Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default *groan* I can barely eat...

Or think. Two days ago my lips began getting crusty at the edges and then it spread to my entire lip (I've been putting blistex on it to no effect), and of course... a giant canker sore developed. I couldn't fall asleep until 2AM last night because of the pain. Then I woke up again at 5 AM with the pain... then mom woke me up around 8AM... so altogether I probably had around 5 hours of sleep... total. And it still hurts. I could barely eat anything for breakfast. Trying to get SOMETHING into me I forced down some nasty eggs and some yogurt.

And... I have a dentists' appointment in three hours.

I really don't feel like eating anything else for the rest of the day... because it hurts to eat...
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

One day of not eating isn't going to kill you. That said, if you get hungry, you might go with something soft and cold like a protein shake.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I agree, one day won't really hurt you. The whole "starvation mode" thing takes a loooong time of eating way too little to be an issue. But personally if I don't eat I get sick and feel faint so I would probably try to drink something with calories (milk, juice, protein shake, smoothie, etc).
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My Doctor has prescribed Campho Phenique for canker sores. This is an over the counter medication that you can get at any pharmacy and it works.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179.8/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 6in

do you have a canker sore inside your mouth or outside on your lip?

I got one on my lip a few weeks ago, and I tried this product: http://www.amazon.com/Compeed-Cold-S...641411&sr=1-16

Unfortunately, this particular product is a little pricey, but it was worth it for me because it really helped. It's sort of like a clear little bandaid you put over the blisters. Then the blisters don't ooze, and it shields them from anything that might get to it (food, etc). Also, it helped with the swelling and the pain, and it's barely noticeable.

I hope you feel better soon!
loveAcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i'm sorry your mouth is sore. I'm not sure if you mean a canker sore in the corner of your mouth. The scaling of the corners of your mouth is a sign of vitamin B2, b6, and folic acid deficiency. Make sure you are taking a good multivitamin. it is hard to get everything from food. especially when you are dieting.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #7  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

or angular chelitis. Anytime you open your mouth the corners split and burn. If you're hungry I agree about soft things or drinking your calories- the less you have to open your mouth the better. Soup to go, protein shakes, pudding cups, yogurt...

As for not sleeping I have trouble all the time due to chronic pain. If lack of sleep starts to interfere with daily life then I take gravol or benedryl, it can help. (Have to say though, your "teenager" is showing ..many of us old folks would kill for 5hours sleep) Sometimes I can't get to sleep until 6am and by then what's the point? But I hate wasting percocet at bedtime . So toss and turn for hours
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #8  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Well... the canker sore was in the inside of my mouth (the dentist actually treated it, so it no longer hurts), and I personally think it's due to stress. But my lips, I have no idea WHAT is going on. They feel crusty... but not... well... chapped. Maybe it's a vitamin deficiency. That'd be a wonderful solution. I just... I have no idea why this is going on. It annoys me.

Thanks guys.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote