South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #1  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Default Phase 1 DO OVER!

I began phase 1 initially two weeks before the 4th of July. I was doing a CLEAN phase 1 for 13 days (until the infamous 4th rolled around). I had every intention of staying ON PLAN for the holiday, but I was camping in the woods with limited food choices, and I just wasn't strong enough to go through the extra time/trouble to prepare on plan foods with inadequate materials and equipment. I strayed BIG. As of yesterday however, I am back on phase 1, but I am modifying it to make it more strict (seeing as my cravings never really went away, and I feel like I could have done better). (I did have TOM during my second week, and I think that was the WRONG time). I am going to abstain from the following over the next 2 weeks (in addition to items usually prohibited):
Yogurt, milk, cottage cheese, and other dairy with a high lactose content.
Artificial sweeteners, and items that are artificially sweetened. (I will allow 1 packet of stevia per day)....I am not even having my usual sugar free metamucil, I'll switch it for pure psyllium.
All caffeine.
And beans.
I hope those tweaks with help to further cut my cravings and show me better results after the 2 weeks are up. A more strict 1.5 will follow.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

It amazes me than anyone could do anything stricter than phase one and stick to it. How awesome for you that you can. Just be sure you aren't hurting yourself nutritionally to do it. And don't beat yourself up too much for going off plan over one weekend. It happens to everyone. The trick is to pick up and keep on going with the diet if you do. Obviously you're picking yourself up rather well. I wish you the best.
Jarlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I definitely agree about artificial sweetened things still causing cravings. It did for me, big time!

One thing that helps me more than anything is beans. I have for one meal a day and have found so many wonderful ways to prepare them. They do have carbs, but the fiber and protein keeps me so full.

Why are you omitting beans?
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I can't live without beans either!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote