South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Thunder

I wish it were thundering right now, maybe it would help cool us off and we do need the rain badly. There's a chance of storms in the forecast for today, so there is hope.

I don't have to go in til later this morning, so I'm trying to be productive. I have a load of sheets in the washer right now and want to get the rest of the laundry finished before I head over to the farm. Monica called to say they're coming out tomorrow and are spending the weekend with us, and I'd better get their rooms all tidied up, too. I haven't touched them since they were here last weekend.
We had a pretty good day yesterday. Audrey was feeling much better, so we spent the afternoon here in the pool, and Jake invited the girls to have some ice cream cake with him and help him open his presents. He was thrilled with his windchimes and the girls helped him find the perfect spot off the sunporch to hang them. Funny, though, that there wasn't even the slightest breeze to stir the air, LOL!

So what's happening on your "thundering Thursday?"
Old 07-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, the pool and ice cream cake sounds good. I'm glad Jake enjoyed his gifts and party. Having the girls there was like icing on his cake, I'm sure.

We are headed for the fourth day of record-breaking heat. My garden is shriveling up and the grass is browning. I hate to use the sprinklers because the water table is low this year. This is incredible.

Today my sister and I are headed to town for some quilt shop cruising and then lunch together. We are both way too busy and set this up over a month ago so it's happening no matter what the weather. We usually "lunch" on a patio near the Kingston market but it'll definitely be an inside lunch today!

Donna is coming to clean this morning so I need to scurry around and tidy a bit. She will look after the dogs when I'm gone. They adore her and it's mutual so a good time will be had by all. Donna really enjoys the AC here so I must check it when I get home. She sometimes really cranks it up which means the house will be freezing.

Hope your day is a good one. It's nearly the weekend!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started! A morning at home sounds nice especially since Monica will be coming tomorrow. I'll bet you'll have a fun weekend despite the heat! I'm glad you had a nice birthday celebration, too.

Ruth, ouch on the garden and lawn. I got to thinking about all the rain you had last year for the Delta fair it's too bad it's not at the right time. As usual, I'm green with envy when you mention Donna's arrival. Have fun at the quilting stores!

I'm up working in the office before all my patients wake up. I do get to go to the pool this AM which I'm looking forward to. My Sis will arrive next Wednesday for a week which might make it easier to get out more often. Our temps have been a little cooler than usual which is nice because Rudi can do his recovering outside.

Food is staying pretty much on track-alot of the Beck skills keep reminding me to stay on track during this stressful time.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

The first thing I thought of with the title was the old expression "thunder thighs." Sigh. Lots of rain here off and on all week. No heat wave though.

Linda - We are big fans of ice cream cake in our house. Sounds yummy for a hot summer birthday.

Ruth - Years ago when I had a cleaning woman she also cranked the A/C. I finally realized that she was working hard enough to work up a good sweat! Have fun with your sister.

Debbie - Glad that eating is going well and Rudi is healing.

I have no particular plans for today other than some grocery shopping and exercise. Thanks to all our we weather, still no biking. But this way DH and I are knocking some recordings off the Tivo. Yesterday we watched two episodes of Jillian's new show while we worked out. Not sure I like it and pretty sure I don't like HER.

Have a great day all. Keep cool!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just a quick check in. Our internet wasn't working this morning which often happens after a power outage. Still hot, though not as hot. It's supposed to rain this weekend when we are camping. Figures

I hope to get back later. I'm working on reporting all day so I'm sure I'll need a break!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
stickign my head in
so glad DH liked his wind chimes Cottage take a pic!
Ruth your lady day sounds great!!
Debbie Have a good time at the pool!
Karen I love DVR!
cyn

Our kitchen is not really friendly for cooking (gotta love 1953!) so It tooke me an hour to throw stuff in the crockpot in our old cramped kitchen it took 15 arg!
I forgot to put 1 contact in and its TOM
however the day will get better it has too!!
Kierie
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! Long time! I'm doing a modified SB due to doctor's orders! I won't have fruit for 2 weeks but I'll only be eating 3x a day.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

Busy few days dealing with cherries and company coming this weekend.
I have been doing great op and off the antibiotics.
Hope everyone has a great weekend
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread