Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise plans, stuff....week of July 5

Hi! Here's a place for you to put your daily plans - food, menu, exercise, stuff and get some support and have some accountability.

Feel free to join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! We are in for a heat wave...ick, ok, I like nice weather, but 90's w/ high humidity is not my favorite!!! Oh, well, guess it will make it easier to drink LOTS of water!!!!

I am feeling really good about getting myself back on track, like the "switch" flipped again ya know? I don't know how to explain it, but I was telling hubby last night, I am excited to cook healthier and move more.

Have a great OP day!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #3  

Hi chicks - yesterday was fun....having a cookout for America, my mom and my aunt (all with July 4 birthdays). It was hot...but - we have shade after f5pm on our deck and backyard. My food went well - always grateful for that.

At 8pm I started to get stomach cramps and pain. It was weird. I ended up not going to the fireworks. Finally at 3:30 am - the pain subsided. What was that about? Maybe left over from the colonoscopy? My fiber cereal after not eating some for days? I don't know. I thought - if it's not gone by morning, I'll have to go to the ER. But - after 7 hours of being doubled over...it stopped. Go figure. I feel fine now.

Today we are going to my cousin's house for a cookout celebrating our Aunt's birthday. My plan is scoping out the food. Making the healthiest choices - fill my plate carefully ONE time. No seconds.

The scale is still barely under 200 - but, it could be a 'leftover' from my Friday colonoscopy. I not counting anything the scale says until Wednesday. The nurses said - things will be back to where they should be in 3-5 days.

breakfast - turkey on bread with mayo, watermelon

lunch - cottage cheese, sliced tomato, rice cakes

snack - cereal, milk, fruit, pnb

dinner - cookout...healthiest choice

snack - sf pudding, cheese, fruit.

Have a great day folks!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

MJ - I understand about the switch! I was in tears this morning because I realized that I am really doing this. It's not a fluke. As of tomorrow, I've been on-plan for 6 weeks!

Beverly - I'm glad to hear that your stomach pain left. That does not sound like much fun. Tonight, my MIL begins the prep for her colonoscopy.

I'm thoroughly enjoying having my brother and his family here. It has been a little bit difficult having a ton of junk food in my kitchen. So far, I've been strong and have stayed on-plan. Last evening, we went to the ice cream shop after the fireworks. I ordered a scoop of no-sugar added, fat free ice cream. I only ate 1/2 and gave the rest to my daughter. Next week will be the real challenge. We are headed to Florida for a week. The hotel room does have a fridge and microwave, so I'm planning ahead.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Good morning chickies!

Beverlyjoy--so glad the stomach pain is gone!

mj5--woohoo--keep the switch flipped!

Rhonda--good for you--you are setting yourself up for success and I know you will do well in Florida.

Had a great weekend. Totally on plan. So often we hear about the struggles and sabotage when we're out with friends, so I just want to take a moment to share about one of my great friends. She had our family over for dinner last night. She obviously went out of her way to provide healthy foods she knew I could eat. For my burger, she had a lovely plate of lettuce so I could wrap my burger. She bought a 60calorie Jello mousse pack, along with low carb ice cream. Fruit and veggies galore. Hummus dip. A beautiful spinach salad with low calorie dressing. Of course there were chips, ranch dip, queso dip, etc. But for everything that wasn't on my plan there was something at the table I could have. I mentally tracked my calories and was totally on plan for the day!!!

No weight lost for last week but for me, staying on plan and NOT gaining is FABULOUS.

Hubby has today off so I'm not sure what we'll be doing for meals but so far:

b--pancake, bacon
275c

l--turkey rueben, fruit
400c

s--vitatop

d--atichoke/spincah pizza

s--vitatop
100c

total--1355c

Must run and get in the shower. TTYL!

Last edited by ANewCreation; 07-05-2010 at 10:43 PM.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #6  
mj5

Hi again! I am sooooooooo bored. I am working today so others could have the day off. Kinda felt it was my "turn", besides I have a week off coming up soon, so it's ok. I was able to get a lot of paperwork done, which is good. Can't wait to go home and spend some time w/ the dogs and hubby! I do have to make a quick stop at the store for some fresh veggies and a small container of vanilla frozen yogurt. Hubby called and said he picked some super yummy blackberries in the back yard, so that will be our desert tonight.

I maintained this week too and I am quite pleased with that. Now next week I am working for a loss!!!

Beverlyjoy--That sounds terrible! Glad you are feeling better.

Rhonda--you are doing fantastic!!! What an inspiration. I know you will do great in Florida!

ANewCreation--What an awesome friend!!!

Last edited by mj5; 07-05-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon, ladies!

mj5 - yay for the "switch" flipping! Fresh blackberries & frozen vanilla yogurt sounds soooo good! Enjoy!

beverlyjoy - glad the stomach pain stopped. Yikes, that sounds awful! So glad you are feeling better!

Girlygirl - Good for you for avoiding temptation & sticking to your plan!! You're making great choices!

ANewCreation - what a wonderful friend you have! Congrats on staying on plan for the weekend.

As for me, I'm having a lazy day today. I need to get up off my tushie & do some exercise. I worked out really hard Saturday & Sunday & am still kind of feeling it today. But I know I need to do something. I think I'm going to take the dog for a 60 minute walk & call it good!

Food has been good so far today. DH grilled some yummy stuff for lunch today & I'm at about 680 calories so far today. We have lots of leftovers for supper tonight - so, hooray! I don't have to cook

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Bevjoy- happy to hear your pain is gone!

Mingle- good job on your weekend workouts. I haven't started intense working out yet- at least not consistently. I am going from being "normal busy" to being purposeful in my movement!

new creation- WTG for staying on plan.

mj- the yogurt and berries sound delish!

I had a good weekend, relatively low calories (meaning I didn't go the highest I could go). I think I had the TOM whoosh because I was down 3.2 today from what I weighed on the 2nd! YAY!!!

I went swimming today and was on purpose in treading water and "jogging"
in the water for 35 minutes. Calories are at 1400 so far so today will be a day on the higher end.

I plan to go walking in the morning. I need to make myself go.....it's just so stinking hot here.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:35 AM   #9  

Hi Chicks....yesterday I stayed in my calorie range...I am always grateful for that.

I had that stomach cramp thing again in the afternoon,(for an hour or so) I think it's related to me eating too much fiber so soon after my colonoscopy. I will watch it carefully.

Gosh, it's been hot here! Wow - am so grateful to have airconditioning and a ceiling fan. How did our grandparents/ancentors manage without it!

I've been pretty careful with my food of late - but, I haven't been getting in my stretches or strengthening exercises. Today I WILL do this for sure!!!

Still working on the day to day living with food in a healthy way:

plan/log/measure/count calories
fork down between bites
eat seated only, no seconds,
leave a bite
TASTE the food/ slow mindful eating
feel fullness
lots of water
exercise
remind myself that eating everthing I'd like to isn't an emergency
remind myself that food/eating doesn't cure stress/physical pain

breakfast - oatmeal, blueberries, milk pnb spoon

lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese, zuccini

snack - strawberries, cereal, milk

dinner - salmon, sweet potato, green bean salad, margerine

snack - lc cheese on rice cake, watermelon

mingle - glad you've had such a great weekend. Walking the dog is a great inbetween exercise!

txmary - LOVE that whoosh - kudo's on staying in your calorie range!
Mingle - good job on your food! Yes, taking the dog for a walk can a great in between exercise.

Mj - sounds like berries and yogurt sure do make a healthy dessert!

anew creation - wow - your friend is a real friend who cares about your goals and health. So glad you stayed on plan. Great.

Rhonda - kudo’s and well done getting through a food filled weekend and enjoying family. Have a GREAT vacation.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-06-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #10  
mj5

Good Morning! It's another hot one here today...heat index is going to be over 100 today. ICK!!!! We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave......

mingle--How was your walk yesterday? Yippee for not having to cook last night!

TXMary--Congrats on your loss!! Did you get a walk in this morning? It's hot here, so I can't even imagine how hot it is there....

Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday! I think our ancestors were just tougher! I am a wimp when it comes to the heat, I'll admit it! I can deal w/ the cold (you can always put on a sweater!)

So last night I made this saute w/ zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and tomoatoes, a little evoo and garlic....it was SO good! Even hubby loved it. There is a lot leftover, so tonight I will add some diced chicken have serve it over whole wheat pasta.

I am hoping to brave the heat and run down to the farmers market this morning and see if I can buy some berries...our desert last night was delish!

Have a great OP day everyone. Don't forget to drink lots of water!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, ladies!

TXMary - great job on your "whoosh" & staying OP over the weekend!!

Beverlyjoy - glad you were on plan yesterday! Hope those stomach pains stay away now!!

Got up this morning & got my exercise in - 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical for 4.5 miles. Now, the kids & I are off to the zoo. So will get some more steps in there.

The scale is just not budging for me. I've been at 231.2 for 2 weeks now. I'm really, really hoping to get a whoosh, or at least a loss of some sort this week. I'm going to try cycling my calories this week to see if that makes a difference. We'll see!

Hope everyone has a fun, healthy day!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #12  

Update - I spoke to the nurse at the gastroenterologists office and told her of my night of severe stomach area pain. And - my one hour bout yesterday. She felt it probably had to do with my body reacting to the amount of fiber I was giving it while it was still kinda empty 'down in there'. I am to call them if it happens again.

Thanks everyone for your concern.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #13  

Hi chickies - I stayed in my calorie range yesterday...am always grateful for that. My actual food plan took a few twists and turns but, I resisted temptations. DH had some homemade trail mix - it was 'calling' to me all day. I didn't want to deal with it anymore so I squirted liquid dish soap in the bag and threw it in the trash. Mission accomplished!

Yes...I did do my stretches and strengthening exercises yesterday. I am planning to do them again today.

My tummy felt fine all day - so I think that saga is over...LOL.

journal
plan/log/measure/count calories
fork down between bites
leave a bite
eat seated only
no seconds
lots of water
remember that food is not an emergency
remember that food doesn't cure pain or stress
slow mindful eating
feel fullness
TASTE the food

breakfast - pnb toast, morningstar bacon, blueberries

lunch - homemade mushroom soup, slice of light cheese, rice cake

snack - cereal, milk, fruit

dinner - tuna salad, crackers, roasted veggies

snack - lc cheese, rice cakes, fruit

Mingle - three cheers for all that exercise. The scale will move - in it's own time, darn it. You are doing great.

mj - I am singing tropical heatwave with you! Your veggie dish sounds so yummy. I like recipes that can morph into somethng new the next day too.

Shout out to anyone stopping by the tread today. Have a healthy day.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies

Bev- WTG on staying in your calorie range.

Well, so uchfor yesterday's whoosh! I think I ruined it by not drinking enough water yesterday. In fact I think I drank less than one bottle. This morning I am up by 1.4 - soooo aggravating, but I feel pretty sure it was the water. I have to make a conscious effort to drink the water because it is so easy to just go about my day and not drink.

I did not go on a walk this morning or yesterday - I didn't exercise at all yesterday. My calories were under 1600 so that was good.

My goal is to get some sort of exercise today for minimum 20 minutes.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies! I am back from a long week at the beach, preceded by a long weekend getaway with DH to celebrate our anniversary. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I worked and I'm having a hard time getting motivated!

I'm determined to get strict again, and this is the perfect time, since I have no appetite in this heat. I'm not going to walk today, too hot, but we'll go to the pool later and I'll swim laps instead. My plan for today:
B: leftover chicken breast, tomato juice
L: cottage cheese smoothie, flax muffin
D: stuffed zukes on the grill

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote