun, get exercise and burn calories.

Last edited by steph15; 07-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote