View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #51
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - I followed my plan to spend most of my day in my cool basement playing with patch cement; CREDIT moi for sticking to my plan. And made it to the gym - CREDIT moi - not many people there on the last day of the three day weekend. Eating on-plan during the summer is easier for me than during the winter (CREDIT moi). When we load trays to take outside to the patio, there is no thought of additional food when that's done. And evening eating isn't as tempting since evening around here - married to a gardener - doesn't begin until it's too dark for her to continue tending her plants. By the time I can think about evening snacking, it's bedtime.

Walked to our community garden to pick the one, single cucumber that we had seen from the day before would be ready. It was. We picked it ... and picked some seven others that had appeared by spontaneous generation - I know they weren't there 24 hour before, LOL. Louis Pasteur wouldn't have been so quick to dismiss spontaneous generation if he had studied cucumbers.

maryblu - Just stop all this "how fast summer is going" talk already. Cool new summer toy that allows you to be your own island. Maybe you can sneak up on your loons, LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - So neat that you've turned pasta into "a showcase for roasted summer vegetables." Perhaps pasta, like meat, should be viewed as a garnish for veggies. You're really moving on your July exercise goal.

Ruth (Ruthxxx) - So, it's from the beach to "breach" - this thread can always benefit from good old South Beach experience. Kudos for recognizing that waiting for calm to descend upon your life is your version of Waiting for Godot, LOL.

Beverlyjoy - Yay for diet ginger ale coming to the rescue. Big Ouch for that much stomach pain two days after your procedure. Hope all remains well. Kudos for moving your DH's "homemade trail mix with chocolate chips" - that kinda stuff is hard for me when visible because I so easily pretend that only one, single grab won't count (rather mundane Sabotaging Thought). Even if it didn't count, I'd never stop at one grab if it's good stuff, LOL.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Just can't do better than "being mindful of choices" - sounds like a good day. Yay for finding the weights that you need. And big Yay for a new iPhone toy to distract you to staying on your path.

Donna (new2me2) - Yay for watermelon - one of the gifts of the summer gods. Kudos for 65 minutes of good workout.

Overlord - Kudos for staying on-plan even if it's a pre-plan. It'll be fun hearing which recipes work for you. Good luck tackling smoking at the same time - letting some of the CBT strategies leak into that issue should be a good idea.

Houston2Command - Kudos for giving yourself credit for spotting that Thinking Error of predicting a vacation gain even though you knew you were eating OK. Old scales are just fine if they give repeatable results, since we're not so much interested in our absolute weight as we are in our progress. If yours isn't repeatable, maybe having a new scale as an early reward for your next mini-goal is possible.

Amber (AmberPr) - Yay for warm summer days in Minnesota; Kudos for taking advantage of them with several walks. And Kudos for the "usual, healthy suspects" from the grocery store.

Readers -
Quote:
day 31
Decide About Drinking
tip!

When you drink, notice and enjoy every sip. Drink slowly so it'll last longer. As soon as you've finished your drink, order a no-calorie beverage, so you won't be tempted to order another alcoholic beverage.
The Beck Diet Solution, pg 221.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years