Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default So close!

The scale said 150 this morning! I'm so close to the 140s I could scream! The 140s mean more to me than hitting that 100 lbs loss mark. I don't know why, I think maybe because they represent that I have done it. Since I started this journey my goal has always been to return to my high school weight which was somewhere in the low 140s, but I figure being a little over 10 years older and post pregnancy anywhere in the 140s will do. I'm not sure I'll get there next week, I typically lose based on my cycle and next week is ovulation and typically a time I don't lose weight, but I've changed my exercise routine a little bit so maybe!

I'm in a weird place though, because I don't know if my "goal" is going to put my body where it needs to be for me to be satisfied. I go in phases, one day I could care less if I lost another lb because I feel so great, then the next day I swear I need to lose another 15 lbs to be happy. Oh well, I figure I'll know when I get there. Fortunately with the changes to my meal plan I've made in the last few weeks I'm extremely happy at my calorie level, so I'm happy hanging here for as long as that takes.

Ok, enough gloating - Happy Friday!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

No, there's never enough gloating. Bring it on, I love hearing about it.

The thing is though,you don't have to decide anything definite about *goal* numbers or any other numbers. No one's tying you down to it. You get to decide. You control it.

I am thrilled to hear that your change of foods (menu) is working out so well. I thought it would. Your food will continue to evolve. Isn't it great to discover this?

Those 140's? They are SO yours. Eventually.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Thank you rockinrobin! And I really mean thank YOU! It was your suggestions (and others) that helped me to make those adjustments to my menu that have really helped my hunger levels, energy, motivation and weight loss. Without your inspiration I'd probably be still spinning my wheels. I'm having SO much fun with it and I feel fantastic! Thanks again for all you do for us.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #4  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

congrats on the 150! that's fantastci! i feel your pain on the "so close" thing. sometimes we have a particular marker that is just that important to us and it can be so frustrating to be hovering so close. it sounds like you have a good sense of humor about it. i usually end up laughing with myself when i find myself trying to "talk the scale down" or weighing more than once just to check. (at least i try to do that because the alternative for me is to get sort of down which doesn't help.) anyway, congrats on all the hard work you've done and good luck getting in the 140s! cheering for you!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #5  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Congrats You have done so well and you deserve to be proud. I have enjoyed reading your posts for help and inspiration. Please remember to stick around and help all of us once you hit your maintenance level LOL
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #6  
RachBaGach

S/C/G: 336/319/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh my Gosh!!!! You are there!!!!!!
muelle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #7  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

You can do it! I can tell by your posts that you are on top of it, rational, creative and motivated! You own this!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

WOW... look how close you are!

You have a really good mindset right now too. Taking it slow at this point and spending time learning to be happy with yourself is good. If you slow down and test out maintaining, that's not a bad thing either.

Once I get closer to goal, my goals will likely change to a body fat percentage instead of weight loss goals. That's where you get into fine tuning things. But you also have to learn to accept your body and its flaws. For some of us it might always be those saddlebags that won't go away, while for someone else it might be the thick waist. But once you learn to embrace that you can find a happy place.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
Thank you rockinrobin! And I really mean thank YOU! It was your suggestions (and others) that helped me to make those adjustments to my menu that have really helped my hunger levels, energy, motivation and weight loss. Without your inspiration I'd probably be still spinning my wheels. I'm having SO much fun with it and I feel fantastic! Thanks again for all you do for us.
Oh you are so very welcome!

I'm just elated to hear how great you're feeling on every level. This is just fantastic!

Keep it up my friend.

And the best part is, with the way that you're feeling - there is no reason in the world not to.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote