South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Fun on The Beach

Good morning! Where is everyone this morning? I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee already.

I have to work this morning until after lunch, then Cindy is taking the girls with her to a polo tournament. I have a few errands to run before heading home, then my weekend begins!

Tomorrow I'm meeting my DD and grandkids in the city, and we're going to Eric's show and then they're coming back with me to spend the night. Sunday, we're going to my brother's to combine the 4th of July and a Christmas In July celebration. Don't ask. Ruth was here to observe the discussion my family had on that one.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Default Fun in the sun Friday

Hey everyone! I hope everyone has great weekend plans. For us, the weather is going to be fantastic and we are staying with friends in Easthampton who have a pool so I am psyched....and, I heard we are getting out early at work today so I'll have time to get my house in order before we go.

I won't be checking in this weekend, but hope everyone has a great one! Happy 4th!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ha, ha, ha! I beat you by a full minute, Matilda! Your weekend plans sound like a lot of fun!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Both of you sound like you have fabulous weekend plans! Matilda, I am SO jealous of the pool...we don't have A/C, and the forecast now is in the 90's!! Time to hit Spring Creek!!

I just got back from a 5 mile run, it felt great. I had to haul my arse out of bed at 5 am, but knew I'd enjoy it once I was out. I guess Friday is everyone's day off, I didn't see anyone, and I've seen 3-4 people daily most days (we have a very active town!). Now, I'm off to work for a few hours, then I have a high school classmate coming in town for the weekend. VERY exciting!! I haven't seen him in... I would guess 17 years. Things have changed a bunch since then!! And he has four kids...should make it interesting!! I actually have a lot of beachy food planned, he wanted southern tonight, so it's squash, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, and turnip greens. YUM!

Have a great Friday!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-02-2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Hit the return button!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I've been up for ages but sort of drifting around. I'm in recovery mode after a lovely evening on the Big Rideau Lake pretending I was part of the idle rich. I think I may have had a tad too much champagne but it was worth it.

Cottage, your weekend sounds just great. I wish I could join you for Eric's show and for Christmas in July and listen to the multiple discussions that go on. What a group of talkers! Give the curmudgeon a birthday hug for me.

Matilda, you do sound psyched and ready for the weekend. Have a great time in East Hampton and the pool.

This morning I'm helping prep veggies for a chicken BBQ tomorrow and Margo is coming for lunch as a sort of trial run with their new dog, Casey. They'll be at a "no dogs" cottage in a week and we want to see how Casey gets along with my two. I know Bailey, their other dog, is fine with my two and with me. After all she did spend the first 12 weeks of her life in my kitchen - she's one of Hershey's pups.

I wish everyone a wonderful long weekend. Celebrate our wonderful countries.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Twynn. We're going up to the 90s over the weekend too. Real summer at last!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends I'm a little allergyish so need more coffee to get going today. Sounds like half days are the thing. We also heard that we are getting out at noon Looks like a long hot stretch coming so I'll enjoy the cooler temps today and tomorrow.

Cottage - Looks like lots of fun plans for you this weekend. Hope your morning whizzes by

Matilda - A pool will be perfect this weekend. Enjoy!

Twynn - no AC here either and several days above 90. 95 for Monday We need to find a good place to swim

I'm still enjoying watching the oriole families coming in and out. The babies are all self feeding now so there are lines to get into the feeder. I am going through a jar of jelly a day but it's fun to watch them

Okay, the sooner I get to work the sooner the weekend will start.

ETA good morning Ruth.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-02-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks!

Biking for me today. Then shopping and packing; tomorrow we head to my mom's lake house again but with family this time. Last year we did the same thing over the 4th and at that time, thanks to SB, I was at my goal weight. I can pinpoint that weekend as when I started regaining. I don't do well eating at the lake and I am going to work very hard this weekend to change that. Also, we have some crazy family issues going on so the emotions could be high.

I should be here tomorrow morning but then internet-less until late Monday.

Have a great day and weekend all.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Life has gotten incredibly hectic since Rudi came home. I don't know if I'll be checking in for the next few days or not. Food has been good-as close to OP as possible.

Twynn, thx for the PM yesterday. I haven't had a minute to answer back. Wanna come visit me?? lol The sooner the better...

Take care everyone! Thanks for the support!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Cottage - thanks for the welcome back, I think my grandson is about the same age as yours and you know how adorable they are at almost 3.

Ruth - have fun with the extra doggies. I know how much you love them.

Matilda and Cyndi - hope you get off early and have a nice weekend.

Karen - Wishing you willpower this weekend. As I heard once, we keeping repeating our habits over and over until we learn from them.

Debbie - Thinking of you. I know how hard it is to take care of a dog. We had to carry our goldie up and down the stairs for about the last two months of her life. And there is the extra stress of your mom too. Take care of yourself.

me - DH and sons going down to the harbour to see the Tall Ships. I am staying home and maybe will do some gardening or read. Just read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and never thought I would enjoy it but it was fabulous. On Monday will try to go cherry picking at my favourite orchard in Niagara.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful on plan weekend.

take care
Sophie
weigh-in today and lost 1.6 lbs that brings me down to 178. Will try to change my ticker some day soon.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

I got my walk in early to avoid the heat, but it's not as warm here as it is for the rest of you. ( thank goodness!) I'm looking forward to a long weekend at home, first time since winter. I've got so much to do because we're leaving for 3 weeks on Wednesday morning. I want to have the house looking really good for 2 reasons: (1) My paranoia that something could happen while we're traveling and I don't want family members to have to clean our stuff before they take it or give it all away. and mostly (2) House guests are arriving a few days after we get back from our trip. I figure I'll do well to just get caught up on all the laundry and grocery shopping before they arrive.

Debbie, how's Rudi feeling this morning?

Have a great Friday friends.
Closed Thread