Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/138/120

Height: 5ft 3in

Default New and Motivated!

Hi. I wanted to introduce myself and really get going on my goals. Hopefully I can "meet" some new people, too, and make some friends here.

I lost a good bit of weight a few years ago, and went from about 185 down to 102 at my lowest. But life got stressful, I stopped paying as much attention, and started using food to cope with emotional issues. I think 102 was probably too low for me, but 142 is too high. I'm shooting for 120, and I will see how I feel/look then.

I have had and to some degree still have problems with not having enough energy and I think that's related to how I've eaten (too much sugar, etc) and getting too little exercise. So, that's another reason I want to do this.

My bf and I have both been wanting to lose weight, so we decided to set up a bet for who could hit their goal first. The amount in the same for each of us, but he's a lot taller, so in some ways it might be harder for me. However, I have more experience with it.

I've lost a few pounds already since we started, and I'm hoping to build on that. My greatest enemy is still stress, so I'll definitely need to on finding more ways of dealing with that better.

That's all for now. I look forward to getting to know the others in this community as I go on this journey.
June27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 142/138/120

Height: 5ft 3in

Thanks. I really like your quote. I looked at your pictures, and wow you have come such a long way. You are doing great. Very inspirational.
June27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

You're welcome and thank you as well
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome and glad you are here. Nothing like a little healthy competiton and I commend you both.

Please keep up updated on your progress and how your bet is playing out with your boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June27 View Post
Hi. I wanted to introduce myself and really get going on my goals. Hopefully I can "meet" some new people, too, and make some friends here.

I lost a good bit of weight a few years ago, and went from about 185 down to 102 at my lowest. But life got stressful, I stopped paying as much attention, and started using food to cope with emotional issues. I think 102 was probably too low for me, but 142 is too high. I'm shooting for 120, and I will see how I feel/look then.

I have had and to some degree still have problems with not having enough energy and I think that's related to how I've eaten (too much sugar, etc) and getting too little exercise. So, that's another reason I want to do this.

My bf and I have both been wanting to lose weight, so we decided to set up a bet for who could hit their goal first. The amount in the same for each of us, but he's a lot taller, so in some ways it might be harder for me. However, I have more experience with it.

I've lost a few pounds already since we started, and I'm hoping to build on that. My greatest enemy is still stress, so I'll definitely need to on finding more ways of dealing with that better.

That's all for now. I look forward to getting to know the others in this community as I go on this journey.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #6  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

welcome! doing it with your bf sounds like a good way to keep it fun and interesting. good luck!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote