Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Default Strategies for Hamburger/Hot Dog weekend (known to others as 4th of July)

So......what's your strategy? My husband is already talking about smoking a rack of ribs (his favorite, and since he has the body of a greek god, can afford it). My strategies are:

1. PLAN. Have food in the house that I like to eat and that is OP. Saved my steak for this weekend.

2. VISUALIZE. I plan on spending a few minutes every morning and evening visualizing myself walking to the food tables and making good choices, as well as stepping on the scale Tuesday with a loss.

3. REMEMBER. A few things - how hard it was to lose 2lbs., how terrible I felt after overeating, there will be hot dogs and hamburgers and chips and desserts available every day for the rest of my life - don't have to eat them now.

4. HANG ON. by the skin of my teeth.

What about you?
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I plan to focus on eating on Program. Have chicken/turkey burgers instead of regular hamburger/hot dog. I've bought a lot of fruit/veggies to keep in the house. We are planning to be at the beach most of the weekend.. I'll pack lots of coolers and bring stuff with us.

I went off program last week for my daughters birthday and felt TERRIBLE after I ate it. I'm going to try and remember that feeling when I want to eat off program.. and I'm going to go WI on Tuesday. Knowing that I have to WI after the weekend helps keep me honest..

Good Luck!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I'm all about TURKEY burgers! And sweet potato fries! Yummy! That's what I'm having, with only one piece of the bun. What i do is I cut the burger in half, then i remove the meat from one and stack it on the other half with the bread. So I psych myself out thinking I"m eating a double meat burger but I've eliminated that extra piece of unecessary bread!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #4  

My BBQ's started last night, and it went swimmingly well! A bunch of my friends know I'm on this program, so we had hamburgers AND chicken breast. So, I put my estimated (no scale) 3oz of chicken (protein) on half a bun (my starch with a few extra calories probably ) with a tiny bit of mustard. I didn't eat the corn on the cob and just came home after and had my 6oz of veggies. As much as I wanted the awesome homemade cookies, I just kept telling myself that something that tastes good for a max of maybe 10 seconds just isn't worth it in the long run.

Question though...does anyone find themselves thinking bad thoughts about the people eating the bad food at these events? I know how wrong it is, but in my head last night, I was thinking, "Does she KNOW how many calories are in that thing?!".
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

I love the visualizing our plan of attack! I love it! I also want a loss this week. I am 2 lbs from 50 lbs and I want that 50 lb rock so bad!
I am having a BBQ here where it is my safe zone. I made yucky stuff to have out there, but I am not tempted in the slightest because I am used to the other stuff being here. I also want to wake up early and get my pilates in and my walk in before my guests arrive. So that lil push will make me not want to eat huge. I also am having steak and BBQ'ed veggies. I will put olive oil and italian seasoning on all kinds of veggies and put them in foil and grill them.
Best wishes to the rest of you gals Have a safe and Happy 4th of July !!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse120 View Post
Question though...does anyone find themselves thinking bad thoughts about the people eating the bad food at these events? I know how wrong it is, but in my head last night, I was thinking, "Does she KNOW how many calories are in that thing?!".
Ha ha! yes! I was at breakfast the other day where I had 2 poached eggs with the low carb tortilla I pulled out of my purse. Everyone else was having bacon, gravy, etc. I kept thinking, "Are you kidding me? Is that food worth what is happening to your arteries?" Ah, so quickly I have become the judge!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote